• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Details on New PlayStation 5 VR controllers

Shai-Tan

Banned
This feature already exist in some fashion and the experience isn’t that great at the moment (even on the most expensive headset). The resolution per screen on the optics need to have a minimum of 4K per eye if not higher. I would even go to say it needs atleast 8K per eye with content to match. This is specifically important for live content and movies.
I've watched many (flat) 3d movies on the Valve Index which doesn't have that great of a resolution and it's pretty decent still. If you want to recover detail even on a lower res headset you can "sit closer" to the screen (requiring a bit of head movement). I assume the PSVR2 will be at least Oculus Quest 2 resolution which is higher than the Index. Obviously it would be nice if the screen and optics are higher but there's not loads of content where it would matter

Fredrik

I love that Sony is doing this! And after having used Oculus Quest 2 for awhile this could be the jump in point for me on PS5. Raytracing, fast load speed etc isn’t next gen gaming. VR is.

Dream scenario:
Wireless VR. Can’t go back to cables now.
AAA 1st party games. Plus lots of upcoming games shown so we know they won’t drop support.
Steam VR support. The ultimate combo, Steam plus Sony AAA games. Would make Sony on Steam less provocative as well.
PC desktop connectivity. Virtual Desktop. The real magic happens there and is needed for full mod support and to make life easier when you manage files and run smaller programs.

Don’t rush it Sony, make it awesome!

aclar00

I love that Sony is doing this! And after having used Oculus Quest 2 for awhile this could be the jump in point for me on PS5. Raytracing, fast load speed etc isn’t next gen gaming. VR is.

Dream scenario:
Wireless VR. Can’t go back to cables now.
AAA 1st party games. Plus lots of upcoming games shown so we know they won’t drop support.
Steam VR support. The ultimate combo, Steam plus Sony AAA games. Would make Sony on Steam less provocative as well.
PC desktop connectivity. Virtual Desktop. The real magic happens there and is needed for full mod support and to make life easier when you manage files and run smaller programs.

Don’t rush it Sony, make it awesome!

Unfortunately i believe it was confirmed Sony there will be one cable connected the PSVR2 to the console.

Top Bottom