• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

He says they're trying to add a new Data Center to NA. For the love of God I hope it's an NA East server. It sucks having the same ping for NA and EU servers
Is the Regalia not part of the Gold Saucer event this year? Or is it coming at a later time?
They're re-running the FFXV event in September I think. Just make sure you have 200k MGP left over after Make It Rain is done so you can buy it immediately.

Last edited:

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
He says they're trying to add a new Data Center to NA. For the love of God I hope it's an NA East server. It sucks having the same ping for NA and EU servers

They're re-running the FFXV event in September I think. Just make sure you have 200k MGP left over after Make It Rain is done so you can buy it immediately.
Thanks, I'll save what I have then. I don't play GS too much but I have enough to grab it when it does come out. Cheers!

For future reference, here's the roadmap they revealed during the 14-hour broadcast
chrome_2021-07-10_11-27-30.jpg

I'm going to resubscribe on the very last day of Make It Rain (8/11) so I can get the Vexed emote, as well as be able to participate in Moonfire and The Rising. 3 events for one month's sub sounds good to me!

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m a lv 80 dragoon and my soul crystal is ilv 30. Is it possible to get a better one or level it up?
Otherwise my current ilvl is 513 and doesn't seem to be affected by the soul crystal.

Last edited:

royox

My wait times to get into Coeurl are only like 20 seconds. But apparently some servers are getting absolutely ass blasted?

In my server (Ragnarok, chaos, EU) at our 19h we start getting +200 ppl queues. Last Weekend our servers went down and the lag to the skies.

I’m a lv 80 dragoon and my soul crystal is ilv 30. Is it possible to get a better one or level it up?
Otherwise my current ilvl is 513 and doesn't seem to be affected by the soul crystal.

as far as I know, there's no way to level up your soul crystal. but I also think it's not really counted into your ilvl, so there's no need to worry about it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Started the Ivalice questline yesterday. The only other Alliance raid I had done wad Crystal Tower. This is such a huge increase in production quality from that. The bosses aren't total pushovers but aren't hair pulling either. The story and Tactics/XII music are on point. Good stuff.

royox

Started the Ivalice questline yesterday. The only other Alliance raid I had done wad Crystal Tower. This is such a huge increase in production quality from that. The bosses aren't total pushovers but aren't hair pulling either. The story and Tactics/XII music are on point. Good stuff.

:O why did you skip the lvl60 ones? They are top tier in the game.

Sub_Level

:O why did you skip the lvl60 ones? They are top tier in the game.
Will have to do those as well. Only reason I even bothered with Ivalice is because its required to start the whole relic weapon thing (I know its a long process, probably won't do every upgrade I just wanted somethin chill to do after work). Glad its a prerequisite cuz its been fantastic; even the little wine fetch quest they throw in to waste your time was funny.

just found out that Max from the Maximilian Dood channel is back in XIV as well. it's pretty funny seeing someone who came back after such a long time who also happens to be an addict of XI. hopefully he has a good time.

just found out that Max from the Maximilian Dood channel is back in XIV as well. it's pretty funny seeing someone who came back after such a long time who also happens to be an addict of XI. hopefully he has a good time.
star wars GIF

He used to be a GAF member, but then he dropped the n-word in a stream and a lot of people attacked him for it (this was pre-Era GAF), even though he was very apologetic about it. But it seems he's doing fine now so good for him. :)

star wars GIF

He used to be a GAF member, but then he dropped the n-word in a stream and a lot of people attacked him for it (this was pre-Era GAF), even though he was very apologetic about it. But it seems he's doing fine now so good for him. :)

I'm glad he's doing well these days too. he's also a new father and taking care of his daughter (well, it's mostly his wife but still) while also streaming so regularly must not be easy.

Sub_Level

Finished all main story quests. Been working on relic weapon.

This is a looooooooooooooooooooooong process. Dunno if I will do every single step. But I'm fine with the grind for now since I'm building towards a full Cryptlurker armor set, which will take weeks.

Finished all main story quests. Been working on relic weapon.

This is a looooooooooooooooooooooong process. Dunno if I will do every single step. But I'm fine with the grind for now since I'm building towards a full Cryptlurker armor set, which will take weeks.
How do you get the Cryptlurker set? Tomestone vendor in Eulmore?

If so, that FATE grind has been very un-fun.

Sub_Level

How do you get the Cryptlurker set? Tomestone vendor in Eulmore?

If so, that FATE grind has been very un-fun.

Yeah, in exchange for Revelations. The ones with the 900 weekly cap. I just been doing dailies after work which has actually been fun. And you can get an extra 15 from doing some quick Pixie beast tribe stuff.

And yes the Heavensward FATE farming is lame but I'll take the 100% drop rate over Bozja. 26/60 done so far.

