• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First-person survival platformer Escape from Naraka announced for PC

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Publisher Headup and developer Xelo Games have announced first-person survival platformer Escape from Naraka for PC (Steam). It will launch in Q3 2021. A demo will be available on June 16.

Here is an overview of the game, via Headup:

Escape from Naraka puts you in a nightmarish, labyrinthine temple dominated by an evil demon called Rangda the Leyak Queen. Using 3D scan technology for world-building; most of the detailed environment assets in the game exist in real life.
To save your beloved one, you’re going to platform your way through diversely themed platforming sections, each one challenging you with new deadly trials as well as traps and terrifying enemies. Developing the arts of dodging and perfect placed jumping is just one part of your successful escape. You also need to collect essential abilities and find the fastest way through the courses.
Compete with other players in the global Steam leaderboards—every level and every whole run will be recorded, so you can compare your records with those from other players around the world.
Escape from Naraka is developed by the Indonesian developer team Xelo Games, with a soundtrack created by Yohan Jager, known for his great work for Pumpkin Jack.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Good looking game. Hopefully they add more hand and arm animations(like what Mirror's Edge did).

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Enlighten me, senpai.
Homing Dash(targets opponent, more likely to hit)
Sonic_Neutral_B_SSBU.gif

Sonic_Down_B_SSBU.gif

Regular Dash(doesn't target anyone, can lead to player death)
300px-Sonic_Side_B_SSBU.gif

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Im my case I'm mainly considering platformers because I feel like it takes away the skill required for jumping and timing a little and compensates with dash.
Guess that's why Mario feels more natural to play.
I see what you mean. For platforming, when it comes to air-dashing I agree, because it doesn't quite feel the same when you just barely make a jump and the air dash compensates for the distance and mistake.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for a look at the RTX features, including ray-traced reflections and more, for Escape from Naraka, the upcoming first-person survival platformer game with Balinese themes, inspired by local mythologies and legends.

Escape from Naraka launches on July 29, 2021.

Top Bottom