• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First game played in 2021?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Crackdown 3.

Found out yesterday its part of Play Anywhere. Hooked up my Dual Sense to PC with DS4Windows. My PC doesnt have the best video card, need to see if I can tweak some settings, I tried everything at medium settings and the frame rate tanked hard, lol. Using an RX 550, 16GB ram, i5 8400

Wrote something about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in another thread, so that made me install Shadow of Chernobyl again and replay it for the 11th time, testing out a ENB preset i just stumbled upon for it.

Same as the last game I played in 2020.

Ghost of Tsushima, Legends multiplayer, just two trophies left

After I 100% it, I am gonna move on to either Valhalla or Fenyx Rising. Can't decide which

tav7623

The first game I played in 2021 was BroForce on the Nintendo Switch and it was also the first game of 2021 that I finished/beat (because I had been slowly playing through the game since Thanksgiving so when I booted it up earlier today I was on the last stage of the game) so I think I'm off to a good start on the 52 games 1 year 2021 challenge (whenever someone gets around to creating that thread ;P) :p.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Well I am going through my Xbox Game Pass trial period at the moment, so whatever happens to be downloaded next - ie Dirt 4, Give Us the Moon, not sure what else in the queue... :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Ultimately it ended up being Mirrors Edge, downloaded it 2-3 days ago, still haven't quite got to grips with the controls, also added Soul Calibur to the download list..

That would be Grindstone on the Nintendo Switch. Fucking hooked to that game. I've been getting legit Tetris effect from it. I highly recommend it.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.

I'm having a blast chaining combos to earn extra experience. And Stocke is one of the most badass RPG protagonists (in part thanks to Xander Mobus' voice acting). Dude time travels and liberates nations all while keeping a cool head even during the biggest plot twists.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Make sure you check out Amid Evil too if you haven't already. You too, Anki Anki
Yeah! Loved that one, art direction and music are just fantastic, and so is the gameplay, level design, the weapons...

Let's just say I cant wait for it's DLC, The Black Labyrinth.

Gonna jump into Skyrim VR a bit, haven't played it in months, but I'm moving next week and I don't know how long it'll take me to set up my lighthouses again lol

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Yeah! Loved that one, art direction and music are just fantastic, and so is the gameplay, level design, the weapons...

Let's just say I cant wait for it's DLC, The Black Labyrinth.

Ah nice me too!

There's another one coming in 2021 from those pubs - Gloomwood I'm pretty sure it's called? They seem to be focused on an FPS in the style of Lovecraftian London a la Bloodborne. Keeping my eye on that one, too!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Ah nice me too!

There's another one coming in 2021 from those pubs - Gloomwood I'm pretty sure it's called? They seem to be focused on an FPS in the style of Lovecraftian London a la Bloodborne. Keeping my eye on that one, too!
Looks great! Reminds me a lot of Thief. That and Ultrakill are shaping to be very good, but I'll wait until they are out of early access to try them. :)

I'm playing Final Fantasy IX for the first time through game pass, pretty great game so far. My only gripe is Zidane the main character....really don't like him so far and I'm like 8 hours in.

No Man's Sky Next Generation. My third time picking this up and I'm as mesmerized by it as I was the first time. Haven't played in a few years and I'm kinda overwhelmed with how much has changed.

Patrick S.

Banned
Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PS4 because I'm having an internal battle if I should double dip on PC or if that'd be dumb. Bought the game day one, I like it and all, but have not even played it for two hours since launch. Wondering if I'd get more out of it on PC...

Last edited:
Confirmed: the GAF crew has quality taste in games.

I can only "like" so many posts. Respect. This is a fun thread to read. :messenger_beermugs:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I decided to play fortnite because there's a tdm mode. Also because I could get master chief.

Sadly I didn't make it as I started too late but got Kratos instead

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Metroid Fusion.

Before that I beat Elviento, which was quite the undertaking. Very proud of it!

Top Bottom