• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Azurro

Banned
Umm... Dude... One or 2 lost black guys? I didn't say they were majority but there were MORE than one or 2 black guys in medieval Europe. You have to understand, there was international/intercontinental trade and travel even back then.

To further my point, here's art from 1500 and earlier:

You saying I'm lying and "woke" about actual history is high-key ignorant and shows you don't actually know what you're talking about, at best.

At worst... Well, yeah. Especially with how you went at me calling me a liar and such.

Don't show me paintings of the one or two lost black guys throughout history. Show me a document that showed that a sizeable part of the population was black in medieval central Europe.

The one showing ignorance is you because you can't, the population was 99.99% different ethnic groups that would be qualified as white today back then. Do you know why if you go into the former eastern block, that you don't see many people of color and the ones you do are students, tourists and white collar workers? Because multi culti societies in western Europe in terms of pigmentation are a very modern phenomena, starting after the world wars because the populations lost generations of men and they needed to rebuild.

Again, you sound like an NPC that regurgitates dishonest extreme left talking points. Rewriting history to suit your narrative is what authoritarian regimes do.

I loved the Elven clothing! I would rock a flowing garment like Elrond's in a heartbeat!

Will you be a gender fluid Elrond that identifies as Galadriel while you do it?

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Umm... Dude... One or 2 lost black guys? I didn't say they were majority but there were MORE than one or 2 black guys in medieval Europe. You have to understand, there was international/intercontinental trade and travel even back then.

To further my point, here's art from 1500 and earlier:

S03k1f4.jpg
5fqm8v3.jpg
VIuV9l2.jpg
KnS4w3u.jpg
g0mpxOW.jpg
u4DJ9Uu.jpg
DDf2JgT.jpg

You saying I'm lying and "woke" about actual history is high-key ignorant and shows you don't actually know what you're talking about, at best.

At worst... Well, yeah. Especially with how you went at me calling me a liar and such.

You're displaying paintings from the high medieval period of the 15th and 16th century and even then the number was tiny. Moorish Spain would have been a better example.

Regardless, what do these paintings have to do with Tolkien and Middle Earth? Tolkien was basing his mythology on Germanic (Norse, Anglo-Saxon etc) mythology and history from around the 5th - 8th century, not late medieval or Renaissance Europe.

You can't look at examples of paintings from Renaissance Florence as evidence.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Don't show me paintings of the one or two lost black guys throughout history. Show me a document that showed that a sizeable part of the population was black in medieval central Europe.

The one showing ignorance is you because you can't, the population was 99.99% different ethnic groups that would be qualified as white today back then. Do you know why if you go into the former eastern block, that you don't see many people of color and the ones you do are students, tourists and white collar workers? Because multi culti societies in western Europe in terms of pigmentation are a very modern phenomena, starting after the world wars because the populations lost generations of men and they needed to rebuild.

Again, you sound like an NPC that regurgitates dishonest extreme left talking points. Rewriting history to suit your narrative is what authoritarian regimes do.

Will you be a gender fluid Elrond that identifies as Galadriel while you do it?

Ok. There were never any black and brown people in Europe ever and still aren't and, if there are, they're all tourists.

Thank you for the education, oh wise one.

Azurro

Banned
Ok. There were never any black and brown people in Europe ever and still aren't and, if there are, they're all tourists.

I wouldn't say that, I'm sure that in the middle ages and probably even to the 1800's there were a variety of ethnicities in the coastal cities, mostly due to trade. However, most of the population even then was white by a great, great majority. I'm giving you an example to contrast with where immigration of that type did not happen and who would have known? The people where white people are from is like 95% white. The fact that you think differently is because you drank the communist like Kool aid from the progressives that is attempting to rewrite history.

I mean, just because you don't like real history doesn't mean it isn't true. Something like present day Paris where like 50% of the population is black or Arab was not even a thing until basically present day, it started after the World Wars, they began having demographic problems after after the Napoleonic wars, generations of young men died back then and the World Wars made it worse. Germany began to change due to the same reason, it's a very new phenomenon, it's senseless to think there were tons of arabs and black people and northafricans in the middle ages, you simply didn't travel much outside of your home town back then, the means in terms of resources and even individual rights didn't exist.

