• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefighter: 'Would rather save a dog than a million black people.' Is suspended.

Litan

[url]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/firefighters-racist-facebook-post-dog-fire-black-people-claims-tyler-roysdon-a7954176.html [/url]

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3...8/17/1463070-474288336024769-1216216799-n.jpg

A volunteer firefighter has been suspended after allegedly suggesting he would rather save a dog than a black person from a fire.

Tyler Roysdon, 20, of Franklin Township, Ohio, made the racist comments on Facebook, according to local station WHIO. Screenshots obtained by the station show Mr Roysdon suggesting he would rather save a dog because “one dog is more important than a million n*****s”.

Township Fire Chief Steve Bishop suspended Mr Roysdon without pay, pending a disciplinary hearing on 27 September.

The firing of any township employee must be approved by a vote from the board of trustees, local officials said. Trustee President Brian Morris told WHIO that he was “disgusted” by thw comments.

He added: “I want people to realise this is only one man’s comment. We have a great group of men and disgusting comments from one individual does not represent the entire fire department.”

A woman identifying herself as Mr Roysdon’s wife commented on Facebook to say that her husband had apologised, according to Fox 19.

“Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion,” she reportedly wrote.

To cap things off:
The town is also grappling with the removal of a plaque celebrating Confederate General Robert E Lee from a local intersection.

Monuments to Confederate soldiers – who fought to preserve slavery in the United States – have been removed across the country after a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia turned violent. Supporters of the Ohio monument say it is a testament to their history; detractors say it is racist and embarassing.

The plaque was removed by the neighbouring city of Franklin over a “right of way issue,” according to Franklin Mayor Denny Centers. The city has said they plan to return the plaque to the township.

The Independent has reached out to Mr Roysdon for comment.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
He should be free to express his opinion...

...so that he can get shitcanned when the trustees meet

malyce

Why do these people always apologize? As a black person, what the fuck am I supposed to do with your apology?

I'm tired of this shit. We would just like to be left the fuck alone. Why the fuck does the world hate us so much? What the fuck did we do?

PSqueak

Banned
”Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion," she reportedly wrote.

True, that's why the fire chief's opinion was to suspend her husband's racist piece of shit ass.

And most people will agree on the opinion that it is a good idea to do so!

If white people loved black people as much as they loved dogs racism would be over already.

Can we get that one gif? i think it's from community? y'all know which one!

Edit: Fuck it, im gonna dig it myself.

tumblr_inline_nsagclv24q1qd5e8g_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nsagczsNXx1qd5e8g_500.gif

Why do these people always apologize? As a black person, what the fuck am I supposed to do with your apology?

I'm tired of this shit. We would just like to be left the fuck alone. Why the fuck does the world hate us so much? What the fuck did we do?
Don't worry, it sounds like it was just a sorry just my opinion apology via his wife.

Wamb0wneD

“Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion,”

Not when that person might as well leave people to die in a fire because of their skin colour, ffs.

JCX

They're apologizing for "moderate" white folks, not us.

Her husband does indeed have the right to be racist. I'm not sure why someone exercising that right deserves a second chance. Slither back off into obscurity fuckers.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
His beliefs make him unable to perform his job, fire his racist ass.

FreeMufasa

That's what pisses me off the most. They enslaved us, tortured us, abused and discriminated against us, yet they're the ones who are always in fear of their lives. Honestly, we should be the racists.

Then there's situations where a small Asian country was colonised by white people with no interaction with black people, yet they hate/are scared of us.

danm999

Good news he got sacked. Shouldn't be working in emergency services.

The town is also grappling with the removal of a plaque celebrating Confederate General Robert E Lee from a local intersection.

Monuments to Confederate soldiers – who fought to preserve slavery in the United States – have been removed across the country after a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia turned violent. Supporters of the Ohio monument say it is a testament to their history; detractors say it is racist and embarassing.

The plaque was removed by the neighbouring city of Franklin over a “right of way issue,” according to Franklin Mayor Denny Centers. The city has said they plan to return the plaque to the township.

The Independent has reached out to Mr Roysdon for comment.

!##*@#*(@!)(#????

OHIO IS IN THE NORTH IT FOUGHT FOR THE UNION

RinsFury

So many of these stupid fucks feeling empowered by Trump to openly say the racist shit they've always been thinking. Good. Let them incriminate themselves and ruin their job prospects, let them become human stains to be avoided.

“Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion,” she reportedly wrote.

You're entitled to your opinions. You're also entitled to the consequences of having certain opinions.

and i hate that fucking "second chance" rational. a second for getting caught saying racist shit? cause don't act like this was his first abhorrently racist act.

Shaanyboi

Banned
But hey guys, it's not like he's really threatening anybody so let's not get too mad about this.

Fuck that, and fuck him.

danm999

And like, if you really really want to put up a Civil War general monument Ohio is an embarrassment of riches for the Union side given the people born there.

Grant, Sherman, McKinley, Hayes, Harrison....

To put up a statue of a guy from Virginia you fought against you aren't even pretending it's about history and all about white supremacy.

Menchi

How do you go into a career that is literally about preventing death and destruction with this mindset? It's abhorrent, and I just don't understand how anyone can feel this way about another living person, or group of people.

Codeblue

and i hate that fucking "second chance" rational. a second for getting caught saying racist shit? cause don't act like this was his first abhorrently racist act.

I mean, she bails on it pretty quickly with the "entitled to his own opinion" stuff. Like she realized that this was going to happen again mid sentence.

Fantastic news. No one with these sort of beliefs should ever hold a public office. Especially one where your job is to literally save people who you clearly have hateful intentions towards

How do you go into a career that is literally about preventing death and destruction with this mindset? It's abhorrent, and I just don't understand how anyone can feel this way about another living person, or group of people.

Makes me angry that humans think this away. Racism is forever ingrained in humanity and it makes me angry.

Volimar

And like, if you really really want to put up a Civil War general monument Ohio is an embarrassment of riches for the Union side given the people born there.

Grant, Sherman, McKinley, Hayes, Harrison....

To put up a statue of a guy from Virginia you fought against you aren't even pretending it's about history and all about white supremacy.

Yeah, I'm from the birthplace of Sherman. He's kind of a big deal here. Down in Atlanta? Not so much.

watershed

Banned

Hate is a powerful and confounding thing, One super strange thing about racists like this who literally hate and wish death on other people because of the color of their skin is that they are convinced that everyone else feels the same way but are too polite or ashamed to admit it. They are deeply racist and are convinced that everyone else must be too.

Top Bottom