• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefighter Says Saving One Dog Is ‘More Important’ Than A Million N____

Slayven

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...7e4b0edff971c0fbc?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

An Ohio fire department has suspended one of its volunteer firefighters for a racist Facebook post suggesting he’d prefer to save a dog in an emergency than a black person.

Tyler Roysdon, a volunteer for Franklin Township, wrote that if he had to choose between saving a dog or a black man from a burning building, the dog would get priority, because “one dog is more important than a million n****rs.”

59bc2d441900002500564018.png

A woman who identified herself as Joei Frame Roysdon told WXIX-TV that she was Roysdon’s wife and said, “He admitted that he said things that were wrong and apologized.”

She added: “Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion

Racism, just an equal and valid opinion

What is the middle ground, a dog is only work 500K black people?

Veelk

Banned
"Fireman says that saving dog is more important than..."

My thoughts: Oh great, a feel good story about a fireman who likes to save dogs!

*reads rest of title*

...oh.

Petrae

Social media: People will NEVER learn, no matter how many lose their jobs over posting "opinions" in a public forum.

And I'm sure "Bu-by-but free speech!" will follow this story's comments, even though the First Amendment doesn't apply.

keuja

She added: “Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion.”

True. But it doesn't make that opinion any less garbage and inferior to other opinions.
People are also entitled to the consequences of their shitty opinion i.e getting fired from their jobs. Good riddance.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...7e4b0edff971c0fbc?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

A woman who identified herself as Joei Frame Roysdon told WXIX-TV that she was Roysdon's wife and said, ”He admitted that he said things that were wrong and apologized."

She added: ”Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion."

Dude's Facebook banner right now:

Nah, I think I'll pass on that. Also, what the fuck is up with Ohio and racist shit heads?

Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion.

I do belive people are capable of changing.

But that doesn't make this dude in his current situation any less of a piece of garbage and who should also be instantly terminated from any sort of public job. Especially one where he could be responsible for the very lives of people he clearly hates

Petrae

how dumb are these people to just keep posting shit like this on facebook and twitter and shit

They've been doing it for years. More brazen, now. Heck, I see plenty of comments these days labeled with real names and employers that could easily get people disciplined or worse at their jobs.

Loudninja

She added: “Everyone deserves a second chance and is also entitled to their own opinion.”
Nope someone saying our lives are nothing compare to dogs does not deserve a second chance.

I cant imagine how bad he is outside the internat.

Sianos

instead of sugarcoating it, his wife should have been honest and said "everyone is entitled to their opinion that entire other races are less than animals, and also entitled to work in emergency services despite saying they would not do their job"

that's a hell of a lot to obfuscate with the word "opinion"

Like instantly. Especially emergency services.

co-sign.

Whether a human being's life is worth saving because of their race is not an "opinion" to be debated. He is blatantly saying that he is not doing his fucking job. When you choose your job you do not agree to only save the lives of a certain type of person. You agree to save the life of any human being. Whether or not black people are human beings and their lives matter is not something to be debated EVER let alone in the 21st century.

I need to know if he's a gamer and/or makes bad youtube videos about video games before I decide if this is disgusting and abject racism. /s

we still have many generations to go before we can say racism is not that bad in America. It's only been about 1 life generation since the civil rights movement. I wish we would hurry up and learn already that hate is not the way to live.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This country is beyond redemption. You have public servants that hate black people so much that they're willing to openly admit it, and then you'll have at least half the population defend them.

Just burn it all down.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's crazy how wrong penny arcade ended up being.

greater-internet-fuckwad-theorysimple-img_assist_custom1.jpg

They weren't fuckwads because of anonymity. They were and are just fuckwads period.

I know they've always been here but I can't help but feel terrible and sad at how many people feel emboldened to share their horrible views since the election. =/

Top Bottom