Hell, Columbus brought some people back from America just to show how they looked like and probably to sell into servitude, after torturing a few of course. You think he would have done so if western Europe was super diverse to begin with?

Last edited:

GreenAlien

They still had human zoos in europe until the middle of the 20th century, because black people were such a novelty people paid for the chance to see one..

Even if you only go as far back as pre 2010, I would go years without seeing a single black person in a capital city in Austria.. It's only really been a common sight since the migration crisis in 2015.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member

Misrepresenting people's arguments is doing you no absolutely no good.

And I have no time for people who want to try and rewrite history. Blocked.

darrylgorn

I'm open to different concepts or perspectives on LOTR but this just looks kind of generic and bland to me.

It's kind of like what people were doing with this license before the movies came out. Generally uninspiring.

When I see these shots, they make me think of this:

LOTR_War_in_the_North.png

Last edited:
This is Star Wars all over again.

The originals are timeless classics. The prequels are flawed-to-bad films, but they're inarguably Star Wars films with gems in every one (the scores, AotC being the first all-digital film, Sith was as good as Jedi IMO). The megacorp that comes in to rape the corpse that was already laid to rest.

I will not be watching this.

Tams

Gold Member
  • They chose Vanity Fair to do this exclusive article.
  • Single mum
  • New character predictably black
  • Galadriel now some great warrior
  • Dwarf is a large black women (okay, fair enough I guess) with no beard (yeah, no, fuck off)
  • Terrible and quite inexperienced showrunners (championed by JJ Abrams, kek - only M. Night Shamalalalaman would be worse)
    • Oh, and they think of themselves as modern day Tolkiens...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I wouldn't say that, I'm sure that in the middle ages and probably even to the 1800's there were a variety of ethnicities in the coastal cities, mostly due to trade. However, most of the population even then was white by a great, great majority. I'm giving you an example to contrast with where immigration of that type did not happen and who would have known? The people where white people are from is like 95% white. The fact that you think differently is because you drank the communist like Kool aid from the progressives that is attempting to rewrite history.

I mean, just because you don't like real history doesn't mean it isn't true. Something like present day Paris where like 50% of the population is black or Arab was not even a thing until basically present day, it started after the World Wars, they began having demographic problems after after the Napoleonic wars, generations of young men died back then and the World Wars made it worse. Germany began to change due to the same reason, it's a very new phenomenon, it's senseless to think there were tons of arabs and black people and northafricans in the middle ages, you simply didn't travel much outside of your home town back then, the means in terms of resources and even individual rights didn't exist.

Hell, Columbus brought some people back from America just to show how they looked like and probably to sell into servitude, after torturing a few of course. You think he would have done so if western Europe was super diverse to begin with?

I Appreciate the sincere reply. Seeing this made me rethink my argument.

John_Ryder

They should just say that this is a fantasy series loosely based on the works of Tolkien see they can do whatever the fuck they want with it.

Majmun

Why should race matter in a fictional world filled with magical creatures that never existed?

If this would be about real life and they would change the race of historic figures….now that would be problematic.

But this is fantasy. So who cares.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Galadriel was always a badass.

She was one of firstborn from Valinor, and told Fëanor to go fuck himself. She also was the handmaiden to a demi-Goddess. Being born in Aman, and rubbing shoulders with all these powerful beings, Galadriel would have been imbued with the light of Valinor … she would essentially have super powers. By the second age she would be beyond armour and swords and such things, and view such crude tools with distaste.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just want to add one other thing...

3 rings for the Elven kings under the sky
7 for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone
9 for mortal men doomed to die
1 for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

1 ring to rule them all
1 ring to find them
1 ring to bring them all
And in the darkness BIND them
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

Javthusiast

Banned
Witcher, Wheel of Time, LoTR... why do they always change the lore and put it through the, it has to resemble todays politics, filter? Oh right, cause they can't create anything of their own so gotta use established properties.

These showrunners also have barely any credits and are spawns of Bad Robot. Blergh.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Witcher, Wheel of Time, LoTR... why do they always change the lore and put it through the, it has to resemble todays politics, filter? Oh right, cause they can't create anything of their own so gotta use established properties.

