• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT| Pumpin' Iron and Spittin' Blood.

k1m1d4n

Hello community.
I need your help with something. Actually two somethings.
The first one is personal and the second may be of help for anyone reading it.

So first off,
I've been training for sometime, self taught reading random info here and there, trying to find a good method of training that works for me, and the thing I'm having the most trouble with is gaining muscle without gaining fat. I've been doing an adapted version of tactical barbel to gain strength and since I started my lean body mass weight hasn't raised significantly. It's been almost a year and as the weights get heavier I'll soon hit a plateau as I'm not building muscle to match.
Every night I gain fat and lose muscle and every day during work time I lose fat and gain a bit of muscle.

(scale measure early morning)
6Ld1km8.jpg

This leads into the the second question.

I don't know how it's been for all of you but at least here in Portugal prices have been rising like crazy.
Not to long ago creatine price doubled and with the milk industry crisis that's looming soon also protein powder price will sky rocket.
With the need to eat more to get bigger and the responsibility to feed my family conflicting, is it possible for us as a community to create something like a guide for those that want to be healthier and perform better, be the better versions of ourselves, but doing that being poor?

Hello community.

So first off,
I've been training for sometime, self taught reading random info here and there, trying to find a good method of training that works for me, and the thing I'm having the most trouble with is gaining muscle without gaining fat. I've been doing an adapted version of tactical barbel to gain strength and since I started my lean body mass weight hasn't raised significantly. It's been almost a year and as the weights get heavier I'll soon hit a plateau as I'm not building muscle to match.
Every night I gain fat and lose muscle and every day during work time I lose fat and gain a bit of muscle.

6Ld1km8.jpg

I don't know how it's been for all of you but at least here in Portugal prices have been rising like crazy.
Not to long ago creatine price doubled and with the milk industry crisis that's looming soon also protein powder price will sky rocket.
With the need to eat more to get bigger and the responsibility to feed my family conflicting, is it possible for us as a community to create something like a guide for those that want to be healthier and perform better, be the better versions of ourselves, but doing that being poor?
I run TB so maybe I can be of help here. Are you running something from Mass? Which template, and what conditioning are you using with it? I post my daily workouts on the TB forum if you want to see what I usually run (same username as here). I just finished a block of regular Operator and started Operator Pro for the first time, but this summer I was running Grey Man with Black conditioning (from TB2 I mean, not from Mass).

And honestly, you are going to gain some fat as you add muscle; that's just the way the body works. The ultimate answer is probably that you're not eating enough.

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

I run TB so maybe I can be of help here. Are you running something from Mass? Which template, and what conditioning are you using with it? I post my daily workouts on the TB forum if you want to see what I usually run (same username as here). I just finished a block of regular Operator and started Operator Pro for the first time, but this summer I was running Grey Man with Black conditioning (from TB2 I mean, not from Mass).

And honestly, you are going to gain some fat as you add muscle; that's just the way the body works. The ultimate answer is probably that you're not eating enough.
6bEG5HT.jpg

This is what I've been using.
As I said it's an adapted TB. I'll try to explain everything going on.
2 is Monday (upper body)
5 is Thursday (upper body/back)
3 and 6 is Tuesday and Friday (lower body)
Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday ( 1h elliptical)

Exercises on the top squares I do in the morning (7am-8am)
Exercises on the lower rectangles I do during lunch break (13h30-14h00)

The 70-75% range I do for 2 weeks (5 sets 6reps)
The 80-85% range I do for 4 weeks (5 set 6reps)
90% range 4 weeks (5sets 4reps)
95% range 4 weeks (5sets 3 reps)
I do this while scaling on the reps so I can get used to the weight before going up as I can't afford being stuck under a bar or dropping it on the floor as I train alone in my home.

