• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Valonquar

On Aether. I think I might try to get a clear or two this weekend since it's a 3 day weekend. Got sidetracked finishing off crafters/gathers to 80. 80 in all the things now so... yay?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been having a blast with the Blue Mage. I love collecting the monster moves, and I especially love that regular enemies give me tons of EXP (like dungeon enemies do on other jobs). I've got a pretty solid combo set up now with 1,000 needles, mind blast, then water cannon - which can usually kill non-agro enemies about 7-8 levels higher than me in about 3-4 moves.

I wish I could play as a blue mage in my regular dungeon roulette, but I understand they don't want people coming in with a super goofy / broken skill loadout - or no skills at all.

I've been having a blast with the Blue Mage. I love collecting the monster moves, and I especially love that regular enemies give me tons of EXP (like dungeon enemies do on other jobs). I've got a pretty solid combo set up now with 1,000 needles, mind blast, then water cannon - which can usually kill non-agro enemies about 7-8 levels higher than me in about 3-4 moves.

I wish I could play as a blue mage in my regular dungeon roulette, but I understand they don't want people coming in with a super goofy / broken skill loadout - or no skills at all.
Blue Mage is indeed awesome, and I'm glad you understand why it wouldn't fit into the standard trinity mold of the game. Unfortunately, a lot of players still can't seem to wrap their heads around that fact, or are still caught up on the single instance that SE said it would be a solo job (which was specifically in regard to the Masked Carnivale). But I digress - it's great fun to level and play. Enjoy it!

Also, the next month should provide some good fun with full-BLU Heavensward raids for the Moogle Tomestone event.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
New raid fights are fun. I found the story a little boring.
I also liked the Ruby Weapon fight.

Between the gathering dailies and the fishing boat thing level is really quick. I've taken my fisher from 71 to 77 in 2 days without much effort.

royox

Why is this song so goddamned good though

The boss itself is PERFECTION

>When she swaps from Ice to Light you have to stop looking at her cause she blinds with light
>When she swaps to Ice again she freezes the arena
>Using Ravana skills
>Summoning Rhaesvelgr in Savage mode
>the Phase change begins with the kick Hydaelyn used against Zodiark to split the reality in 14 shards
>There are 14 shards scattered in the inter-phase after the kick
>Lyric is about the suffering of Ryne
>Music totally in Sync with the "Gaia moment"

The level of detail in this fight is insane.
It's hard to believe it's not even the final boss of this story omg. Expecting Ultimecia for Final tier boss.

Bonus track: Dragonsong starts when Ryne asks WoL about Shiva. For God's sake my feels.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Honest question - am I supposed to care about Alphinaud? He's such a little shit.

When the average player can't beat Thunder God in Orbonne Monastery...
The following changes have been made to the battle with the Thunder God in the Orbonne Monastery.
  • The damage dealt when Shadowblade domes overlap has been reduced.
  • The duration of the Bleeding debuff applied by Shadowblade has been reduced.
  • The damage dealt when too few players are standing on the Duskblade circle has been reduced.
  • The potency of the Burst attack used by the icewolves has been reduced.
  • The effect of the Vulnerability Up debuff has been weakened.
thumb.jpg

Seriously though, TG was one of the very few genuinely difficult 24-man bosses in the game. Very disappointed to see him reduced to yet another alliance raid boss where you can essentially just roll your face across the keyboard. This does not bode well for the rest of the Nier raid series. /rant

On a lighter note, the new Diadem is pretty relaxing. Lots of new stuff to buy at the Firmament too.

Last edited:

Thabass

Honest question - am I supposed to care about Alphinaud? He's such a little shit.

Yeah, in Heavensward and beyond he is a much better companion, but Alisae is far and away the best of the two to this day. But, Alphinaud is indeed a lot better than he's been. Shadowbringers gives him a pretty nice arch too. His interactions with the people of Kholusia has been pretty enjoyable. Especially post Shadowbringer's main story.

Last edited:

John Day

On the road to 80 and SH msq with my DNC, but couldn’t help it and made a new character to relive the early stories. So fast to lvl now 🤣

Took 11th place with Armorer in the Saint of the Firmament rankings for my sever. Woooo!
Nice, congrats!
My server is one of the top 3 crafting servers in NA so I had no chance of getting top 12 unless I completely no-lifed it. 😅 Maybe I'll have a chance in the 5th or so ranking season lol

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They need to release the new relic quests already. I'm running out of old savage content to farm for glams.

I've barely played for months now. The new relics are out Tuesday.