These showrunners also have barely any credits and are spawns of Bad Robot. Blergh.

Wait... They're affiliated with Abrams?

Ok... Uncertainty creeping in now...

Azurro

Banned
I Appreciate the sincere reply. Seeing this made me rethink my argument.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I mean, I could always be wrong, I'm not a history scolar or anything, but I do like history quite a bit, and watch a lot of videos about it, whether it's about ancient rome, medieval Europe, the World Wars, pre hispanic Mesoamerica or the Cold War. I would not have replied the way I did if I didn't feel I had at least kind of taken a look at the topic, though if I sounded confrontational, I am sorry.

I mean from what I read and saw, back then, immigration to go to another society as a concept was not really a thing, you'd be serving your local lord and that was that, there was no concept of countries. If you found yourself away from your homeland, it was basically due to being conquered and sent to another land as a slave, within Europe though, so basically different ethnicities of white people conquering each other. As for non white people, you could find Northern Africans, in what would become Spain as they were dominated by the Moors for 300 years until the Reconquista, but none of those groups are black, they'd look Mediterranean anyway, so darker skinned people with white features. When we talk about black people, we talk about sub saharan populations and slave trading from sub saharan Africa did happen but it was in tiny numbers from what I read. I don't know exactly why, but since long trips were difficult and dangerous, I think that was probably the reason. Probably practicality as well and cost.

That's why I replied the way I did. I did sound flippant I think and I apologise for that, but in my defence, I really, REALLY love the LOTR trilogy, it's my favourite movie series of all time, and one of the highlights of my early teenage years. I was really disappointed in The Hobbit and have wanted more quality LOTR for years, and now that we have a production with hundreds of millions being thrown at it, they choose to put their ideology and rewritten history being put front and center instead of focusing on recreating Tolkien's world, it makes me infinitely sad.

Last edited:

Mistake

Why should race matter in a fictional world filled with magical creatures that never existed?

If this would be about real life and they would change the race of historic figures….now that would be problematic.

But this is fantasy. So who cares.
There is a natural way to be progressive, this ain’t it. The problem is how most of these movies and shows keep going down the list and checking boxes. It’s obvious, and a clear sign they don’t care as much about the material or storyline.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
It does’t bother me if there are black people or female leaders in LOTR, just like Morgan Freeman didn’t bother me in Robin Hood. What bothers me is that these are often harbingers of woke politics, which is incapable of telling a good story. It can only destroy and preach.

Shubh_C63

Will probably watch it, even just to shit on it. That is fun.
The first 120 mins needs to be fire.

And I liked so widely unpopular Boba Fett so maybe I will like this also. Gotta rewatch the movies.

sol_bad

Today's politics = people of different backgrounds rath than an all white cast?
Ermmmmm

I personally don't care if LOTR has an all white cast or a mixed race cast.

I mean, the people in here whinging about coloured people, would they have a heart attack if a Korean company got the license and made a LOTR movie with an all Korean cast?

I dont like the race-swapping either. It makes the whole thing seem so phony and PC.
I was never much of a LotR fan anyway. I liked the first movie back in the day, but generally I prefer more sex and violence in my fantasy stuff (like Game of Thrones... when it was good).

Doom85

I mean, the people in here whinging about coloured people, would they have a heart attack if a Korean company got the license and made a LOTR movie with an all Korean cast?

Oh, they fucking would. When the cast for Japan’s live-action adaptation of Attack on Titan was revealed, certain fans were outraged that the cast were all Japanese. Their argument was that most of the characters’ names are German-influenced.

The problem is Japan’s film studios pretty much have nowhere near the budgets that Hollywood’s blockbusters do, so not surprisingly the film studio didn’t spend a ton of money to bring tons of actors from overseas in to do auditions (especially since adapting something like AoT will require spending the budget on sets, costumes, etc.) So yes, if it’s a Japanese live-action film, the cast will be Japanese. They’re not a diverse country race/ethnicity-wise like the US, Canada, France, etc. so they work with what they have.