6bEG5HT.jpg

This is what I've been using.
As I said it's an adapted TB. I'll try to explain everything going on.
2 is Monday (upper body)
5 is Thursday (upper body/back)
3 and 6 is Tuesday and Friday (lower body)
Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday ( 1h elliptical)

Exercises on the top squares I do in the morning (7am-8am)
Exercises on the lower rectangles I do during lunch break (13h30-14h00)

The 70-75% range I do for 2 weeks (5 sets 6reps)
The 80-85% range I do for 4 weeks (5 set 6reps)
90% range 4 weeks (5sets 4reps)
95% range 4 weeks (5sets 3 reps)
I do this while scaling on the reps so I can get used to the weight before going up as I can't afford being stuck under a bar or dropping it on the floor as I train alone in my home.
Okay, I admit that I'm having a little difficulty parsing this. But my main question is, why don't you just do one of the templates from Mass? And if you're having a hard time gaining mass and that's your priority, why are you doing 3 hours a week on the elliptical? It sounds like you're naturally lean/a hard gainer, so you need to be all the more careful about sending mixed messages to your body.

I don't read Portuguese, so I'm not sure what that first thing you posted says, but are you getting in your protein and total calories that are specified in Mass Protocol? And if you're going by that book, are you using the 'hardgainer' formula?

k1m1d4n

Okay, I admit that I'm having a little difficulty parsing this. But my main question is, why don't you just do one of the templates from Mass? And if you're having a hard time gaining mass and that's your priority, why are you doing 3 hours a week on the elliptical? It sounds like you're naturally lean/a hard gainer, so you need to be all the more careful about sending mixed messages to your body.

I don't read Portuguese, so I'm not sure what that first thing you posted says, but are you getting in your protein and total calories that are specified in Mass Protocol? And if you're going by that book, are you using the 'hardgainer' formula?
According to my scale (Xiaomi body composition) I'm at 21% body fat and everytime I eat a bit more than I should almost all of that goes to fat. According to the "internets" there is a thing called maingaining where you try to eat just a bit above maintenance and magically fat decreases and muscle grows.
I'm not using one of the templates because I genuinely thought that it was to little training (ego issues) so ajusted the reps sets and volume according to TB and started doing exercises in supersets with agonists and antagonists. I also added the elliptical because the same "internets" said doing 3 hours of steady state cardio a week would help with fat loss.

k1m1d4n

After finishing with the picture I've sent I'm planning on doing this one, sticking 100% to the template using 4 exercises (bench press, squat, weighted pull up, deadlift) and see what happens
QQItLVP.jpg

Last edited:
After finishing with the picture I've sent I'm planning on doing this one, sticking 100% to the template using 4 exercises (bench press, squat, weighted pull up, deadlift) and see what happens
QQItLVP.jpg
Okay, maybe I misunderstood. I thought that your primary goal was to gain muscle so I assumed you had the Mass Protocol book. But of course that's regular Operator from Book 1. So let me ask you this:

1) What are your goals? Gaining muscle, gaining strength, improving conditioning, etc.

2) Are you recreational or professional (law enforcement, military)?

3) Which TB books have you read? There's 1 (the weightlifting book you have now), 2 (the conditioning book), Mass Protocol, and the new Green book.

4) Are you currently doing conditioning work in addition to the lifting?

Once we determine this, I can give you more specific advice.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
I;m not doing yoga on the bog :p
Laugh all you want, but yoga is an amazing compliment to weight training. (And since you are doing a lot of body weight anyway…). I’ve been at it three months (with weight training) and never felt stronger or better. (Don’t yoga on the toilet… lol).
Hello community.

So first off,

6Ld1km8.jpg

Well, I’m not quite sure exactly what your routine is….. but That’s some really low rep. I don’t know how long you have been at it, but it may be time for a change.

One, it’s VERY difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. You have to be exceedingly dialed in.

I think you may want to consider hypertrophy training. Higher reps. 3x12- 4x10 that kind of stuff. Additionally, (not knowing how big you are). You may just want to go into a bit of a cut phase. Do some full body splits. (Or like a push, pull, legs kinda situation). Add some HIIT. And yes, Tun in a caloric deficit getting enough protein. (And Yup, damn stuff is expensive right now. Eggs, chicken, protein powder. All of it).

