• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fireside Chat: Jade Raymond, Haven Studios

tmlDan

It doesn't mean that, it means they hire basically liberals that just look different.
Thats not what that means at all, different experiences, diff cultures, diff thought processes breed creativity.

That's not a lie, maybe go travel to other countries for once and you'll see it.

Pedro Motta

You obviously weren't around for that shitshow so I can understand you simping her. The Prince of Persia games were part of what made UbiSoft into what they are today and they flushed the person responsible for that down the toilet for what was basically virtue signaling.
So you have internal information on what happened? Please share.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Everyone knows what happened. It was a huge controversy at the time. Patrice was the game director. Ubi hired Raymond after shipping a Sims game and put her as the forefront of all of the marketing of Assassin's Creed. At the time (this was pre-goobergate and all that bullshit) people saw through it as them trying to use a hot producer to get attention on their game.

Ah we've found the Jade Raymond simp.

Her only credit before UbiSoft handed her credit for AC on a silver platter was one Sims game. Patrice was responsible for the successful reboots of Prince of Persia and because of that UbiSoft allowed him to create Assassin's Creed.

Jade Raymond being credited for "creating" Assassin's Creed is no different than someone having a career in this industry for licking a PSP.

what a fantastical piece of fiction

as far as I know, Jade and Patrice have a good working relationship. The latter may have not wanted to be in the limelight

yurinka

I shared some internal information about Patrice's and Jade's roles inside Ubi plus some of their other projects and CVs in post #58 in case you're interested. Jade started as programmer, then was producer in several hits and she was tasked to create and lead Ubi Toronto, which became Ubi's 2nd biggest/most successful studios.

With she as producer or studio manager her team worked in over a dozen super successful games including some of the 'recent' biggest Ubi new IPs (AC, The Division, Watchdogs...) and some of the most successful Ubi games ever at their time. Then EA hired her to create and lead a new studio, Motive, that did help on Battlefront II and later made Star Wars Squadrons and the Dead Space remake. Ubi, EA, Google or Sony hire her to create and lead teams because of her long an successful career building and leading teams who produce big hits, not because she is hot.

In AC Patrice was the creative director (not the same than a game director, I explained in that post the differences between the roles in the post and also the differences between his and her roles, I worked at Ubi but not with them even if I met them personally). He and she had a normal relationship, the issues he had with other Ubi staff were in a separate project where she wasn't involved.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The project sounds years away. I assume PlayStation saw something in this team. I’m very skeptical.

Their PS5 game is essentially going to be what they were working on at Stadia. I thought Jade Raymond mentioned that. If that's the case, Haven studios was probably able to paint a pretty clear picture for Sony on what they wanted to deliver and Sony liked what they saw.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Their PS5 game is essentially going to be what they were working on at Stadia. I thought Jade Raymond mentioned that. If that's the case, Haven studios was probably able to paint a pretty clear picture for Sony on what they wanted to deliver and Sony liked what they saw.
Yes. It's the same game. They had already worked on it while the team was with Google. Google disbanded first-party production and let go of the developers. Jade showed the game to Sony, and Sony guys loved it so much that they basically "bought" the game, funded the development, and helped Jade set up a studio and hire her team to continue the development.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well having devs from the ac and watchdogs brands working on the title is a boost in hype if you ask me...

Top Bottom