But of course these sort of fans like to ignore reality and will just make unreasonable demands for “accuracy”. Hell, I remember when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine, a good deal of people bitched about him being too tall for the role. Yeah, fuck the possibility of his performance being the best because it’s more important that we have to get every single, irrelevant detail of the character on screen! This died down when the first movie came out, but even then there we’re still a few people still complaining, geezus.

Also, how many of these fans who whined about the live-action Attack on Titan watched the AoT anime in either sub or a dub that wasn’t German? My money is on virtually all of them. So good job on consistency there, whiners!

sol_bad

Oh, they fucking would. When the cast for Japan’s live-action adaptation of Attack on Titan was revealed, certain fans were outraged that the cast were all Japanese. Their argument was that most of the characters’ names are German-influenced.

The problem is Japan’s film studios pretty much have nowhere near the budgets that Hollywood’s blockbusters do, so not surprisingly the film studio didn’t spend a ton of money to bring tons of actors from overseas in to do auditions (especially since adapting something like AoT will require spending the budget on sets, costumes, etc.) So yes, if it’s a Japanese live-action film, the cast will be Japanese. They’re not a diverse country race/ethnicity-wise like the US, Canada, France, etc. so they work with what they have.

But of course these sort of fans like to ignore reality and will just make unreasonable demands for “accuracy”. Hell, I remember when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine, a good deal of people bitched about him being too tall for the role. Yeah, fuck the possibility of his performance being the best because it’s more important that we have to get every single, irrelevant detail of the character on screen! This died down when the first movie came out, but even then there we’re still a few people still complaining, geezus.

Also, how many of these fans who whined about the live-action Attack on Titan watched the AoT anime in either sub or a dub that wasn’t German? My money is on virtually all of them. So good job on consistency there, whiners!

LOL
I had no idea there were people bitching about AoT ethnicity "issues" in the movies. I never thought for a second that they'd get any actors from other countries and would stick to just Japanese actors. Besides, whenever Japan/Korea try getting white actors on board their acting is always terribad.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Look, them inaccurately depicting the free peoples of Middle Earth is grating to me as a longtime fan of Tolkien's works and letters, but what is a deal breaker and far worse is how they so clearly do not care to adapt this with any faithfulness.

Just one, glaring example (of many): Galadriel, one of the first to awaken, an elf so she's cast in the character of her maker, bathed in the light of the Two Trees, who knows the Valar personally, possessing the power to topple fortresses with a word, and so on and so forth ..... they're planning to write like a petulant human teenager running around with a sword and plate armor.

That shit is absolutely silly. All of their ideas that were revealed within that article is silly. This does not feel like an adaptation of Tolkien's works, but rather a fanfic written by a couple of people who pretended to have read the source material. It reminds me of many comic movies that were created long before there was a MCU, when random Hollywood creators took comic properties in name only and tried to invent their own thing out it. This depiction of Galadriel is as stupid sounding as the "adaptation" of Deadpool was in that Wolverine movie.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I don't know, I don't think adaptations have to be 100% accurate. I say this as someone who loves the MCU, a series that constantly and completely changes stories from the comics.

Azurro

Banned
Today's politics = people of different backgrounds rath than an all white cast?
Ermmmmm

I personally don't care if LOTR has an all white cast or a mixed race cast.

I don't think you are understanding why people are angry and I think you are misrepresenting those reasons. The reveal of LOTR didn't talk about their characters, how they fit into the plot, why they were important. They spoke about social politics, how important it was to represent today's world and then you look at the pictures/plot details: strong violent teenager Galadriel that needs no man, fat black lady dwarf without a beard, a black elf, a god damn single mom elf in a forbidden relationship with afore mentioned black elf. Why is this happening? Well, they have some random writers that have no important work behind them besides being good buddies with JJ Abrahams, probably following company edicts from the woke people in their ranks.

"Evil cannot create, it can only destroy" - I love this quote, it's an excellent summary of the progressive movement. They'll come for everything you love and destroy it.

