• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Kill (Netflix) aka WTF did I just watch?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
So here’s the deal - I am sitting in the evening, family is sleeping, got nice glass of wine and suddenly a thought came to me: ‘Hmmm, it’s been a long time I saw something on Netflix’.

So that brings me to First Kill, an adaptation of a YA book that is not only stupid as fuck but highly shocking.

So now I have so many questions related to mostly two things:

1. Sex - so the story revolves around a teen vampire in a lesbian relationship with a teen vampire hunter. So already in first episode they get all sweaty in the pantry, ok, I can kinda understand that.

Episode 3 comes and after doing something bad they take a walk and start making out against the tree. Ok, still fine, but then - BAM - the camera pans to a shot of them having hands in each other panties. Now, maybe that’s just my fatherly instinct - aren’t these girls like 15-16 tops? When did we go from innocent high school kissing to fingering each other?

2. 2022 and stéréotypes galore:

I kid you not this is a Netflix production that came out recently:

A white family with an ancient lineage and sophisticated manners living a quasi Victorian house - the vamps

A black family in a modern house constantly emphasising their physical prowess and aggressiveness - the hunters

You know me - I enjoy my white cis upper middle class privilege as much as any other bloke, but even this didn’t kill the nagging feeling that someone is really pushing it in 2022

So yeah, series is thrash and the only redeeming quality would have been hit make out session between the two girls, but they they are 15-16, so that would just add to confusion.

Jennings

It's rated 5.6/10 on IMDB, so it doesn't sound like something you'll want to finish anyway. Just write it off as a bad show and find something better.

Try the Hannibal TV show on Netflix.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
It's rated 5.6/10 on IMDB, so it doesn't sound like something you'll want to finish anyway. Just write it off as a bad show and find something better.

Try the Hannibal TV show on Netflix.
I was meaning to rewatch Hannibal since it’s such an incredible series. Plus we both share food and wardrobe choices.

I know it’s thrash, I was just shocked by two aspects I mentioned.

Star-Lord

1. Sex - so the story revolves around a teen vampire in a lesbian relationship with a teen vampire hunter. So already in first episode they get all sweaty in the pantry, ok, I can kinda understand that.

Episode 3 comes and after doing something bad they take a walk and start making out against the tree. Ok, still fine, but then - BAM - the camera pans to a shot of them having hands in each other panties. Now, maybe that’s just my fatherly instinct - aren’t these girls like 15-16 tops? When did we go from innocent high school kissing to fingering each other?
As sad as the case may be, today's high school students are not as sweet and innocent as we used to be back in the day. Social media and peer pressure has turned them into a bunch of overly-horny rabbits. I do agree that it's a rather odd choice for Netflix to actually show them doing stuff, though, not sure how that slipped through the net.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
As sad as the case may be, today's high school students are not as sweet and innocent as we used to be back in the day. Social media and peer pressure has turned them into a bunch of overly-horny rabbits. I do agree that it's a rather odd choice for Netflix to actually show them doing stuff, though, not sure how that slipped through the net.
What shitty high school did you go to?

Top Bottom