• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at PS5 UI

Rolla

Banned
11.2 Million views for a UI...

In a week?!

200.gif

I don't remember PS4's first sales milestone but I'm willing to bet they beat that in record time. The metrics of everything they put out are in "completely insane" territory.

FrankWza

11.2 Million views for a UI...

In a week?!

200.gif

I don't remember PS4's first sales milestone but I'm willing to bet they beat that in record time. The metrics of everything they put out are in "completely insane" territory.

incredible really. The “no info” crap is so bogus. They knowexactly when to give us the info and break it up to keep momentum going. The last few weeks it’s been good news after good news. Impressive

martino

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Rolla

Banned
incredible really. The “no info” crap is so bogus. They knowexactly when to give us the info and break it up to keep momentum going. The last few weeks it’s been good news after good news. Impressive

From the first PS5 logo Sony released on Instagram. The metrics have been insane. I remember that log hit 5/6 million in like a day. Dominated twitter "worldwide" for a few days despite 2020 being 2020. We are the core but the conversation the wider market is clearly very different to ours

The thirst is real. Goes to show it may not be the smartest thing to just blow your whole load 2 months before your new console releases.

They've positioned their console perfectly in terms of marketing. People on forums will complain about various aspects of it but they're not even the vocal minority, despite how loud they can be.

However, if you put all of that aside, I still believe that PS5's hype, mindshare, good will, and momentum was created during the PS4 generation. Game wise, it's been the best and most diverse gen, ever.

mckmas8808

Banned
They've positioned their console perfectly in terms of marketing. People on forums will complain about various aspects of it but they're not even the vocal minority, despite how loud they can be.

Most of the video game media are just mad that Sony hasn't given them the same level access and content that MS has. They are upset that they don't have "as much" stuff to talk about on a daily or weekly basis. Sony is being TOO controlling with information for them to run a good podcast.

I just wish they'd acknowledge this fact, instead of acting as if Sony doesn't know what they are doing.

Rolla

Banned
Most of the video game media are just mad that Sony hasn't given them the same level access and content that MS has. They are upset that they don't have "as much" stuff to talk about on a daily or weekly basis. Sony is being TOO controlling with information for them to run a good podcast.

I just wish they'd acknowledge this fact, instead of acting as if Sony doesn't know what they are doing.

For content creators PS5 exclusives is like winning the lottery. Which is why DF made those comments about the tear down. 8.9 Million views in just over two weeks... Shesh!

But SOny has built their own media apparatus and operations and doesn't need to send their hardware to "influencers" we know for certain don't game beyond content creation.

Georome

It looks ok. I really like the PS4's current interface, and this looks similar.

Let me ask this: Once I'm in game, the PS button brings up the control center right? How do I get back to the home menu then?

CrysisFreak

Banned
It looks ok. I really like the PS4's current interface, and this looks similar.

Let me ask this: Once I'm in game, the PS button brings up the control center right? How do I get back to the home menu then?
PS Button -> X or hold PS Button
at least that's what I expect lmao

Top Bottom