• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot of Blue Dragon for 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
230202.jpg

- Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame is in charge of the game
- Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball) is doing the character art
- Nobuo Uematsu doing the music
- Microsoft is publishing

Joe

is this another case of gaf member steals post from another forum that stole it from gaf in the first place?

xexex

Banned
that looks like PS2 graphics. but its just a blurry picture which doesnt mean much.

Now if what we saw at the Tokyo Xbox 360 event in July was any indication of the animation & graphics, we're in for a treat.

PG2G

xexex said:
that looks like PS2 graphics. but its just a blurry picture which doesnt mean much.

The backgrouns maybe, but the characters look pretty damn impressive. Almost looks like some action figures in a diorama :p

Andy787

Banned
That looks terrible.

I'm a lot more interested in Lost Osyssey. Which is the one being done by Artoon? I'm hoping this.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the picture is a blurry mess how come people said it's horrible? GAF surprised me.

holy shit Nubuo doing the music, Sakaguchi in charge and Akira Toriyama doing the artwork sold.

puebla

xexex said:
Now if what we saw at the Tokyo Xbox 360 event in July was any indication of the animation & graphics, we're in for a treat.
do u or anybody else have that video??

Andy787 said:
That looks terrible.

I'm a lot more interested in Lost Osyssey. Which is the one being done by Artoon? I'm hoping this.

Yah this is the one being made by Artoon, the director also co directed Blinx 2.

puebla

PhlegmMaster said:
They expect a game with that kind of art to sell on the 360?!

Well, I guess it might, in Japan...
i like japanese rpgs like FF & Wild Arms.

i never owned an XBox (only a ps2 & gamecube) but i plan on buying a 360.

i believe the 360 is gonna get a much bigger fanbase than the original xbox, so i would hope that they put out more japanese games.

if the 360 only put out a bunch of FPS & western games, it would eventually lose interest from people like me. they're doing the right thing by releasing games like this trying to expand their base.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
malek4980 said:
Was the cat designed by Rare?
No it was modeled by the creators of Blinx.
Andy787 said:
That looks terrible.

Yes it is being done by Artoon.

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
puebla said:
i believe the 360 is gonna get a much bigger fanbase than the original xbox, so i would hope that they put out more japanese games.

if the 360 only put out a bunch of FPS & western games, it would eventually lose interest from people like me. they're doing the right thing by releasing games like this trying to expand their base.
So you think they're going to have a bigger fanbase, but they should put out more Japanese-style games or else they won't get a bigger fanbase?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Its all about the animation. And frankly, that has been the weakest aspect of the 360 games ive played. Makes them look so primitive.

puebla

muphins said:
So you think they're going to have a bigger fanbase, but they should put out more Japanese-style games or else they won't get a bigger fanbase?
i believe they will grow because Xbox is a known brand now.

but if they were to put out more japanese games, then they would grow alot more.

so basically what i'm saying is without japanese devs, they're still gonna grow but if they put out more japanese rpgs they would grow that fanbase by alot more. if they don't then, a person like me might lose interest & buy a PS3 to play rpgs.

get it now??

Don't like the character design (or lack there of). I think I'll be passing on this unless some super spectacular media convinces me otherwise (probably not).

Ceb

You're supposed to be able to interact with most objects in the game. I think once we get to see big town shots and the stuff you can do in them, people will start getting impressed. Unless you aren't interested in another "kiddy" RPG.

Blim's site, www.xboxyde.com, has a better quality scan of the pic. I like the look, even if it looks like all of the other Toriyama stuff, character-wise. It looks like the game will come through with some nice lighting. I want to see this in motion after reading those press impressions of the demonstration Sakaguchi gave them some time back.

748_0001.jpg

Zweisy1

Doesnt look THAT bad.

Just not a fan of Toriyama artwork. I do like his monster designs for Dragon Quest series though.

who's making Lost Odyssey? Mistwalker?

Feel Plus is making it... Mistwalker provides the story, art and music + oversees the development just like with Blue Dragon.

AssMan

Banned
You xbots are so damn lucky. Both this and L.O. looks phenomenal, but I'm only going to be a two console owner next gen-PS3 and REV. :(

After getting used to seeing Dragon Quest VIII, it's weird to see another game with Toriyama design go for a more traditional 3D look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom