• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally got a PS5!

I was gonna like the post, but didn’t want to ruin it
lnwDedh.jpg

Congrats yo welcome to the next gen club
ZtmYWVa.gif

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I didn't think it was that hard to get. I've gotten four of them and ended up selling them. And I wasn't even actively looking for one! Would just be on my computer or phone when availability popped up and would snag one, put it on craigslist and make some easy cash. But good for you. I would have sold you one for a shit ton over msrp ;)

.hacked

got an order in this morning for in store pick up at target, waiting for the order to update so I can go get it. Crossing my fingers

Reactions: TLZ

Drizzlehell

Banned
Congratulations friend! Make sure to check out that Astrobot game that comes free with the system. It's a fantastic trip down the nostalgia lane, and it's a pretty fun game too.

I'm waiting for some more games to come out for this thing, though, because whatever there was to play on it, I already did. The lineup is pretty slim so far but the backwards compatibility with PS4 is pretty great. My transition was more like a leap because I never had PS4 Pro so it's nice to revisit so many PS4 games and see them run so smoothly and in higher resolution.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So, I got lucky and received an email from Playstation to order a PS5. First one I got a few months ago went to my junk folder. I found it too late, and the link had expired. So, I ordered last Tuesday and received it Wednesday night. I sprung for the extra 5 bucks for express shipping.

Mother of God is this thing big! Going to have to drop some shelves to make it fit. Got some amazing black Friday deals and picked up Rachet and Clank, Ghost of Tsushima, Deathloop and Spiderman Miles Morales.

Fired up Rachet and Clank and wow is this game beautiful. Love the gameplay and insomniac really did a great job updating while staying true to the prior games. Controller handles great and love the sound and feedback.

Overall, I am very impressed!

30a1945b0ecfe654335e9d5d697bb4e8.gif

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm going to have to doubt this.

While it may be true in the future as of now there are at least 3 better consoles ever produced.

The hyperbole, doesn't really help.

You fell for the bait brother!

Let the person have their opinion....It could be wrong, but at least they are happy.

Legit thought this was gonna be a wholesome thread. Per usual it’s descending into some corny fanboy propaganda smh. This sites community is so disappointing and predictable

SilentUser

Congratulations! Such a marvelous video game console, I absolutely adore it! Dualsense is phenomenal, SSD is God send, the OS is snappy and very functional... and those games :messenger_smiling_hearts:

RAIDEN1

I am in the opposite camp, I will soon be receiving the Xbox Series X, brought it off e-bay from someone who didn't need it and was looking to build a gaming PC instead, even with stock alerts it was nigh on impossible to get one, I was even contemplating getting the One-X, but this "deal" came through..apart from Ratchet there isn't any other title on the PS5 that generates the same level of interest....in the meantime I am quite happy making the most of my PS4 Pro...which I brought a year ago, and soon to be viewing in glorious 4k Forza Horizon 5....and as a Halo fan the next BIG entry next week...its backward compatiabilty puts Sony's in the shade....I look forward to playing Sonic Racing Transformed at 60fps, that and the fact that some titles from yestyear have not been bettered to this day....ie MGS 2 and 3...and Peacewalker..as well as Burnout and Panzer Dragoon Orta none of which are avaible on Sony's beast to check out...

RGB'D

Welcome. Take your time playing through everything because there are some real gems (ratchet/Deathloop/Spiderman:MM) and some other worthwhile games (returnal) but as a PS5 owner for over a year it's been months since I picked mine up (played deathloop on PC). Luckily 2022 should hopefully fix some of that but I would take my time if I were you.

I tried it, I just can’t warm to the gameplay and long cutscenes…

Well I so also have Demo Souls and just bought TLOU2 off a sale. Then there's Ratchet which I will definitely play in the future. I'll make sure I'll platinum that one since I love Insomniac.

Jaysen

Banned
Target had them early this morning online for about 45 mins. Bought one and just picked it up. Now to find a friend who will let me sleep with his wife exchange for a PS5….and they also need to give me 550 bucks.

.hacked

Ugh wife says I have to save it for xmas….

least I got to set it up real quick and set it to download bunch of games, already filled up hdd so got a 1tb showing up in few hours from Amazon. Pop that sucker in, let everything download and then I’ll box it back up for Xmas.

waited this long to play it, another 3 weeks won’t kill me…

Vyse

Gold Member
Thanks for all of the suggestions and responses. Taking some time off of work for the holidays soon and expect to get some amazing red eyed gaming sessions! Happy holidays everyone!

So, I got lucky and received an email from Playstation to order a PS5. First one I got a few months ago went to my junk folder. I found it too late, and the link had expired. So, I ordered last Tuesday and received it Wednesday night. I sprung for the extra 5 bucks for express shipping.

Mother of God is this thing big! Going to have to drop some shelves to make it fit. Got some amazing black Friday deals and picked up Rachet and Clank, Ghost of Tsushima, Deathloop and Spiderman Miles Morales.

Fired up Rachet and Clank and wow is this game beautiful. Love the gameplay and insomniac really did a great job updating while staying true to the prior games. Controller handles great and love the sound and feedback.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Congratz! Just bought the Fanatec Gran Turismo wheel, but i still dont have a ps5 lmao (sold it at launch). Cant wait to play GT7, hope i can get a console before it launches

Last edited:

Just got one too. Whichever Gaffer reported that GameStop was going to drop them on Thanksgiving, cheers to you my friend 🥃

MiguelItUp

Yo, congrats! Stoked for anyone that wants thing and finally obtains thing. Especially when it's SO hard to get. Scalpers suck. :(

HF2014

Should have got a Xbox Series S, there is a 2 for 1 console special atm. 😉

No seriously, congratulation, i want one to to play Returnal, but there is none....

Top Bottom