• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at PS5 UI

cormack12

Gold Member
QI4Z.gif

LordOfChaos

Did they get rid of the web view PS4 had? Obviously much faster by virtue of the hardware upgrade but I wonder if they also went all the way native that way

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Looks fine, hope you can customise it to clean it up though. I really like the personalised estimated time remaining for tasks thing, if it actually works well. The hint system is nice, but not the fact that it's on a god damn paywall, just horrible considering the same information will be freely available on your phone.

Watching your friend's game live picture-in-picture is really neat, not for me, but I can see people loving that. The store being integrated into the main menu is... interesting.

More happy that people can, maybe, finally shut the fuck up with the concern troll of "why haven't we seen the menus yet?!" on a system they were already going to buy or skip regardless.

Danny 117

Looks nice and clean, maybe some of those control centre tabs like "Official news" are pointless for me but I assume there is a level of customisation there. Can't wait to get my hands on it along with DeS.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Gonna do random impressions as I go.

... I was expecting to flip from game into dashbaord, and dashbaord would be reactive with in-progress-game-focused tasks/showing progression data. Sort of like early-ish XB1 dashboard tiles showing your achievement bollocks...

i certainly wasn't expecing it to take the form of 'cards' which float over the game itself. I really don't think I will like this, maybe if I can kill off individual cards based on what I do/don't want to see, but overall that's a bad first impression. It leaves an immediate question too, with this appearing to be the press PS button action, rather than the hold-press Quick Action Menu's sidebar like on PS4.... How the heck does one jump out of a game back to the main PS5 dashboard?

Last edited:
Glad that it's clean, glad they didn't get rid of the cross bar and go for a tiles all over the place approach instead. Hopefully the cards can be edited/rearranged.

Last edited:

Myths

The music is what it should be, serene and calm.

Edit:
I was spot on in my video two days ago:
Not to mention the original UI leak.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Looks fine! But all those "activities" things... Couldn't those be inside the game and not on the console ui? Could be kind of immersion breaking.

Aside from that the ui looks nice and clean. :)
The point of making it system level is to get developers to actually use the features and to make it consistent across games. The games themselves are going to have their own UI's for selecting missions and whatnot still.

We'll see how much devs actually use the features; to get the basic stuff to show up is likely easy, just a standard way to "mark up" a mission and it's activities should be enough. But stuff like "help" is gonna be probably fairly spotty.

Cool stuff either way.

Wish they'd showed cold boot time though lol

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Picture and picture mode seems revolutionary. I love how PS STORE is now integrated into the main dash OS instead of launching as a separate app.

Everything I've seen seems unified. No more loading a separate section for apps, my library, or the store.

Fucking can't wait. Just hope they change the prices of some of the games. Destruction all starts should be like $30 tops or free on PS+.

Top Bottom