Just something to consider.

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

Okay, maybe I misunderstood. I thought that your primary goal was to gain muscle so I assumed you had the Mass Protocol book. But of course that's regular Operator from Book 1. So let me ask you this:

1) What are your goals? Gaining muscle, gaining strength, improving conditioning, etc.

2) Are you recreational or professional (law enforcement, military)?

3) Which TB books have you read? There's 1 (the weightlifting book you have now), 2 (the conditioning book), Mass Protocol, and the new Green book.

4) Are you currently doing conditioning work in addition to the lifting?

Once we determine this, I can give you more specific advice.
1 gaining muscle and strength. Being able to lift heavy while gaining a little of size to match. Bodybuilder size although appealing, economically unsustainable.

2 recreational. Not so active until my 20s when I started with parkour. That later evolved into street workout and coach Sommer s gymnastics bodies. Past few years just been training at home since my best friend moved to San Francisco and I lost my training partner. Started doing resistance band work then found about TB here on GAF.

3 I have the 2 books. Passed my eyes on the first saw these interesting concepts and changed my training without reading it till the end.

4 during morning I do TB. And at lunch time what I do is more similar to hypertrophy. 5 sets of 12 adding one rep each week until adding 1-2 kg and starting over. I used to practice taekwondo 4 times a week after work (19-21h) but since my second daughter was born I only go 2xweek to teach kids classes.

k1m1d4n

Laugh all you want, but yoga is an amazing compliment to weight training. (And since you are doing a lot of body weight anyway…). I’ve been at it three months (with weight training) and never felt stronger or better. (Don’t yoga on the toilet… lol).

Well, I’m not quite sure exactly what your routine is….. but That’s some really low rep. I don’t know how long you have been at it, but it may be time for a change.

One, it’s VERY difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. You have to be exceedingly dialed in.

I think you may want to consider hypertrophy training. Higher reps. 3x12- 4x10 that kind of stuff. Additionally, (not knowing how big you are). You may just want to go into a bit of a cut phase. Do some full body splits. (Or like a push, pull, legs kinda situation). Add some HIIT. And yes, Tun in a caloric deficit getting enough protein. (And Yup, damn stuff is expensive right now. Eggs, chicken, protein powder. All of it).

Just something to consider.
As for the low rep count, it is required for the strength growth regime presented on the tactical barbel training routine.
But I also added during lunch time some exercises that I do in 5x12

Raven117

Gold Member
As for the low rep count, it is required for the strength growth regime presented on the tactical barbel training routine.
But I also added during lunch time some exercises that I do in 5x12
That’s what I mean, maybe try some thing else? Low rep high weight is typically for getting stronger not bigger. (Of course you get a little bigger) Also, how long are your rests between sets?

I don’t know how long you have been giving your current program a go. But if it’s been months…. Might be time to go back to the drawing board. (Starting with nutrition)

Edit: read more about that program, looks good but not sure that’s what you need to be doing to basically be in a cut phase.. do you feel stronger at least?

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

That’s what I mean, maybe try some thing else? Low rep high weight is typically for getting stronger not bigger. (Of course you get a little bigger) Also, how long are your rests between sets?

I don’t know how long you have been giving your current program a go. But if it’s been months…. Might be time to go back to the drawing board. (Starting with nutrition)

Edit: read more about that program, looks good but not sure that’s what you need to be doing to basically be in a cut phase.. do you feel stronger at least?
That's basically the point that I've been overlooking the most. Nutrition.
Never counted calories or macros. I already count to much stuff during the day my sanity can't hold that much longer.
About feeling stronger, some days I do but most of the time I'm afraid I won't be able to lift the weight.

1 gaining muscle and strength. Being able to lift heavy while gaining a little of size to match. Bodybuilder size although appealing, economically unsustainable.

2 recreational. Not so active until my 20s when I started with parkour. That later evolved into street workout and coach Sommer s gymnastics bodies. Past few years just been training at home since my best friend moved to San Francisco and I lost my training partner. Started doing resistance band work then found about TB here on GAF.

3 I have the 2 books. Passed my eyes on the first saw these interesting concepts and changed my training without reading it till the end.

4 during morning I do TB. And at lunch time what I do is more similar to hypertrophy. 5 sets of 12 adding one rep each week until adding 1-2 kg and starting over. I used to practice taekwondo 4 times a week after work (19-21h) but since my second daughter was born I only go 2xweek to teach kids classes.
Okay. My first suggestion is to read both TB1 and TB2 completely. The two books are meant to be used together, and honestly they should be edited into one edition imo. Operator is a good strength template but it's intended to build strength while minimizing hypertrophy; it's also meant to be run alongside a high intensity conditioning program (which is what's in TB2), so it's really designed for easy recovery. A lot of the people who run TB are military or law enforcement, and they want to maximize their strength to bodyweight ratio because they have to pass these very demanding fitness tests for work (run times, bodyweight pullups, etc.) where you want to weigh as little as possible and still be effective. If you aren't doing conditioning work then Operator isn't the best choice.

The Mass Protocol book has templates that are meant to build strength and muscle mass together, and that might be more what you're looking for. It's also on Kindle. It has templates where you lift 4 days a week and you wouldn't be doing any real conditioning on the days off. There's also a 3 day a week and a 2 day a week lifting templates, which are more minimalist and which you can run alongside the conditioning programs from TB2.

But my first suggestion is really to read the books completely and then pick what best fits your goals and run it, as written. Don't outthink yourself!

Edit: the Mass Protocol book also has detailed nutrition info, with formulas for how many calories, grams of protein, etc. you should be getting each day, based on your bodyweight.

Last edited:
What’s the TB1 and TB2?
The program is called Tactical Barbell; it's an integrated strength and conditioning program designed primarily for military and law enforcement, who need strength, long term endurance, and "fitness" let's call it (can you sprint 200 yards and wrestle with a suspect at the end, for example).

TB1 is the first book, focused on building strength with a minimum of muscle mass. It has templates and guidelines for different weightlifting programs (basically, if you lift 4, 3, or 2 times a week).

TB2 is the second book, focused on conditioning. The conditioning program starts with an 8 week block of what's called Base Building. From there, you head into a program focused either on running (called Green) or high intensity conditioning sessions (called Black).

There is a also the Mass Protocol book, which obviously is strength training focused on building strength and muscle mass. Minimal conditioning work here.

And just a few months ago they released a new book called Green Protocol. This is an advanced running program intended to get you ready for a marathon (or ultra) or for "selection" (the tryouts for military SF programs).

All of these are available on Kindle. I've been doing TB for 4 years now and I'm a big advocate.

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

Okay. My first suggestion is to read both TB1 and TB2 completely. The two books are meant to be used together, and honestly they should be edited into one edition imo. Operator is a good strength template but it's intended to build strength while minimizing hypertrophy; it's also meant to be run alongside a high intensity conditioning program (which is what's in TB2), so it's really designed for easy recovery. A lot of the people who run TB are military or law enforcement, and they want to maximize their strength to bodyweight ratio because they have to pass these very demanding fitness tests for work (run times, bodyweight pullups, etc.) where you want to weigh as little as possible and still be effective. If you aren't doing conditioning work then Operator isn't the best choice.

The Mass Protocol book has templates that are meant to build strength and muscle mass together, and that might be more what you're looking for. It's also on Kindle. It has templates where you lift 4 days a week and you wouldn't be doing any real conditioning on the days off. There's also a 3 day a week and a 2 day a week lifting templates, which are more minimalist and which you can run alongside the conditioning programs from TB2.

But my first suggestion is really to read the books completely and then pick what best fits your goals and run it, as written. Don't outthink yourself!

Edit: the Mass Protocol book also has detailed nutrition info, with formulas for how many calories, grams of protein, etc. you should be getting each day, based on your bodyweight.
Thanks for the advice.
I'll read both books and then take a peek at mass protocol.
The more I'm talking with you guys the more I'm realizing I'm maybe searching for something impossible.
I want strength, I want muscle, I want 10% body fat, I want 0 cash on supplements, I want no drugs. So basically Goku
xrkhsGO.jpg

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
My training is totally out of control. Lately started doing 2 workouts a day on Saturday and and Sunday. I will hit the gym at around 8am in the morning and then again at 5 pm in the afternoon. Both very short workouts, 50-60 minutes max. Always full body training. 1 exercise per muscle group.

Guess I'm prolly extremely overtrained by now but yeah, whatever. It's fun as hell and boy do I always tend to feel amazing on Mondays. Even thinking about doing more 2 times per day sessions per week. xD

Raven117

Gold Member
Thanks for the advice.
I'll read both books and then take a peek at mass protocol.
The more I'm talking with you guys the more I'm realizing I'm maybe searching for something impossible.
I want strength, I want muscle, I want 10% body fat, I want 0 cash on supplements, I want no drugs. So basically Goku
xrkhsGO.jpg
You can get there! You just need to be patient and pick a direction. Want size first or low body fat?

Folks have been trying to crack the code on how to build size and lose fat at the same time forever. Studies have shown that it’s indeed possible but your nutrition and workout has to be damn near perfect.

I don’t know what your size is now, but maybe try a “cut” for like three months and see where you are.

It is possible to carry muscle, have low bodyfat, and be physically capable (be able to sprint without getting out of breath, etc.). And yes, I think you can have all that without using steroids. But it's going to help a lot if you're a young man, and it's also going to cost a lot of money on food and supplements. I am in my mid-40s, and the body doesn't respond like it does when you're in your 20s. It just doesn't. Also keep in mind that you need to eat a lot of protein and calories to gain muscle (a whole lot!), and it's expensive. IIRC, the Mass Protocol book recommends 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, every day.

My avatar is Winter Solider from the MCU, and if you want to look like Bucky from Winter Soldier or Civil War, I'd recommend running Grey Man from Mass Protocol and Black conditioning from TB2. I've done it, and it's tough but doable.

Raven117

Gold Member
It is possible to carry muscle, have low bodyfat, and be physically capable (be able to sprint without getting out of breath, etc.). And yes, I think you can have all that without using steroids. But it's going to help a lot if you're a young man, and it's also going to cost a lot of money on food and supplements. I am in my mid-40s, and the body doesn't respond like it does when you're in your 20s. It just doesn't. Also keep in mind that you need to eat a lot of protein and calories to gain muscle (a whole lot!), and it's expensive. IIRC, the Mass Protocol book recommends 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, every day.

My avatar is Winter Solider from the MCU, and if you want to look like Bucky from Winter Soldier or Civil War, I'd recommend running Grey Man from Mass Protocol and Black conditioning from TB2. I've done it, and it's tough but doable.
Carry muscle with low body fat is different than gaining muscle while also losing body fat. As stated, its VERY hard to do both at the same time. You can gain a little muscle and lose fat. You can lose a little fat and gain muscle, but it wont be full on in either direction.

There is the old adage: "you can be big, shredded, or natural" and you can pick two without enhancement.

Either way, it takes a TON of protein to keep the nutrients directing towards muscle growth/maintance rather than fat. Just doing the strong lifts he was doing, likely, this was making him stronger, but not directing enough nutrients to those muscles and was storing the excess as fat.

In my view (as I think it is yours as well). He needs to change his lifting patters to hypertrophy focus and Cardio/HIIT instead of raw strength. At least for a bit. Seeing the body fat come off will probably help inspire him to keep going and not be frustrated with the process.

Carry muscle with low body fat is different than gaining muscle while also losing body fat. As stated, its VERY hard to do both at the same time. You can gain a little muscle and lose fat. You can lose a little fat and gain muscle, but it wont be full on in either direction.

There is the old adage: "you can be big, shredded, or natural" and you can pick two without enhancement.

Either way, it takes a TON of protein to keep the nutrients directing towards muscle growth/maintance rather than fat. Just doing the strong lifts he was doing, likely, this was making him stronger, but not directing enough nutrients to those muscles and was storing the excess as fat.

