• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| The Romance of Three Houses, or "Hogwarts SRPG"

Shaqazooloo

It's late game and I finally decided to make Dimitri a dancer. The dudes still a beast that's practically unkillable, it's just now he looks silly and can dance. It's refreshing after getting used to dancers being fragile and weak with Olivia and Azura.

Shaqazooloo

Goddamn, they're really pulling out all the stops for this final fight in the blue lion's route eh?
Mages with a spell that reduces you to 1 hp no matter what with a range of 3-10 and they have an skill that gives them infinite uses? And Edelgard with that 1-30 ranged attack that spans pretty much the entire map and can attack 2 separate units each turn?
Wasn't expecting any of this. Definitely a step up from the 3DS final battles.

Goddamn, they're really pulling out all the stops for this final fight in the blue lion's route eh?
Mages with a spell that reduces you to 1 hp no matter what with a range of 3-10 and they have an skill that gives them infinite uses? And Edelgard with that 1-30 ranged attack that spans pretty much the entire map and can attack 2 separate units each turn?
That's Fire Emblem 4 and 5 type of spells, they're very annoying!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Use warp.

Shaqazooloo

After 125 hours, i'm finally done with my first playthrough. Honestly I really wish I could've dragged it on for longer, but it had to come to end eventually I guess. That final map was something else, took me about 4 hours to complete I think. The entire run was almost lost because everyone from the top center made a beeline for my team on the right and my left team could do nothing about it, nobody was in the position to take more than one magic attack and the beast from the left side went over to the right side. I thought I was gonna loose someone for sure, I was backed into a corner but we just barely managed to scrap by.

I'm looking forward to starting new game plus. I'll probably pick Golden Deer this time around, it's gonna be weird not having my boi Dimitri, I kind of wish I didn't start with him first. He's my favorite character, I loved seeing his arc and his whole crew is awesome, i'm really gonna miss them as I explore new houses.
Use warp.
That would have been a good idea, what I ended up doing though was using my bow knights Ashe and Leonie to dip in and out with their brave bows to get some damage and barrier breaks on the beast since it didn't seem to follow me back once out of range then I just took out the mage behind it and destroyed all the barriers so I wouldn't need to be worried about being attacked after being reduced to 1 hp.

It was really round about and took quite a few turns to set up and execute but it worked out I suppose.

Shaqazooloo

Nintendo seems to have cooled down on the soundtrack for those that still want to listen. It's been easy finding battle themes at least.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm taking forever to finish my first playthrough, Golden Deers. Recruiting all the students was a mistake. There's too many support conversations.

Shaqazooloo

I'm taking forever to finish my first playthrough, Golden Deers. Recruiting all the students was a mistake. There's too many support conversations.
Took me 120 hours to finish my Blue Lions playthrough and I also recruited pretty much everybody. Supports take up a decent chuck of the game. I love going through them though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
kL7M31H.jpg

not sure if it needed censoring but I'm sure this offended somebody so eh
And now we wait 7 months for dlc!

Komatsu

kL7M31H.jpg

not sure if it needed censoring but I'm sure this offended somebody so eh
And now we wait 7 months for dlc!

Your meme game is strong, @Whataburger - where did you find this? LOL

I get a feeling this will be like Xeno 2 - by the time the DLC drops we'll need to play through the base game again to get our bearings.

Shantae

Banned
I kinda completely forgot about the expansion pass for this game...well since some new stuff came out today, I decided to finally buy it. Hopefully the rest of the DLC is worth it, because this wave 2 is a little lackluster sounding.

I've already completed 2 playthroughs of this game...Golden Deer, and Blue Lions so far.

It's actually weirder going into Black Eagles for a new playthrough now, after seeing what becomes of Edelgard. She doesn't come out looking very likable in either of those other two scenarios, so I guess I'm curious to find out what the hell her justification is after all this time I've put into this game. I'm not sure if I should go for the regular route, or "secret" route first with her though.

cabbage5k2

Update out now.

I like how the direct made no mention of this at all.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
For my Black Eagles playthrough, for those who have played it, would you recommend

doing the Church route, or Black Eagles route first? I can't decide what would be the better choice to do first.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Update out now.

It’s also been announced that Maddening Mode is now live in Fire Emblem: Three Houses via a free software update. Those who finish a game in this mode without carrying over your previous cleared save data will see that the title screen slightly changes.
This makes me not want to do the my second run in new game + mode.

Mihos

Gold Member
Update out now.

Is it just me, or does the dlc look kind of awful?

Maybe I was just spoiled by XC2

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is it just me, or does the dlc look kind of awful?

Maybe I was just spoiled by XC2
I think we are getting story DLC later on but I don’t except to be as good as Torna the Golden Country. Even so, the base game for Three Houses is pretty damn good.

Murr

For my Black Eagles playthrough, for those who have played it, would you recommend

doing the Church route, or Black Eagles route first? I can't decide what would be the better choice to do first.

Only thing i would recommend is to not play the Church Route and the Golden Deer route back to back.

ExpandKong

Banned
The ironic thing is that the new translation actually makes things sound too ambiguous. Before you knew what he was doing. Now she's all "He ties me to a chair. He trains me to be a good wife".

Yeah this.

Maybe...maybe this is what they wanted to do? Maybe they’re trying to darken it up a bit?

Should I even entertain such an idea in 2019?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this.

Maybe...maybe this is what they wanted to do? Maybe they’re trying to darken it up a bit?

The ironic thing is that the new translation actually makes things sound too ambiguous. Before you knew what he was doing. Now she's all "He ties me to a chair. He trains me to be a good wife".
No they are just being tards.

theclaw135

Banned
Yeah this.

I'm going to presume innocence. Until proven otherwise, I treat the new translation as being more literal to the Japanese script.

Top Bottom