• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fingers crossed stock is improving on next gen consoles in the UK!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just a heads up that PS5s were available at Argos in the UK today and stock was freely available for around 5 hours. much longer than the minutes that they've lasted in previous drops. I had two friends manage to grab one, with one of them managing to get one 5 hours after the stock went live.

Hopefully this is a sign that stock is both improving and some of the crazy demand from scalpers might be falling, allowing real gamers to get their hands on these next gen consoles.

It looks like Sony is really focusing a lot of stock to the UK which is amazing, and I expect another HUGE month for August. Keep your eyes out peeps and hopefully it might be easier to get hold of one. Just thought i'd give users the heads up, if they are looking. I got mine from Argos in the UK and the service was great.

Last edited:

Marty-McFly

Banned
Supply catching up to demand in the UK?

Sony must be shipping more consoles there over the summer months because PS5 was the lowest in NA NPD last month.

They will probably ship most of their consoles to NA during the holiday rush.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It sure is.

ZPb02Zy.jpg

Also fuck SonyGAF, y'all are a bunch of attack dogs.

Duchess

wouldn't get a PS5 right now. no games to play on it. if i can get a Series X then yeah i'll grab that.
There is so much wrong with this statement I just don't know where to start.

edit: Also, if PS5 "has no games" what the fuck does XSX have? I mean, that shit's heavily in debt right now, going by your metric.

Last edited:
PS5 is not that difficult to get in Europe. XSX is. Don't know if MS needs them all for the Xcloud servers, but it starts to piss me off that i can't find one since 2 months.

Haggard

Banned
I just sold my 6th PS5.
It really isn`t hard to come by one anymore. A simple subscription to one of the many alert-bots is enough to get one within 2-3 weeks.

Now graphics cards at or near MSRP, THAT is still impossible.

Umbasaborne

Banned
wouldn't get a PS5 right now. no games to play on it. if i can get a Series X then yeah i'll grab that.
No games? Ps5 has 4 more next gen exclusive titles than the xbox series does currently. I have both, and i use my series x more than my ps5, but come on, thats just a disingenuous argument

Ok, I'll bite. What console Xbox exclusives (even cross-gen) have released since the Series X released?

I count Flight Simulator which had its PC version ported to Series S|X recently. What else am I missing?

PlayStation has had
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax
Demon's Souls
Destruction All-Stars
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Returnal
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man Remastered
The Pathless

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Ok, I'll bite. What console Xbox exclusives (even cross-gen) have released since the Series X released?

I count Flight Simulator which had its PC version ported to Series S|X recently. What else am I missing?

PlayStation has had
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax
Demon's Souls
Destruction All-Stars
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Returnal
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man Remastered
The Pathless
God nobody was asking for any console warrior list wars shit... just accept his opinion and move on.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Like 6th post to shit on a positive PS5 thread? Kind of slow but then again the OP was made quite early.

Overall this is great news the more people getting their hands on these consoles the better

Improving in the UK? Like they need that. All I see is Sony selling lots of PS5 and games there, makes me think they prioritize UK over many other countries.

Amory

I just sold my 6th PS5.
It really isn`t hard to come by one anymore. A simple subscription to one of the many alert-bots is enough to get one within 2-3 weeks.

Now graphics cards at or near MSRP, THAT is still impossible.
I see people say this all the time, but it still seems real tough to me.

I follow alert bots, dedicated PS5 source twitter handles, even some youtube accounts, and I've spent hours on anticipated drop days refreshing and trying to add to cart the second it opens and...nothing. The supply is gone in less than a second, the sites still glitch out, and I can never get an order placed.

Maybe I'm missing some of the modern "strategy" or something, but I definitely haven't found it easy to get a console in the US and I'm actively trying.

anthony2690

Banned
Link? I think the scalping is overrated but that seems really small.
One of them guys that tell you the weekly UK sales mentioned that less than 2% of units are be scalped/resold.
Their posts are usually shared here weekly.
I assume they must be accurate or in the know as both gaf and era seem to share their posts each week. :p

Last edited:
yeah i managed to get one for my cousin from amazon earlier today. got the alert on my phone and had no problem ordering. next day delivery too.

I see people say this all the time, but it still seems real tough to me.

I follow alert bots, dedicated PS5 source twitter handles, even some youtube accounts, and I've spent hours on anticipated drop days refreshing and trying to add to cart the second it opens and...nothing. The supply is gone in less than a second, the sites still glitch out, and I can never get an order placed.

Maybe I'm missing some of the modern "strategy" or something, but I definitely haven't found it easy to get a console in the US and I'm actively trying.

most reliable places are amazon, game and very. any other places barely get any stock, so they out within minutes or even seconds sometimes. very seem to get a shitload of stock and they drip feed them too from 9am-1pm. i could have easily bought another one from there.

Top Bottom