In my view (as I think it is yours as well). He needs to change his lifting patters to hypertrophy focus and Cardio/HIIT instead of raw strength. At least for a bit. Seeing the body fat come off will probably help inspire him to keep going and not be frustrated with the process.
Yes, I definitely think he needs to prioritize and work on one or two things at a time.

I should add that "look like Bucky without using steroids" is a multi year project even with total dedication. It will also require good genetics.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Yes, I definitely think he needs to prioritize and work on one or two things at a time.

I should add that "look like Bucky without using steroids" is a multi year project even with total dedication. It will also require good genetics.
Yup.

And yeah. It’s definitely a multi-year project unless one has crazy genetics. (Which it doesn’t sound like he does)

k1m1d4n

Yup.

And yeah. It’s definitely a multi-year project unless one has crazy genetics. (Which it doesn’t sound like he does)
Definitely not lucky with genetic lottery.
I'll calculate my caloric needs from the formulas provided on the book then I'll calculate macros for the day. I'll then get a picture of the food I need to eat and see if it's manageable for me. For now I'll stick to what I'm doing at the moment weight wise as I'm on my last week of TB (doing the 95% of 1rep max) and it would be a shame to stop so close to the end.

Raven117

Gold Member
I'll calculate my caloric needs from the formulas provided on the book then I'll calculate macros for the day. I'll then get a picture of the food I need to eat and see if it's manageable for me. For now I'll stick to what I'm doing at the moment weight wise as I'm on my last week of TB (doing the 95% of 1rep max) and it would be a shame to stop so close to the end.
Definitely finish up! And congratulations on working so hard.

This stuff is a process as irritating as they may be. I wish it were as simple as do x this amount of time and eat that = the result you want, but it’s rarely that simple.

Also, with nutrition you may be able to get away with a little lower than you think. There are ranges you can hit but about 1 to 1.2 grams of lean body weight isn’t a bad place to start. Lots of things for you to consider going forward

Last edited:
If you're on week 6 of Operator, by all means go ahead and finish up. And maybe take a week off as a deload while you're reading the books and get ready for a Base Build (if you're going to keep doing TB and haven't done a BB yet, it is very, very rewarding but it can be intense if you've never done a lot of running before).

k1m1d4n

If you're on week 6 of Operator, by all means go ahead and finish up. And maybe take a week off as a deload while you're reading the books and get ready for a Base Build (if you're going to keep doing TB and haven't done a BB yet, it is very, very rewarding but it can be intense if you've never done a lot of running before)

The cardio part is not the problem. But I'm trying to do stuff that I can do without leaving home. I train while my 2 girls are asleep in the morning and if there's any emergency I'm able to help my wife and stop training.
From what I've seen so far my training is a mix of grey man and operator with some hipertrophy exercises mixed in. So .. .. it's a mess.
As soon as I finish this part I'll definitely decomplicate things.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Just done
25 Hindu Squats (Body weight)
25 Kettle bell swings with 10kg
10 (I go into plank position) then lift one arm rotate myself sideways and lift the arm. Then bring it down and do the other arm.
Also after I finish would do a side to side shuffle and dip down and up to keep moving for 30 times/secs
I tried not to rest so must but after the third round the rests got longer.

I did those all for four rounds and now I’m sweating my face off.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Alright, so I think I'm having to address an issue.

Been eating at a caloric deficit (for the most part) for about two years. Yes, I track my macros so its not a matter of "you are eating more than you think." I have dropped 50 lbs (for reference, I'm 6'5" and now about 164 lbs....yes, I'm thin, but Im still athletic looking) and, in my view, I have not lost too much muscle (I have actually gained a little strength so I know I haven't lost too terribly much....though of course I have lost some). In any event, I am now at a plateau. It would seem that I have adapted my metabolism to deal with lower calories and I can't drop those last few pounds to show a six pack (when I'm not flexing...I can see it when I am flexing).

