• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First gameplay trailer released for Dino Crisis Unreal Engine 4 Fan Remake

CyberPanda

Banned
These past couple of months we’ve following closely a fan remake of Dino Crisis in Unreal Engine 4. And today, we are happy to present you its first gameplay trailer.

The team that is working on this fan remake is called “team Arklay”. The game will be using an over-the-should third-person perspective, and promises to be similar to Resident Evil 2 Remake. In other words, the team will create new 3D environments that will resemble those of the first Dino Crisis game.

This first gameplay trailer showcases some of the early environments, as well as Regina and the raptors. It will also give you an idea of its gameplay mechanics and changes that its new third-person perspective brings to the table.

It will be interesting to see whether Capcom will allow the team to finish this project. As I’ve already said, I don’t expect the team to remake the entire game. Still, I really hope we get a playable tech demo at some point.

Before closing, I should remind you that this is a fan project. As such, don’t expect the polish of an official remake (like the one for Resident Evil 2). This project may feel amateur-ish to some. Still, we find it really cool which is why we’re sharing its gameplay trailer with you.

Pejo

The environment looks great, especially for fan-made. You could see they didn't want to show too much of the dinos though, and the T Rex walking animation was rough. As we saw with Alien Isolation, when the creatures glitch out, it can take away all the tension. Still, I'm absolutely floored with the overall quality considering it's a fan project.

I still don't know why they release info this far from release. Looks like total C&D bait.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I love the Dino Crisis saga.

For me the best is Dino crisis 2, for the action horror.

Dino Crisis 1 is a great game, but im kinda disappoint me because was more Puzzle than A survival Horror, but still i enjoy it and i love the tech of the weapons.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Got to give props to those dudes making it knowing how Capcom unusually are with projects like these lol.

Nero_PR

Banned
Capcom will take this down. Why don't modders just finish the game and release it when it's done.
I like that Capcom take it down but understands that the public have an interest in the franchise. I really hope they reboot the series. The first game was great, the second was good for an action game (it even has a combo counter haha). We don't speak about the third.

Shifty

These threads are so repetitive. Fan project gets publicized and looks pretty cool, but 90% of posters are too busy whining about C&Ds to actually talk about it.

Inviusx

These threads are so repetitive. Fan project gets publicized and looks pretty cool, but 90% of posters are too busy whining about C&Ds to actually talk about it.

Yeah it's pretty cool but there is not much to talk about. It will never release because these fan projects always get shutdown.

Top Bottom