• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Trogdor1123

Did you buy the full game at one point? I think if you've ever given them money you can't do the trial.

If not I found this from SE:
Nope, only did the beta before.

I was looking to try the game with the expanded demo but I can't try it. The PlayStation store says I already bought realm reborn but I can download it. What am I doing wrong?
Similar thing happened to me. Some months back there was an Online Starter edition promo that I wanted to try. I didn't realize there is a separate free demo that I started to download. I stopped and canceled mid download and try to download the Starter edition, but it told me I had already purchased it.

Spent a long time with PS support. The only solution was the purchase the full game.

Fuz

Banned
Similar thing happened to me. Some months back there was an Online Starter edition promo that I wanted to try. I didn't realize there is a separate free demo that I started to download. I stopped and canceled mid download and try to download the Starter edition, but it told me I had already purchased it.

Spent a long time with PS support. The only solution was the purchase the full game.
Japanese developers are always SHITTY, incompetent and draconian when it comes to those type of interfaces and account systems, and Square is no exception.

Even the fact that you need to have an active subscription/trial to download the game is beyond idiotic.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Man, I'm finding it difficult to HQ Craft around level 30's. Not sure if it's common or because of the equipment I have or I just suck at CP management (probably all 3).

Man, I'm finding it difficult to HQ Craft around level 30's. Not sure if it's common or because of the equipment I have or I just suck at CP management (probably all 3).
Just as in combat, equipping the appropriate level equipment makes a WORLD of difference. Try picking up some cheap equipment from the marketboard (or vendor, whichever is cheaper) to bolster your stats.

Yeah, it's best to just wait for this. There are no plots opening up right now because auto-demolition is turned off so house hunting is a fruitless endeavor at the moment.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The whole system needs to change.

I like the neighborhood idea. I think they should keep the existing ones. Since they can't seem to afford to expand it that quickly they should offer some sort of solo instanced housing for future houses though so more people can buy them.

Fuz

Banned
I like the neighborhood idea. I think they should keep the existing ones. Since they can't seem to afford to expand it that quickly they should offer some sort of solo instanced housing for future houses though so more people can buy them.
I played LotRO and they had the same identical neighborood system. Except the number of disctricts was infinite.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I played LotRO and they had the same identical neighborood system. Except the number of disctricts was infinite.

Yeah not sure why SE can't seem to afford the server space. I played LOTRO too and the playerbase was much smaller and didn't have a cash shop (at the time I played).

YukiOnna

Been trying to buy a house in Ragnarok the whole month and it's impossible lol.
I am glad my friend got us one in Exaclibur sometime back, lol.

Just as in combat, equipping the appropriate level equipment makes a WORLD of difference. Try picking up some cheap equipment from the marketboard (or vendor, whichever is cheaper) to bolster your stats.
Thanks. It made it much easier to get by since I kept treating it like DoL class.

Nehezir

Banned
OH! This is a thread i can beeline to!
pNUZUWq.jpg
I'm stationed on Mateus, something of an omnicrafter. If anyone needs something made, send me a DM.

Reactions: Fuz
Started into New Game+ mode with Heavensward. Hard to believe it's been 5 years since the release of that.

It's pretty wild to go back and do all this again. I don't actually remember most of it, because 5 years is a long time. However you can really see how the game has evolved through the years with the primitive stock animations used so heavily in HW and also the sparing use of voice acting. HW definitely has more voice work than ARR which was famously almost silent, but the amount of voiced content was very noticeably dramatically increased in both Stormblood and Shadowbringers.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Started into New Game+ mode with Heavensward. Hard to believe it's been 5 years since the release of that.

It's pretty wild to go back and do all this again. I don't actually remember most of it, because 5 years is a long time. However you can really see how the game has evolved through the years with the primitive stock animations used so heavily in HW and also the sparing use of voice acting. HW definitely has more voice work than ARR which was famously almost silent, but the amount of voiced content was very noticeably dramatically increased in both Stormblood and Shadowbringers.
The difference in Duties and Dungeons is pretty big too. WoL also got more expressive and involved in cutscenes, though I wish they wouldn't worry so much about keeping things neutral or offending a player in thinking that their character wouldn't do x action and just go ham when it comes to the main story.