Yall have much experience with this? Im thinking I need to go through a "bulk" phase (or at least increase my calories while I'm lifting heavy) to see if I can get things back going in the right direction, if not gain some muscle to then head back the other way.

Thoughts?

MikeM

yaGy3M8.jpg

Gains coming in strong! Another 10 lbs to go before I cut a bit.

Alright, so I think I'm having to address an issue.

Been eating at a caloric deficit (for the most part) for about two years. Yes, I track my macros so its not a matter of "you are eating more than you think." I have dropped 50 lbs (for reference, I'm 6'5" and now about 164 lbs....yes, I'm thin, but Im still athletic looking) and, in my view, I have not lost too much muscle (I have actually gained a little strength so I know I haven't lost too terribly much....though of course I have lost some). In any event, I am now at a plateau. It would seem that I have adapted my metabolism to deal with lower calories and I can't drop those last few pounds to show a six pack (when I'm not flexing...I can see it when I am flexing).

Yall have much experience with this? Im thinking I need to go through a "bulk" phase (or at least increase my calories while I'm lifting heavy) to see if I can get things back going in the right direction, if not gain some muscle to then head back the other way.

Thoughts?
Dude that seems borderline unhealthy with your height. Bulk season is here.

Raven117

Gold Member
yaGy3M8.jpg

Gains coming in strong! Another 10 lbs to go before I cut a bit.

Dude that seems borderline unhealthy with your height. Bulk season is here.
It’s not unhealthy looking…. But I am thin for sure. But anyway, going to take you up on that advice and force myself into a bulk.

I just naturally gravitate towards endurance cardio. It’s “killing my gains.” So yeah…. I’ll lift heavy, try and eat more, and cut out my long runs and see where that puts me.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Finally got out to go snowshoeing. I enjoyed it (so did the dog). It's like hiking but harder. It was about 25F/-3C out, which was a great balance for the hour I spent. I'm going to make this my go-to exercise in the winter.
A00MHrPl.jpg

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ahh yes the almost neon blue legging and top wearing girl that's so tired of assholes staring at here she cant give a polite nod.

Shit's going wel btw. Watching Starting Strength and go from there.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Finally got out to go snowshoeing. I enjoyed it (so did the dog). It's like hiking but harder. It was about 25F/-3C out, which was a great balance for the hour I spent. I'm going to make this my go-to exercise in the winter.
A00MHrPl.jpg

I'm soooo jealous!!! But after 10 minutes I'd be like bro this shit is exhausting haha! Either way nice and keep on keeping on!!!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm soooo jealous!!! But after 10 minutes I'd be like bro this shit is exhausting haha! Either way nice and keep on keeping on!!!
It really was much more intense than I expected but I genuinely enjoyed my time outdoors. I am hoping to go again this weekend as we got a fresh foot+ of snow this week.

Ahh yes the almost neon blue legging and top wearing girl that's so tired of assholes staring at here she cant give a polite nod.

Shit's going wel btw. Watching Starting Strength and go from there.
There was a girl at my old gym that would do straddle deadlifts, bringing the bar directly and intentionally to her vag. She would loudly moan every time the bar apexed. Her shorts were basically underwear, adding to the whole effect.

My buddy and I always got a kick out of it. I still imitate the motions and moans from time to time to make him laugh.

In case you guys were looking for new motivational workout music, I got you Ithe whole album is awesome):

I'm not much of a metalhead but this actually sounds decent. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the share brother.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I've been trying water fasting to lose weight lately and it works. It is actually the first time that I am successfully losing bodyweight.

So you're dehydrating yourself and therefore losing weight. Not that healthy or even something to be used in the long run. Focus on diet. Less fats and sugar. And please drink lost of water. 3 liter a day.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've been trying water fasting to lose weight lately and it works. It is actually the first time that I am successfully losing bodyweight.
You should drink water always, if that is what you're fasting from. If you're only ingesting water during the fast, then fast on.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
About the 5 × 5 method. When the next weight causes lack of form do go back to the former weight and add some more reps?

Top Bottom