It really stinks they are dragging their ass with relics this expansion. From what I remember reading this is just a quicker intro step.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
From what I read the relic step released today is just a solo instance that is really easy. The whole relic takes about an hour to get and a lot of it is cutscenes. I’m going to cancel my sub for awhile. They have really half assed the post expansion content and there’s not much to do anymore.

Last edited:

royox

From what I read the relic step released today is just a solo instance that is really easy. The whole relic takes about an hour to get and a lot of it is cutscenes. I’m going to cancel my sub for awhile. They have really half assed the post expansion content and there’s not much to do anymore.

Where do you get the quest to start?

Till 4.3 I think I will try to complete the last level of Eureka, never seen the raid and have the relic at the last last step :)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Last edited:
Yep, it's just the introductory step for battle relics. There's also the dyeable AF gear, obtainable through a new EX trial that is easier than Ruby EX.

Crafting/Gathering relics, on the other hand have 2 steps of upgrades. Currently grinding out the Botanist gear and it seems like it'll take some time for each tool.

So yeah, not a lot for casuals or raiders in 5.25 but another good update for DoH/DoL, who rarely (if ever?) have truly new content in post expansion. Hard to get upset about that.

royox

Loved the quest with all Cid past story and the dungeon, starting the Weapon Quest. Love that is ilvl485 so My GNB will go from 460 to 485 lol

Do you raid?
Do you craft?
I never have enough time to any of the things I want.

Also you complaining about the relic is funny when the patch notes straight up say

Resistance weapons can be enhanced further by completing the story quests that will be added in future patches. Please note that enhancing these weapons may require players to invest a significant amount of time.

You'll get your relic grind at the next step. This is just to get people hooked. The first hit's always free.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Do you raid?
Do you craft?
I never have enough time to any of the things I want.

Also you complaining about the relic is funny when the patch notes straight up say

You'll get your relic grind at the next step. This is just to get people hooked. The first hit's always free.

I don’t raid. I’ve been crafting a little bit, but don’t like spending tons of time on it. I’ve never been a huge crafter in MMOs. I do have a few jobs maxed along with all the gathering jobs. I’ve messed around with some of the new Ishgard stuff.

My problem with the relic is we got some beefy steps in the .15 patch in HW. In SB we got Anemos in .25. It had its issues but did contain a decent amount of content. This expansion the relic really isn’t starting until .35 since they really haven’t given us much of anything yet. Each expansion it seems to hit later and later.

Valonquar

The next mini instance for the relic was fun. Did the relic for Armorer. The new EX fight has no mount drop at all, just dyed AF armor that is iLVL 480. It's definitely a weak patch, but it's also 3 days til FFVIIR so I'm not too bothered.

Well the endgame in FFXIV has been raiding or crafting since ARR relaunch.

Relic was always meant to be a side thing, to keep you busy in between raiding and crafting. That's why it's such a soul-crushing grind, that is it's intended purpose. It's also why I'll never do a relic to the final stage, I don't have enough spare time to do actual things I want to do in FFXIV.

Kumomeme

this is just first part

second part on 5.35 there will be option for relic weapon enchancement which is will be not easy as this...certain grinding and stuff might return....its iLV 485 though..next part we probably gonna upgrade it to lv500

thats said, it pretty generous for them to give 5 slot weapon that easy..and they also take account to complain that relic weapon quest always too grindy

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So, with the quarantine I thought to get back and play FFXIV again, I saw all the expansions are 50% off and bought Shadowbringers.

I've registered their code buuuuuuut... is there something wrong or buying the expansion does NOT give you a month of subscription? DO I have to spend more money to play them?
K8Tdx.gif

Edit: Asked on Reddit too and they've super fast: NOPE, no game time, it's a giant fuck you. And I also can't start downloading the game before I buy game time. And I'm quarantined in my parents' house in the countryside with shitty internet that will take (paid) days to download the 60+ GBs.

Fucking japanese devs.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
MMOs normally only provide a month of time with the initial purchase of the base game. Expansions don't typically include any time. It does stink you can't update your game until you start your sub.

Kumomeme

So, with the quarantine I thought to get back and play FFXIV again, I saw all the expansions are 50% off and bought Shadowbringers.

I've registered their code buuuuuuut... is there something wrong or buying the expansion does NOT give you a month of subscription? DO I have to spend more money to play them?
K8Tdx.gif

Edit: Asked on Reddit too and they've super fast: NOPE, no game time, it's a giant fuck you. And I also can't start downloading the game before I buy game time. And I'm quarantined in my parents' house in the countryside with shitty internet that will take (paid) days to download the 60+ GBs.

Fucking japanese devs.
dont blame them...the free month subs only when you buy the game for first time

Fuz

Banned
MMOs normally only provide a month of time with the initial purchase of the base game. Expansions don't typically include any time.
All LotRO and WoW expansions I bought had 1 month of game time.
But anyway, AT LEAST let me download the friggin' game before.

Last edited:

Amaranty

The game with expansions are currently on sale on PSN store. How is the end game content for a console player? Is it possible to do raids with pubs or do you need a guild with voice chat? I understand that the game doesn't have in game voice chat, so I would have to rely on Discord on PC or mobile?

The game with expansions are currently on sale on PSN store. How is the end game content for a console player? Is it possible to do raids with pubs or do you need a guild with voice chat? I understand that the game doesn't have in game voice chat, so I would have to rely on Discord on PC or mobile?
The game plays perfectly with a controller, so nothing is out of reach for a console player. The only downside to playing on console is the lower framerate and longer load times. As for voice, most people use Discord, yes. But voice is not typically necessary unless you're doing the hardest content in the game (Extreme + Savage difficulty).

Zenaku

The game plays perfectly with a controller, so nothing is out of reach for a console player. The only downside to playing on console is the lower framerate and longer load times. As for voice, most people use Discord, yes. But voice is not typically necessary unless you're doing the hardest content in the game (Extreme + Savage difficulty).
Can't do the hardest content without friends anyway. I'd like to do the Bahamut coils for the story but with it not being on the duty rotations it'll take a while.

Last edited:
Can't do the hardest content without friends anyway. I'd like to do the Bahamut coils for the story but with it not being on the duty rotations it'll take a while.
If you're 80 you can solo all of the Coils at this point. Turn 9 will present some difficulty in dealing with a specific mechanic, but they're all doable!

Also, it's not necessarily true that you can't do hard content without friends... but friends are certainly a better option than pugging it lol

Mokrawr

Banned
I have to say that I love FFXIV, it’s a game that has genuinely uplifted me and helped me with my struggles.
Speaking of Shadowbringers, when I play it with friends in it, I feel supported and uplifted in unique ways.
I smile every time a friend’s character dotes on, blows kisses to, ora gives a big hug to mine. It’s a small thing, but doing these actions through your fictional character makes it a little easier to be vulnerable and affectionate, especially during these times of fear. I am a little less scared of the world when I hug my best friend who lives in another country because, although my character is a fictional avatar, she is still an extension of me.
I am giddy every time a friend of mine crafts an outfit I wanted because I know they took the time and resources to make me happy. I am uplifted by the sense of community and achievement when I hop into new content with other players and we figure out how to win a battle, earn FFXIV Gil (well, you can buy FFXIV Gil at ssegold.com sometimes) or experience a beautiful new dungeon or raid together.
So if you like FFXIV as I do, I suggest you try new job classes and allow yourself to get swept away by the adventure. MMOPRGs are intimidating, but as long as you’re kind, you’ll receive kindness in return. Final Fantasy XIV offers spectacle, cool player events, tough boss fights, and more. Soak it all in and embrace the chance to really grow, not just as a Dragoon but as a person.

Zenaku

If you're 80 you can solo all of the Coils at this point. Turn 9 will present some difficulty in dealing with a specific mechanic, but they're all doable!

Also, it's not necessarily true that you can't do hard content without friends... but friends are certainly a better option than pugging it lol
Honestly, I knew you could do duties without a full party but I didn't know you could do them solo that way.

Made my way through the coils, but got stuck on 2-4. Can get to the 3rd phase but can't get rid of enough meteors to prevent the big damage after mega flare.

Might have to look for some guys on party finder when I have a chance.

Last edited:

royox

Live Letter happening now.
WSiOwlZ.png

ARR will be doable without wanting to kill yourself from lvl50 to heavensward.

Also:
-Old trials will be sync at lvl80 "by seasons".
-FLYING IN ARR
-New "eureka like" zone for Relic Weapons and armor.
-Relic weapons for crafters.
-More Ishgard
-New beast tribe quests, Dwarves for crafting.

Is still on:

Fuz

Banned
I've finished ARR yesterday night. Was really surprised when the game warned me about the lenght of the cutscenes.
2Rce3.gif

Anyway, I was told the game and its story were good, but I wasn't imagining for the writing to be *this* good. Fantastic game.

It's easily the best FF since IX.

royox

I've finished ARR yesterday night. Was really surprised when the game warned me about the lenght of the cutscenes.
2Rce3.gif

Anyway, I was told the game and its story were good, but I wasn't imagining for the writing to be *this* good. Fantastic game.

It's easily the best FF since IX.

YOU.HAVEN'T.SEEN.ANYTHING

In heavensward it's when the storytelling will start to shine as one of the best FF games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom