• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Engage 'How to Use Engage Ring" trailer

NanaMiku

Nintendo Japan just released a new trailer for Fire Emblem Engage that explain how to use Engage Ring.

Each Engage Ring have diffferent past Fire Emblem character. Every character in FE Engage can use the ring and merged with the past character.
When you equip the ring, you synchronize with the past character and get status up and new skills.

You can also Engage (merge) with past character. You will get exclusive weapon and Engage Skill. There are also Engage Technique, a special move with special animation. Engage state only last three turns, but you can fill up a counter to use it again.

Each past character have special skill:
  • Sigurd: vast movement. overdrive skill: attack enemy in line while moving
  • Celica: Magic attack are split into two (50% each) so you can defeat two enemies that are almost dead. She has Warp Liner that can make her move to another place via warp.
  • Corrin: Can heal many unit at once. They can also use the Dragon Fang to attack enemies in line and give debuff.
  • Byleth: Can buff nearby party. Their engage techniques allow nearby party to move again and get buff.
  • Lyn: Can attack enemy relentlessly so they can't counter. Her engage tecnique allow her to fire arrow far away.
I still have one catalogue ticket in the Japanese eShop. I still can't decide to redeem it for FE Engage or Zelda ToTK

Kuranghi

I need advice on how to engage ring, I'm not a big anal sex guy. I'm not promoting generally, but if the ladies want that ass-action I'll provide it. Maybe more than they were hoping for tbh 😲

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Interesting. I like the idea of engaging with other party members. I rarely combined my units in previous entries. Just cause I could spread my party out better without it.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
FINALLY a game that teaches weaboos how to get engaged

Lovelyxcation-Anime-Wedding-Kiss.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
This looks amazing, like... Damn... how didn't this get more attention here? Maybe I could try and finish 3H before this comes out

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This looks amazing, like... Damn... how didn't this get more attention here? Maybe I could try and finish 3H before this comes out
This trailer may have sold me on the game. The animations are silky smooth. Wondering if it's 60 fps almost, but knowing Intelligent Design I'm skeptical. The main character looks a lot more tolerable as a woman, with the weird hair. I still really am not pleased with the level of excessive anime-ness they're going for here (and I like anime), and the guest characters feels like an attempt to appeal to mobile gamers - but the game is gorgeous. Best looking Fire Emblem probably ever.

I wonder what the gameplay loop looks like. I hope there's less wandering around a dumb school, and none of what I've seen gives me hope for the story. But it should be fun battles at least. Probably going to break down and get it.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
This trailer may have sold me on the game. The animations are silky smooth. Wondering if it's 60 fps almost, but knowing Intelligent Design I'm skeptical. The main character looks a lot more tolerable as a woman, with the weird hair. I still really am not pleased with the level of excessive anime-ness they're going for here (and I like anime), and the guest characters feels like an attempt to appeal to mobile gamers - but the game is gorgeous. Best looking Fire Emblem probably ever.

I wonder what the gameplay loop looks like. I hope there's less wandering around a dumb school, and none of what I've seen gives me hope for the story. But it should be fun battles at least. Probably going to break down and get it.
Wish they just let me have fights instead of interrupting me for stuff I don't care at all this time... Btw I don't the complaints about the hair, I think it looks cool, it at least not bad

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally really like the visuals and especially the animations and also don’t really mind how “anime” and colourful the game is. We already got two SRPG this year like Triangle Strategy and Tactics Ogre Reborn with more grounded tone, Its okay for this game be much more fantasy and colourful, I like variety in my games.

Top Bottom