Nehezir

Banned
as always, the market for lvl 80 diadem mats is shit within hours but the market for lvl 60 bracket is alright and I'm making bank off the stockpile of Titancopper and Titanium I have saved up.

Pretty much coasting with my 10 retainers from here. Saving up to snag either a medium house on mateus, or a pair of smalls for mateus and balmung.

Last edited:

Nehezir

Banned
it does take a shitload of persistence. but it's also designed to be intentionally exclusive.

Mateus has a population in the hundreds of thousands(admittedly a lot of them were just fuckalts from the time when we were Balmung's Waiting Room. But even with these new wards coming out, I'd struggle to think the total number of plots is gonna break 10k(and I'm too lazy/sleep-deprived to do the math). Even if it did, I doubt they can be able to keep up with demand. Regardless, whenever you make ANYTHING finite and your playerbase is this big+growing, you ensure there will be winners and losers.

That's before getting into the commonly-spoken talking points on this issue, like housing hogs, flippers, guys owning entire wards, etc. People complain about the process but at the end of the day, they were doomed the moment housing wasn't made instanced/unlimited.

Fuz

Banned
it does take a shitload of persistence. but it's also designed to be intentionally exclusive.

Mateus has a population in the hundreds of thousands(admittedly a lot of them were just fuckalts from the time when we were Balmung's Waiting Room. But even with these new wards coming out, I'd struggle to think the total number of plots is gonna break 10k(and I'm too lazy/sleep-deprived to do the math). Even if it did, I doubt they can be able to keep up with demand. Regardless, whenever you make ANYTHING finite and your playerbase is this big+growing, you ensure there will be winners and losers.

That's before getting into the commonly-spoken talking points on this issue, like housing hogs, flippers, guys owning entire wards, etc. People complain about the process but at the end of the day, they were doomed the moment housing wasn't made instanced/unlimited.
Allow me to quote myself.

Their design is IDIOTIC. Yes, they want to keep it "elite" - which is insanely stupid, especially considering how the game pushes against elitism in any other regard, and how game design evolved in the years (from "cream of the crop" to "everybody is equal").

I really want an house. But sure as hell I'm not gonna waste hours upon hours just sitting if front of a lot clicking a stupid sign in the hope of winning a lottery.

And let's not even talk about the prices.

The game is really great in every other regard, but this is completely idiotic and designed by a moron.

Nehezir

Banned
Allow me to quote myself.

Their design is IDIOTIC. Yes, they want to keep it "elite" - which is insanely stupid, especially considering how the game pushes against elitism in any other regard, and how game design evolved in the years (from "cream of the crop" to "everybody is equal").

I really want an house. But sure as hell I'm not gonna waste hours upon hours just sitting if front of a lot clicking a stupid sign in the hope of winning a lottery.

And let's not even talk about the prices.

The game is really great in every other regard, but this is completely idiotic and designed by a moron.
honestly? I mostly agree with this, except the price part and that the game pushes against elitism.

It's definitely become more accessible. but anyone whose blown 20m pentamelding(legit, I sold a damn FC with a small house and most of the money i made from it went straight to my pentamelds) their crafting gear so they can actually function as a crafter, or even the last-expansion experience of borderline having to level every single one of them just to do anything more complex than quick/autosynth at lvl cap. It's definitely improved over time on this front: each crafter is much more complete on it's own. but it's still a game where you have to meld quite a bit to do anything that isn't basic.

Also, I rake in like a million a day when I actually work(which is probably on the low end for people who try). Gil isn't actually that hard to come by but you have to have some basic setup to do it outside of just hitting your rouletes. Battle content's only really profitable for stuff like Eureka.

Nehezir

Banned
wake up exxxxxxxxxtra early on 5.35 then. best bet.

A lot of servers went down t o standard/preferred recently so hopefully they don't get gobbled up too swiftly. but I'm usually up overnight anyway.

Good news for the homeless:

At the release of Patch 5.35, wards 22 through 24 will be added to all residential districts. Subdivisions will also be available, resulting in a total of 180 new plots of land for each of the four districts. An apartment building will also be added to each of the new wards and subdivisions.
Still no date for 5.35, though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I have a 490 crafting set now. This is my first time having some crafters at cap and trying to do anything with them. I am seeing why people hate over melding their stuff. I have each slot over melded by one materia so I am down to 10% on the next level. This sucks.