Kumomeme

Soken reveal what kind of instrument he use when he making soundtrack

thanks to this now i cant remove the image of Soken playing with ramen cup everytime i go to costa del sol lol

been getting lag spikes the last... 3+ weeks now. I tried rebooting the modem and router. even changed the DNS setting and stuff, but still getting them. any suggestion? XIV is the only game I'm getting these lag spikes too. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Banri Oda (the main scenario writer for XIV... aka THE lore guy) had a Q&A hosted by 4Gamer with some unorthodox questions that led to some pretty interesting answers

One interesting answer is the reason why corrupted crystals are orange, of all colors... (Coils of Bahamut spoilers)it's because of Phoenix's aether being spread throughout the land!

Also, it's no surprise that Heavensward was heavily inspired by A Song of Ice & Fire, among other works like the Bible and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Quite the gamut for inspiration lol

YukiOnna

Banri Oda (the main scenario writer for XIV... aka THE lore guy) had a Q&A hosted by 4Gamer with some unorthodox questions that led to some pretty interesting answers

One interesting answer is the reason why corrupted crystals are orange, of all colors... (Coils of Bahamut spoilers)it's because of Phoenix's aether being spread throughout the land!

Also, it's no surprise that Heavensward was heavily inspired by A Song of Ice & Fire, among other works like the Bible and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Quite the gamut for inspiration lol
Very good interview. I'm waiting for the Namazu Picture Book to open up for pre-order, it was written by Banri Oda as well.

Cruise Chaser mount is now on the Online Store for $30...

It was datamined months ago, but the source was never known until today. People were speculating that it was the Triple Triad mount at first, then the new PvP season reward, and lastly the new Ultimate reward that was held back because it was delayed... I don't think anyone would have guessed that they were going to slap it on the Online Store. Naturally, a lot of people are justifiably upset about it. It should have been earned in-game.

Edit: To clarify: Online Store mounts are, up until yesterday, supposed to be UNIQUE. Meaning: they're not found anywhere else in-game. The Spriggan mount is completely unique. The Peacock mount is completely unique. Even the Chocobo Carriage mount is unique (AFAIK it's not the same model used by NPCs).
Cruise Chaser, on the other hand, is NOT unique - it's a raid boss model from 2015 that you actually mount as a mechanic during the raid. I guess the "unique" part of the Store Cruise Chaser is that it can only mount 2 players, as opposed to 8 in the raid...

But I digress - nothing will be done about this. At most, we'll get a half-hearted apology about doing better "next time", like when they gave out the 1.0 prestige earrings years ago lol. But I expect silence.

Edit2: Despite my complaining, I still bought it because I've wanted CC as a mount for years. I am part of the problem.
4ncBn4V.png

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah that one should be an achievement. Personally I wouldn't buy it as it has low value in comparison to the Lunar Whale which it was good to get while it was discounted for about $37.

$30 for a 2 seater or $37(now $42) for an 8 seater.

The CC seems like an easy pass. After the Lunar Whale you could say any mount is a pass since that's all you will need for HUNT groups.

Valonquar

Overall just glad it isn't another Feast related thing I'd never get. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have made this a reward from Alex Ult or something though.

YukiOnna

Overall just glad it isn't another Feast related thing I'd never get. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have made this a reward from Alex Ult or something though.
But thank god they didn't because I'm not touching Ultimates lmao

I get why people are upset but Mecha... I need it...

a very good analyze of XIV IMO.

also, people seem to forget that Square Enix is still just a company out to make money. I would love for them to put everything ingame to earn, but as much as I hate cash shop as a whole, it's here to stay. I'm fine with them putting stuff like the Cruise Chaser. and as long as the stuff they put on the shop isn't game breaking, I'll be fine with the shop itself too.

Sub_Level

This weekend I did the Alexander raids. They were way too easy, yeesh. The last third was the only one to put up any sort of fight. I understand there's Savage versions, tho, so I may try those.

The Omega raids are proving to be much more satisfying. Still easy but more involved & interactive. The FFVI fanservice was done rather tastefully, I felt.

This weekend I did the Alexander raids. They were way too easy, yeesh. The last third was the only one to put up any sort of fight. I understand there's Savage versions, tho, so I may try those.

The Omega raids are proving to be much more satisfying. Still easy but more involved & interactive. The FFVI fanservice was done rather tastefully, I felt.
The thing about content in this game is that it gets progressively easier as time goes on due to item level creep. Therefore, the first two wings of each raid series are easy by the end of its respective expansion because everyone's gear is synced at a MUCH higher item level than originally intended (in Alexander's case, you're synced down to ilvl 270, while the first two wings are designed for 150 & 200 respectively). That's why the Crystal Tower raids are a joke as well. The third Alexander wing is closer to the original intended experience because it was designed for 230, but is still fairly easy in comparison to what it used to be when it was new/relevant.

If you want to experience the Normal raids with some difficulty, you can start or join a Party Finder for a minimum ilevel / no echo run, but most people just don't bother with that unfortuntely because they just want to get on with the story lol

As for Savage, they're still VERY difficult synced so you need to use PF. Duty Finder groups will not be able to clear most of Alexander Savage synced... but you can certainly try.

Valonquar

ujqv9TC.jpg

I suspect a number of things will get marginally less faceroll when they do the damage adjustment. They'll have to add higher echo to a lot of things to compensate.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

The thing about content in this game is that it gets progressively easier as time goes on due to item level creep. Therefore, the first two wings of each raid series are easy by the end of its respective expansion because everyone's gear is synced at a MUCH higher item level than originally intended (in Alexander's case, you're synced down to ilvl 270, while the first two wings are designed for 150 & 200 respectively). That's why the Crystal Tower raids are a joke as well. The third Alexander wing is closer to the original intended experience because it was designed for 230, but is still fairly easy in comparison to what it used to be when it was new/relevant.

If you want to experience the Normal raids with some difficulty, you can start or join a Party Finder for a minimum ilevel / no echo run, but most people just don't bother with that unfortuntely because they just want to get on with the story lol

As for Savage, they're still VERY difficult synced so you need to use PF. Duty Finder groups will not be able to clear most of Alexander Savage synced... but you can certainly try.

Seems like its a Goldilocks situation. Porridge too cold on Normal but too hot on Savage (for a rando group anyway). The solution is I'll have to do these things when they're new.

At least the third tier is mostly balanced if I'm reading your post right. Killed Chaos last night in Omega 9 and it was a great boss. I only know one thing: our party killed chaos. When we queued up for the raid it was to find and kill chaos. Chaos was waiting there.

Valonquar

I've seen plenty of fully geared level 80 PUGs fail HARD at unsynced Alex 12 Savage, Omega 12 Savage. The instant death mechs are still a thing. At least usually if people stick around it gets done, but far too many people expect to queue into free mounts.

Sub_Level

I've seen plenty of fully geared level 80 PUGs fail HARD at unsynced Alex 12 Savage, Omega 12 Savage. The instant death mechs are still a thing. At least usually if people stick around it gets done, but far too many people expect to queue into free mounts.

I'm 100% fine with wiping multiple times. Its the only time I interact with other players beyond "hello" so its kinda refreshing even if its antagonistic.

royox

I'm 100% fine with wiping multiple times. Its the only time I interact with other players beyond "hello" so its kinda refreshing even if its antagonistic.
The most i talk with randoms these days is when the alliance raid roulette is IVALICE and there's a lot of new people. My gosh.

Sub_Level

The most i talk with randoms these days is when the alliance raid roulette is IVALICE and there's a lot of new people. My gosh.

lol in my first playthrough of Rabanastre I ended up fighting the first boss without realizing literally everyone else had somehow already died. When I glanced at the chat it was like

"really dude?"

"JUST WIPE."

"[player] slapped you"

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

So I looked up short guides for the Lighthouse & Monastery before doing those. I always go in blind but for Alliance raids I understand I can kinda fuck things up as one of the only 3 tanks so I figured its better to read up a little. Came in handy, the Monastery has some crazy mechanics (in a good way).

So I looked up short guides for the Lighthouse & Monastery before doing those. I always go in blind but for Alliance raids I understand I can kinda fuck things up as one of the only 3 tanks so I figured its better to read up a little. Came in handy, the Monastery has some crazy mechanics (in a good way).
Yeah, as a tank, I find it to be a good idea to be as prepared as you can be for Alliance raids. But on day 1 of new raids, there's only so much you can do... so prepare for lots of death and wipes!
Oh good... a parasol I'll use exactly once and prisms that eat up more precious inventory space...

On the subject of inventory space, I need to do some serious cleaning prior to Endwalker. So many crafting materials...

Last edited:

Kumomeme

On the subject of inventory space, I need to do some serious cleaning prior to Endwalker. So many crafting materials...
my inventory full of junk since ARR lol and it started getting worse once i get into crafting. recently i started to clean those things..watching tons of empty slot in inventory did give me peace in mind.

Last edited:

Valonquar

lol in my first playthrough of Rabanastre I ended up fighting the first boss without realizing literally everyone else had somehow already died. When I glanced at the chat it was like

"really dude?"

"JUST WIPE."

"[player] slapped you"
I've soloed the math robot from like 45% HP in the 2nd FFXII\FFT raid a bunch on tank after everyone else died. Some people complain, others are impressed. I'd rather tank it solo for 10 mins than wipe on it twice in 25.

I have 399 minions and goddamn 9S won't drop, and when he does drop I roll single digits.

Last edited:

Valonquar

I'm so far down the rabbit hole at this point I forget if I enjoy the game or not.
I have 400 minions now though! Just 3 Ocean Fishing ones and 2 from Feast left. Yeah...shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom