• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Website

ZZZZ

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

world_art_01_pc.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

final-fantasy-xvi-world-map.jpeg

There's more info about the world, and a picture of the map, i recommend you check it out.

Edit : Everything makes a lot more sense now, when Clive is screaming for Ifrit to stop and that's my younger brother, it's safe to assume Ifrit is killing Joshua (Phoenix).

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm really interested in this. Last FF I was excited about was IX. Hopefully it will be announced for Windows soon.

Its already announced for PC.

You mean like a release date? I'm guessing its going to be 6 months to a year after it comes out on PS5. FFXV come to PC a little over a year after it was on PS4.

Mato

Its already announced for PC.

You mean like a release date? I'm guessing its going to be 6 months to a year after it comes out on PS5. FFXV come to PC a little over a year after it was on PS4.

Ouch, six months is a long time. I will have likely lost my interest by then. I'll just watch some brief playthrough and burn it out.

I think there will definitely be party members seeing as summons/eikons are relegated to one per character
If so then where are those party members? Traditionally SE shows party members before side characters/NPCs like Jousha and Jill here.

Last edited:
Why would you be glad about that? Does that make the game more enjoyable? If so, why? I am genuinely interested.

Yes it does. Exclusivity is important in every area of life. If everybody had Ferraris then nobody would aspire to have one. If there weren't limited pairs of exclusive sneakers then there would be no sneaker culture. It makes my purchase feel all the more worth it.

Hudo

Yes it does. Exclusivity is important in every area of life. If everybody had Ferraris then nobody would aspire to have one. If there weren't limited pairs of exclusive sneakers then there would be no sneaker culture. It makes my purchase feel all the more worth it.
Hmm, I see. Well then I hope the game is good as well. The "attractiveness" of being exclusive kinda wears off quite quickly if the game's not good.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
The art design is exactly the style i prefer for FF, close to final fantasy tactics or ivalice/vagrant story. The lore seem interesting, classic crystal/summons with a twist.
Hopefully the story will be more than a revenge against evil Efrit.

Last edited:

Hudo

Since my screenshot above has the menu text on top, here is the full artwork:

w6hzqik000w51.png

And here is the full version of what looks to be a great choice for the cover art:

596xgzgyzzv51.png
Hmm... I am more a fan of the classic FF approach to box art. You know, the Yoshitaka Amano logo on white background:

30380acc49a373927bd118wkww.png

But I take that art that you posted as box art over the horrendous box art of FF15...

Ixion

Hmm... I am more a fan of the classic FF approach to box art. You know, the Yoshitaka Amano logo on white background:

30380acc49a373927bd118wkww.png

But I take that art that you posted as box art over the horrendous box art of FF15...

I'm referring to the US/EU box art. I agree that the sole logo always looks great, but for the Western box art, the above art is a great choice IMO.

Wouldn't you rather have a first-party JRPG by SIE Japan? Why would you want a temporary third-party exclusive?

A first party, big budget JRPG from SIE would be great, but it seems like Sony has gave up on them long ago unfortunately. FF16 will probably be all we get for awhile for big budget JRPGS on PlayStation.

Hudo

A first party, big budget JRPG from SIE would be great, but it seems like Sony has gave up on them long ago unfortunately. FF16 will probably be all we get for awhile for big budget JRPGS on PlayStation.
Well, that and probably Atlus being idiots as usual with the next Persona game and only releasing that on PS5 as well(probably just when the PS6 is around the corner, lol).

Kimahri

Banned

Such an odd opinion to me. Lord of the Rings is one of the most read books in history, doesn't make any difference to the experience.
Same with say, original Star Wars, Jurassic Park, take your pic.

I guess I never cared about brands and "exclusivity".

Such an odd opinion to me. Lord of the Rings is one of the most read books in history, doesn't make any difference to the experience.

I don't understand your analogy.

Kimahri

Banned
I don't understand your analogy.

The things I mentioned are not bound by any form of exclusivity, they are available to everyone, it has no impact on how I feel about them.

Or to put it this way. If I buy an exclusive collector's edition of something, I'm happy I got it, I don't care how many else has it.

The things I mentioned are not bound by any form of exclusivity, they are available to everyone, it has no impact on how I feel about them.

Or to put it this way. If I buy an exclusive collector's edition of something, I'm happy I got it, I don't care how many else has it.

But if there was a special collectors edition which delved into hidden aspects of the franchise of which only 10,000 copies were printed it would.

Exclusivity gives consumers compelling reasons to own a particular product or service over the competition. That’s why Disney Plus is doing well. It offers movies that Netflix and Tubi don’t have. Imo, industries would be rather boring if everything was the same.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
But if there was a special collectors edition which delved into hidden aspects of the franchise of which only 10,000 copies were printed it would.

Not on the basis of that being exlusive. I would enjoy that content just as much if it was available to everyone.

Exclusivity gives consumers compelling reasons to own a particular product or service over the competition. That’s why Disney Plus is doing well. It offers movies that Netflix and Tubi don’t have. Imo, industries would be rather boring if everything was the same.

I know why they exist from the point of view of a platform holder, I'm trying to understand the mentality of being happy something is available to you, and not someone else.

If Disney+ and Netflix and all the others got combined into one I'd be happy. It sucks having so many services you have to choose from. I'd take everything in one place without blinking.

Top Bottom