• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Wave of Xbox Game Pass Games for December Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

XGP_Coming-Soon_12.1.21.jpg

Coming Soon

ANVIL (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass:
Ancient Vault Investigation Lab (ANVIL) is an agency that searches for the remnants of alien civilizations scattered throughout the universe. As a Breaker, you’ll seek out and explore the unknown galaxy searching for these ancient alien vaults. Each galaxy consists of random planets and unique boss monsters. Defeating them and opening these vaults, you’ll be able to utilize the stunning powers hidden within.

Archvale (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Dive into a bullet hell with RPG elements where you’ll master weapons and skills needed to overcome the diverse enemies that await you throughout an ever-changing world. Only by conquering these evil forces will you uncover the truth about the long fabled Archvale.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Console and PC) – December 2
Enjoy the epic and sweeping story in this follow-up to Final Fantasy XIII. Meet new characters and test yourself with a new, enhanced battle system. It’s no longer about facing destiny; it’s time to create a new future and change the world!

Lawn Mowing Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Take a break from the real world and enjoy the challenge and serenity of mowing the Great British countryside in Lawn Mowing Simulator.

Rubber Bandits (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
A wild multiplayer party, Rubber Bandits is a beat ‘em up brawler where you steal, smash, and scavenge as much cash as you can! Prepare for hilarious physics-based combat with wacky weapons and a huge lineup of criminal characters. Dodge deadly traps, bash rival bandits, and race from the cops to commit the perfect heist!

Stardew Valley (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitive battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.

Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 7
Buy, sell, and trade organs in a strange universe full of clients. Keep vampire-leech organs from devouring the goods inside your cargo hold, teach Fleshty the Snowman to love, and more. The quivering innards of alien capitalism await in the sci-fi body horror market tycoon game you didn’t know you needed.

Halo Infinite (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 8
When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Begin anew and step inside the armor of humanity’s greatest hero to experience an epic adventure and finally explore the scale of the Halo ring itself. Jump into the free-to-play Halo Infinite multiplayer beta today and enjoy all Season 1: Heroes of Reach has to offer – plus all your progress will carry over into the full Halo Infinite launch on December 8.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 9
Ahoy, pirates! Fight hordes of enemies, adventure with trusted allies, and experience awesome One Piece action lifted straight from the anime in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4! Place yourself in the thick of the One Piece world with as buildings come crashing down around you and attacks throw up smoke and dust with each action on the battlefield.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 14
Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the evolving Xenomorph threat.

Among Us (Console) ID@Xbox – December 14
Play with 4-15 players online or via local Wi-Fi as you attempt to prepare your spaceship for departure. But beware, as one or more random players among the crew are Impostors bent on killing everyone! Stay tuned for the upcoming addition to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)!

In Case You Missed It

Before We Leave (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available now
Rediscover civilization in this cozy city builder. Grow crops, gather resources, research lost technologies and expand your settlements. Take your Peeps from survival to success, then set your sights on the stars above. Just watch out for the ancient guardians that roam the galaxy!

Generation Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available now
Sweden. 1989. When the residents of Östertörn wake to find machines on the rampage, winning becomes living. Alone or with up to three friends, sneak, scavenge and shoot your way to safety across a vast, varied landscape that is as intriguing as it is deadly.

Mind Scanners (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available now
Mind Scanners is a retro-futuristic psychiatry simulation in which you diagnose the citizens of a dystopian metropolis. Locate a host of other-worldly characters and use arcade-style treatment devices to help them. Manage your time and resources to keep The Structure in balance. Remember, you take full responsibility for your patients.

theHunter: Call of the Wild (PC) ID@Xbox – Available now
Experience the thrill of the hunt and step into an atmospheric open world that teems with life: from the majestic true-to-life animals to the rustling of leaves above as you stalk your prey. Hunt in reserves that are meticulously crafted to be as convincing as possible and encounter a range of unique wildlife. You can immerse yourself in the atmospheric single player campaign or share the ultimate hunting experience with friends in multiplayer.

Banjo64

cumsessed
XGP_Coming-Soon_12.1.21.jpg

ANVIL (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass: Ancient Vault Investigation Lab (ANVIL) is an agency that searches for the remnants of alien civilizations scattered throughout the universe. As a Breaker, you’ll seek out and explore the unknown galaxy searching for these ancient alien vaults. Each galaxy consists of random planets and unique boss monsters. Defeating them and opening these vaults, you’ll be able to utilize the stunning powers hidden within.

Archvale (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass: Dive into a bullet hell with RPG elements where you’ll master weapons and skills needed to overcome the diverse enemies that await you throughout an ever-changing world. Only by conquering these evil forces will you uncover the truth about the long fabled Archvale.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Console and PC) – December 2
Enjoy the epic and sweeping story in this follow-up to Final Fantasy XIII. Meet new characters and test yourself with a new, enhanced battle system. It’s no longer about facing destiny; it’s time to create a new future and change the world!