That's a contrived scenario, making a LOTR movie is very expensive, a Korean company that only sold to the local market would never be able to get the license in the first place.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I don't think you are understanding why people are angry and I think you are misrepresenting those reasons. The reveal of LOTR didn't talk about their characters, how they fit into the plot, why they were important. They spoke about social politics, how important it was to represent today's world and then you look at the pictures/plot details: strong violent teenager Galadriel that needs no man, fat black lady dwarf without a beard, a black elf, a god damn single mom elf in a forbidden relationship with afore mentioned black elf. Why is this happening? Well, they have some random writers that have no important work behind them besides being good buddies with JJ Abrahams, probably following company edicts from the woke people in their ranks.

"Evil cannot create, it can only destroy" - I love this quote, it's an excellent summary of the progressive movement. They'll come for everything you love and destroy it.

That's a contrived scenario, making a LOTR movie is very expensive, a Korean company that only sold to the local market would never be able to get the license in the first place.

I don't really care what or how they announced their cast or their intentions with the show. I was interested in these images as a first look, I'll care about the trailer that is released soon and then I'll watch the show and judge it on it's own merits. I'll mention that I haven't read any of the LOTR's books or any books related to the world except for the Hobbit, I have attachment to the literature.

And who's to say that if Tolkien was alive today and created LOTR's today it wouldn't involve a more diverse cast of characters? He created the world between the 1910's and 1950's, basically white man's world at the time and that was the only audience that mattered at the time.

Azurro

Banned
I don't really care what or how they announced their cast or their intentions with the show. I was interested in these images as a first look, I'll care about the trailer that is released soon and then I'll watch the show and judge it on it's own merits. I'll mention that I haven't read any of the LOTR's books or any books related to the world except for the Hobbit, I have attachment to the literature.

And who's to say that if Tolkien was alive today and created LOTR's today it wouldn't involve a more diverse cast of characters? He created the world between the 1910's and 1950's, basically white man's world at the time and that was the only audience that mattered at the time.

You are again disingenously trying to find loopholes to apply your social politics again. The work is what it is, when Tolkien wanted to revive the folklore that had been lost, which was one of his primary motivations.

Your other argument is incredibly racist, human beings can relate to each other regardless of race, because we are human beings. I am Latino and I always related to great characters in Hollywood movies from the 90s and early 2000s. I WANT to see the real work be recreated, I don't want to see a mockery with a fruit of the loom ad.

Again, go create your own properties if your social politics are so righteous. They should be a huge success if you put a bunch of checkboxed races and made up sexual genders in it. Right? Well, you wonder why your people aren't doing that though? Because they know it wouldn't sell, you need to infect other works and lecture and berate people through it.

CLqIge1.jpg

I'm looking forward to the capturing recount of the struggles of a single human mother from Tirharad who fell in love with the Silvan elf Arondir. The mother's solitary status being the tragic result of a forbidden interracial relationship with a black elf. A side-story that will be ripe with pregnant allusions to current trendy social themes. Numerous heartfelt scenes of the segregated father longing for his beloved family and of Bronwyn mixing medicinal herbs with a sad touch as she ponders the ignominy that arose from their impermissible relationship.

For sure, this is the reason that people read and watch LOTR for. Thanks Amazon!

sol_bad

You are again disingenously trying to find loopholes to apply your social politics again. The work is what it is, when Tolkien wanted to revive the folklore that had been lost, which was one of his primary motivations.

Your other argument is incredibly racist, human beings can relate to each other regardless of race, because we are human beings. I am Latino and I always related to great characters in Hollywood movies from the 90s and early 2000s. I WANT to see the real work be recreated, I don't want to see a mockery with a fruit of the loom ad.

Again, go create your own properties if your social politics are so righteous. They should be a huge success if you put a bunch of checkboxed races and made up sexual genders in it. Right? Well, you wonder why your people aren't doing that though? Because they know it wouldn't sell, you need to infect other works and lecture and berate people through it.

Cool story brah.
Again, I'll judge the show on it's own merits when it comes out.

Azurro

Banned
Cool story brah.
Again, I'll judge the show on it's own merits when it comes out.

I see, closing your eyes and running away is a common tactic you employ when your standard woke playbook doesn't have a ready made answer for you.

