• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefighter Says Saving One Dog Is ‘More Important’ Than A Million N____

Zubz

Banned
Fuck, man. I was even saying that firefighters were the one group of public service I generally support.

This dipshit doesn't deserve a second chance. He's explicitly stated he has bias that puts human lives at risk. He should never be in that kind of position again.

If white people loved black people as much as they loved dogs racism would be over already.

Dogs are ok with being slaves

Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

Kthulhu

Why do these people even take jobs in emergency services? Do they never think they're gonna have to help a minority?

what about people's careers?

or freedom? or education?

or food? shelter?

transportation?

employment?

what kind of jobs are ok for racists?

One where their opinions don't affect anyone else.

Usobuko

Banned
If he wrote humans instead of that, I will be inclined to believe he's some nihilistic indulging person.

This is just a clear cut of white people in positions of power with extremely racist views on black people.

or food? shelter?

transportation?

employment?

I suppose one where they don't directly know who they are serving or whatnot. like manufacturer, garbage collecting, construction. basically anywhere they can't singularly discriminate (or at least be difficult to)

so definitely not food, medical, transportation, police, lawyer etc

rObit

Banned
Fuck, man. I was even saying that firefighters were the one group of public service I generally support.

This dipshit doesn't deserve a second chance. He's explicitly stated he has bias that puts human lives at risk. He should never be in that kind of position again.

I'd just like to point out that volunteer firefighters are kind of different than just firefighters. In rural areas you get departments where only a couple of people are paid and everyone else just volunteers. Not to diminish what these people do or the generosity and courage that many of them display by putting their lives on the line, but pretty much any one can show up to a volunteer drill and sign up. They don't even have to respond to any emergencies.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that any old shitbag like this guy can get into the volunteer system, but that shouldn't reflect poorly on the folks that do this as a career.

Also this dude should get canned from whatever the fuck his real job is too, if he has one.

Derwind

or food? shelter?

transportation?

employment?

Hopefully, anywhere that their prejudice does not interact with the public in a direct or indirect way.

I don't really care about a racist in a powerless position, ideally they'd still get fired if their racism gets exposed in their private life (like racist facebook rants or acts of racism that gets recorded and shared).

I suppose one where they don't directly know who they are serving or whatnot. like manufacturer, garbage collecting, construction. basically anywhere they can't singularly discriminate (or at least be difficult to)

so definitely not food, medical, transportation, police, lawyer etc

Yep. Basically this.

danm999

We need a great centrist thinker like boogie to help us reach the middle ground of a dog life being worth only 500,000 Black lives.

the210

Remember when John Stewart said this
"And I’ll say this, I know a lot of first responders. I spent a lot of time in that community. A shitload of them voted for Trump. The same people that voted for Trump ran into burning buildings and saved whoever the fuck they could no matter what color they were, no matter what religion and they would do it again tomorrow. So, if you want to sit and tell me that those people are giving tacit approval to an exploitative system ― I say, “OK, and would you put your life on the line for people who aren’t like you? Because they did.” I get mad about this stuff."
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know racism is just as much a part of the first responder world as the rest of society. There is a good reason POC have to sue departments to get hired and then sue them to advance in the job.

Jombie

Fireman are just as capable of being assholes as anyone else.

I once worked for an ambulance service and ran a car accident -- one of the vehicles involved 2 Latinos, one of which was pregnant. Her head had hit the windshield, as the glass left a spider web imprint and she was bleeding. Fire had been on scene long enough to at least put a cervical collar on the girl but she was just sitting there slumped over...

I asked why no one was holding c spine and why she wasn't being put on a board and one of the fireman replied 'didn't think she needed it.' If she had been white they'd have her out and on a board and an IV started before we got there.

Galang

Banned
Yeah um please say he lost his job... He shouldn't be saving anyone. I'm increasingly annoyed at how people like this get away with just a slap on the wrist. Even IF he directly apologizes, still fire his ass. There's no way you say something like that and honestly mean you're sorry in the space of a year let alone a day.

Gattsu25

Banned
I don't believe he said something like that and suddenly had an epiphany that it was wrong to say/feel like his wife claimed. More likely he realized it might get him in trouble and is just trying to backtrack.
Yeah, of course he's only sorry there was a backlash from it. The fact he said everyone is entitled to their opinion proves he doesn't get it. He should be fired, piece of shit.
The wife is the one that said that. She's just as ain't shit as he is.

Top Bottom