• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for new Charlie Kaufman film: I’m Thinking of Ending Things

Scotty W

It looks similar to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in that everyone is badly dressed, ugly and depressed, and it ses to be some sort of a love story as well.

There seem to be a few Motifs from earlier works as well, the meeting the parents scenario is familiar from Human Nature and the claustrophobic paranoia horror is very Synecdoche, not to mention Anomalisa.

I will be seeing it. I am a big fan of Kaufman, but I can’t wait to see what he does when he finishes climbing up his asshole.

This is an Adaptation of a novel, btw.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The most important thing:

Release date
  • September 4, 2020

Scotty W

So the movie is coming out in a few days. But in the meantime, Charlie just published his first novel, Antkind, which people are saying Is 700 pages of half unloveable, half impenetrable Kaufman.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I read "I'm thinking of ending things" and it was... well, it wasn't good.

It was incredibly boring until the ending when things finally become clear. Speaking of the ending, I think the author was going for something shocking or "gotcha" but ended up with "well, that's dumb."

The novel itself was short so at least I didn't feel like a lot of my time was wasted with it.

I read a lot of horror and I see this book suggested a lot, especially on /r/horrorlit but for the life of me I can't understand why.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Anomalisa is honestly one of my favourite films of all time (which I really wasn't expecting it to be) - Kaufman is a genius, so I will be watching this.

Top Bottom