Edit: I see, you prefer to avoid the issue. Maybe you can only reply to me if we are of the same race and gender, right? ;)

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
The only reason I'm looking forward to this is so all of my favourite content creators will be uploading hours upon hours of hilarious videos that pick apart this trainwreck, again.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So all white people have the same background to you?
Ermmmmm
Everyone knows that one white skinned dude from Marseille has the same background as a Parisian and they are of the same background as a white Scot from Glasgow, a white Italian from Bari, and a white Spaniard from Barcelona…

Azurro

Banned
Everyone knows that one white skinned dude from Marseille has the same background as a Parisian and they are of the same background as a white Scot from Glasgow, a white Italian from Bari, and a white Spaniard from Barcelona…

You mean a white dude from Moscow isn't the same as a white dude from Napoli? You must surely be joking sir.

thefool

Its all on purpose. There's a reason these photos were decided to been shown first, and they expected this reaction. The false victimhood is simply another marketing tool.

They use these brands as propaganda to lure audiences but the folklore is purposefully crumbled and reshaped to bastardize the authors intents and fit whatever message they want to promote. This is why nobodies are at the helm of this. This is a committee who has no interest in telling a good fantasy story much less respectfully adapt Tolkien’s text.

In LOTR case, its hard to believe that people who (most likely) fundamentally hate Tolkien’s christian values can somehow adapt his works. LOTR derives from scholasticism and expresses a catholic worldview. Its written in a very European literary sense, rooted on medieval romance and folklore. Our characters live in a world where myths and sagas preceded their existence.

Its the same as Bebop, the only course of action is indifference. To be loudly against this is falling into a trap.

Last edited:
The problem with colour-blind casting is you end up with the laughable woke shit like this:

The very first scene of this is an evil Mill owner played by a Black actor hunting down The Artful Dodger.

And my biggest problem with this is, we are told we live in a White Supremacist society, where Black people are denied their dues at every turn. But at the same time the BBC et al are pumping out these revisionist historical dramas like Dodger, The Gilded Age, Bridgerton, where men and women of power who would have no doubt profited from the slave trade....are played by Black actors. So what is it? Evil White society where Black people can't advance or they were here all along in positions of power? It's laughable.

Now I don't mind if there's at least an attempt in the script to explain, like Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood but diversity casting doesn't allow for nuance. So you get the Frozen Ice episode of Dr Who, where he lands in Victorian London and at first glance, I thought he'd landed in a steampunk Africa, there were more black extras than white ones. The writer had to write in a line to explain it. According to the Dr, you can't believe history... :pie_thinking::pie_eyeroll: Even Peter Capaldi looked like he was mentally rolling his eyes.

Mark Gattis, another writer actually was quite annoyed by it.

Now if you are filming something in the present or future, like The Expanse, I have no problem with White actors becoming a minority, as that's the social trend. The Expanse casting makes perfect sense. But in the cases of diversity rules, there is no nuance, for Dr Who for example, it's not a case by case issue, casting HAS to be diverse in every single episode (at least for the BBC).

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Just one, glaring example (of many): Galadriel, one of the first to awaken, an elf so she's cast in the character of her maker, bathed in the light of the Two Trees, who knows the Valar personally, possessing the power to topple fortresses with a word, and so on and so forth ..... they're planning to write like a petulant human teenager running around with a sword and plate armor.

this woman clearly needs a sword and plate armor

Azurro

Banned
The Hobbit goes into the puic domain in like a decade, right? So I'm expecting all sorts of interpretations then. An all Korean one especially.

IIt will be longer for LOTR but only bollywood could do Tom Bombadil justice :p

Don't worry, Disney will make sure IP rights continue, forever. They won't let Mickey Mouse become part of the public domain.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The Hobbit goes into the puic domain in like a decade, right? So I'm expecting all sorts of interpretations then. An all Korean one especially.

IIt will be longer for LOTR but only bollywood could do Tom Bombadil justice :p
Bo bad I’ll Bollywood kinda got me excited.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Don't worry, Disney will make sure IP rights continue, forever. They won't let Mickey Mouse become part of the public domain.
It's a tough one. On the one hand these giant content creators want to keep their hold indefinitely. On the other hand, giant content distributors want free stuff to put out or adapt. Seems ironic to me that Disney, virtually 100% thriving off public domain content they adapt, is so staunch against openinG it up. Well see in a few years if they win with steamboat willy.

Top Bottom