I have a 490 crafting set now. This is my first time having some crafters at cap and trying to do anything with them. I am seeing why people hate over melding their stuff. I have each slot over melded by one materia so I am down to 10% on the next level. This sucks.
Yeah, that's why I don't bother with overmelding. The only advantage it provides is being able to reliably macro HQ crafts with NQ mats.

Otherwise, you can just use HQ mats. They usually aren't that much more expensive because most people who sell on the marketboard undercut each other to oblivion. Or just gather them yourself, of course.

Point is: you don't NEED to overmeld. Save your sanity.

Nehezir

Banned
it's pretty damn expensive. I think I blew 20m on mine back in 5.2? I'll just slowly farm the materia for that.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yeah, that's why I don't bother with overmelding. The only advantage it provides is being able to reliably macro HQ crafts with NQ mats.

Otherwise, you can just use HQ mats. They usually aren't that much more expensive because most people who sell on the marketboard undercut each other to oblivion. Or just gather them yourself, of course.

Point is: you don't NEED to overmeld. Save your sanity.

Ahh didn't know it was optional for high end stuff. The first extra one wasn't too bad. I'll just leave it at that and toss some extra tries into it if I come across some spare materia.

Is the 490 stuff the top gear until next expansion?

Ahh didn't know it was optional for high end stuff. The first extra one wasn't too bad. I'll just leave it at that and toss some extra tries into it if I come across some spare materia.

It's the top crafted gear for the expansion, but there will be artifact (blue) crafting/gathering gear that people can buy with scrip coming in .4 or .5 (I forget which). But since you have the crafted gear, you don't have to worry about those.
There are also the new Skysteel Tools this expansion, which will almost certainly be better than the 490 gear when they're fully upgraded. Not sure when that will be, though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
It's the top crafted gear for the expansion, but there will be artifact (blue) crafting/gathering gear that people can buy with scrip coming in .4 or .5 (I forget which). But since you have the crafted gear, you don't have to worry about those.
There are also the new Skysteel Tools this expansion, which will almost certainly be better than the 490 gear when they're fully upgraded. Not sure when that will be, though.

Cool I'll keep an eye on the Skysteel stuff. I saw right now they are lower then the 490 stuff so I haven't bothered with them yet. Might get a few of them ready for the next step.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I stopped bothering with housing in this game. The fact a house can be lost if you take a break from the game is extremely off putting. I'll stick with my apartment. It's more than enough for me.

Reactions: Fuz

Nehezir

Banned

right now I run pretty comfy melds with the 470 MH and OH and it's pretty easy to 100% with just like...I think 5-8k starting quality in mats?
Definitely make sure you cap your CP(basically meld it as high as you can)and make sure you have enough stats to run the recipe to begin with.

use https://ffxivteamcraft.com/simulator to try things out. not only can you make macros tailored to your stats, but it's just good for having a quick way to experiment.

Fuz

Banned
The fact a house can be lost if you take a break from the game is extremely off putting.
Oh.
That's the reason I stopped LotRO forever. Really stupid policy, not having that would have me kept going back in playing the game.

Nehezir

Banned
housing not expiring works in systems with infinite/overabundant supply, not deliberately finite ones with intentional scarcity.

5.35 confirmed for October 13th
5.4 aiming for December

Still plenty of time to finish up Yokai, and a few more weeks until the Bozja grind. Get those Resistance artifacts ready!

Last edited:

Nehezir

Banned
Just wake up at 5am CST and rush to your designated battleground @_@

I was birthed for this. Now where's my poopsock.

I was really hyped when I saw that BLU was getting increased to 70 already, but I always forget that these patches are staggered now (for some reason I always think back to ARR/HW patch days when it all came at once). So the BLU update will probably be in February at the earliest, given the COVID delays.
Still, I'm both hyped for and terrified of the prospect of BLUCOB. :messenger_hushed:

As for Bozja, I completely forgot that they're also making it a leveling area since there's no Deep Dungeon in ShB (ugh)... so I geared up my alt jobs for nothing this past week lol. Really hope that ilvl430 sync doesn't carry over into the second Bozja area...

Top Bottom