Lawn Mowing Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Take a break from the real world and enjoy the challenge and serenity of mowing the Great British countryside in Lawn Mowing Simulator.

Rubber Bandits (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass: A wild multiplayer party, Rubber Bandits is a beat ‘em up brawler where you steal, smash, and scavenge as much cash as you can! Prepare for hilarious physics-based combat with wacky weapons and a huge lineup of criminal characters. Dodge deadly traps, bash rival bandits, and race from the cops to commit the perfect heist!

Stardew Valley (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 2
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitive battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.

Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 7
Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass: Buy, sell, and trade organs in a strange universe full of clients. Keep vampire-leech organs from devouring the goods inside your cargo hold, teach Fleshty the Snowman to love, and more. The quivering innards of alien capitalism await in the sci-fi body horror market tycoon game you didn’t know you needed.

Halo Infinite (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 8
Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass: When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Begin anew and step inside the armor of humanity’s greatest hero to experience an epic adventure and finally explore the scale of the Halo ring itself. Jump into the free-to-play Halo Infinite multiplayer beta today and enjoy all Season 1: Heroes of Reach has to offer – plus all your progress will carry over into the full Halo Infinite launch on December 8.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 9
Ahoy, pirates! Fight hordes of enemies, adventure with trusted allies, and experience awesome One Piece action lifted straight from the anime in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4! Place yourself in the thick of the One Piece world with as buildings come crashing down around you and attacks throw up smoke and dust with each action on the battlefield.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – December 14
Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the evolving Xenomorph threat.

Among Us (Console) ID@Xbox – December 14
Play with 4-15 players online or via local Wi-Fi as you attempt to prepare your spaceship for departure. But beware, as one or more random players among the crew are Impostors bent on killing everyone! Stay tuned for the upcoming addition to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)!

Kuranghi

Some good stuff in there. And the Gunk is coming!

I too am looking forward to dipping my junk in The Gunk. I'd like to see a proper gameplay walkthrough of it though, I still don't really understand what it is fully, is it fully linear or will have more open sections for example.

edit

Just rewatching the trailer from a few months back and my only issue is she often walking like she's shat herself lmao:

Its not a deal breaker but might lessen the impact of some moments if she looks like shes pat her shants.

Last edited:
Not the insanity we saw in August / September, but still plenty to play. I need some breathing room to beat some of these games.

Halo and Gunk alone is pretty solid. Then we got Aliens, a top down shooter, XIII-2 with FPS boost, a couple indie strategy RPGs, a sci-fi game, and even a One Piece beat-em-up. Not bad at all for the first half of a slower month. And yes, I will try Lawn Mowing Simulator too lol. Just installed the 58 GB Generation Zero and haven't even turned it on yet.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

XIII-2 with FPS boost, Halo Infinite is already great.

How is the One Piece Musou? I’ve played two excellent games in that genre this year (Persona 5 Strikers and Age of Calamity), how would it compare?

XIII-2 with FPS boost, Halo Infinite is already great.

How is the One Piece Musou? I’ve played two excellent games in that genre this year (Persona 5 Strikers and Age of Calamity), how would it compare?
They're all pretty dang similar. Most are decently well made with lots of fan service for fans of the material.

Screw this unexpected drop of Alien Fireteam Elite.

Will ruin my schedule. Might have to put Halo on backburner which would suck. Coop games take a priority cause I need to synchronise with my buddies.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Not gonna lie, more excited to play lawn mowing simulator than halo single player haha. Would never buy it but will definitely play it thanks to game pass. What an absolutely massive month.

Jennings

I was hoping The Turd would make the list, I've long been a fan of the Steamworld games and am hoping they knock it out of the park with their venture into 3D. I'll probably just buy the game since it isn't on Gamepass.

I haven't decided if I'll play the Halo campaign, I'll want to see how it reviews first. The multi-player has been great fun and I'd recommend it, but the single-player (non-co-op solo) Halo experience has always been notoriously banal, especially on the heels of DOOM 2016 & Eternal and Titanfall 2. I'm hoping the move to an open world setting fixes a lot of this.

And I've been hearing good things about Anvil. I sure hope that reviews well, I would love a high quality game to play in that particular niche. I'll install it ASAP.

I was hoping The Turd would make the list, I've long been a fan of the Steamworld games and am hoping they knock it out of the park with their venture into 3D. I'll probably just buy the game since it isn't on Gamepass.
I think it comes out Dec. 16th, so it's in wave 2.

Top Bottom