• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV launching this Summer, third beta (PC/PS3) in June [Up: New Info]

ebil

Can't wait! Been playing a bunch of FFXI lately so it'll be nice to jump right into 14.

I stopped playing in the alpha/beta to stop myself from getting bored from overplaying the content, but I'd like to hop back in for Phase 3 to see my old character back in action.

I'm torn on whether I want to make an all new character or keep playing my old one. I wish Square didn't charge per character so I can go back and experience all the low level content at the appropriate level.
They won't charge per character anymore. If you're a Legacy player, you'll be able to make up to 40 characters (up to 8 characters per server).

Just wondering, have they ever said that XIV Reborn is a new $40-$60 game? It would kind of suck if previous owners who bought XIV had to rebuy the game.

Aside from being a free upgrade to those who bought the original version, new copies of the game are listed as $30 for PC and $40 for PS3 on Amazon. It has been like that for quite a while plus Amazon has it listed with the pre-order price guarantee so I'd say it's official.

ebil

so when does the ps3 retail disc come out? will it even be worth it?
Same time as PC version. Last time we saw PS3 footage, it didn't look too hot, but it's supposedly further optimized now (it was about 70% optimized back then).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So then F2P by summer 2014. Sweet.

speed-racer-lol-no.gif

I can't wait for Arcanist though. I've always enjoyed that style of class the most in MMO's

Instro

So how much has it improved anyway? It seemed like the last time there was a thread it sounded like it still had some problems.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So how much has it improved anyway? It seemed like the last time there was a thread it sounded like it still had some problems.

The only thing that is the same is the original vision of the game. Overall ARR is a whole new game that is VASTLY improved imo

Darryl

Banned

we still don't know much at all. the game is a complete mystery. i haven't seen anything significant enough to shift me into optimism towards it.

Isaccard

Not sure if this was posted yet anywhere but here's some copypasta via reddit I'll just stick it here
Translated by the always amazing Reinhart
・Official service start is during summer (Sale during when it's hot (weather))
・Post 5/20 we will have information on sale date & CE details + pre-order starts
・If you pre-order you can get early access
・All legacy players will get early access
・TV CM is being worked on, CM will be different from Japan/US
・Aside from promo CM they are working on different stuff, planning to release info on that around June
・New trailer around 3rd week of May (preparing several / showing Odin as well)
・There is 6-7 in-game item in the CE edition (Such as FF1's main characters "Light Warriors" head gear)
・For "Light Warrior" gear they are working on not only the head, but full gear
・Beta test phase 3 is for early June
・580,000 people is already (in/applied?) Beta test
・UI will change in phase 3 (Will be faster/number of available options is probably #1 in the world (lots of config options))
・Opening is implemented from phase 3 (voice included)
・2nd Benchmark is going to release in between phase 3 and 4
・PS3 versions optimization progressed and the quality got higher
・Per YoshiP regarding PS4 version - we'll (probably) have it
・PC version: High resolution texture will be looked into after DX11 is addressed
・After launch, they are planning to ask different music composers to create music.
・2-3 new BGM by Mizuta Noashi is planned for launch
・Already asked Nobuo Uematsu for new music ?
・Planning to sell OST, will have it in CE version as well
・BLM's magic damage increases by casting in a row
・The live demo video of Arcanist will be released around E3
・Can go to Eureka (FF3's dungeon)
・Will have 2 retainers (Within same world it's possible to share between characters)
・Planning to implement a super retainer (temp name) which has more features
・Difficulty to obtain Dark Light gear will be eased, will be something lower than primal gear
・Need Relic to go Crystal Tower
・Crystal Tower gear is higher than Relic, Bahamut gear is higher than this
・With later added content it's possible to upgrade relic
・FATE level sync is switched on manually through task list
・There is no difference in convenience between starting nations
・Swim suit will be redistributed, confirmed.
・Shiva coming after Ramuh and Leviathan
・Barber will be implemented through patch right after launch
・Weather forecast NPC or Fat Chocobo coming after launch
・Planning for in-game library (temp-name) (can read lore information and such)
・Birthday even will be looked into later
・Subligar (FF11's leg gear) will be looked into for release
・In scenario staff there may be staff SE fan's know
・SE's new CEO Matsuda is planned to appear around next letter LIVE
・YoshiP's birthday May 1st, turning 40.
・YoshiP: His favorite character from FF series is Cloud and Sephiroth
・YoshiP: Has played over 4 digit numbers, done all the G rank solo, talked to Tsujimoto, might have something in future for colaboration.

Darryl

Banned
they had some pretty FFXI-like subligars in the game already. i remember they added a few towards the end of 1.0 to please all the people upset that they couldn't get a swimsuit or whatever

Riposte

I'm still waiting for the moment where the catch for this game and its setting isn't "It is like those other Final Fantasys"! I didn't become interested in XIV's lore because it was called Final Fantasy. On the contrary...

LuuKyK

Now that I think about it Square has been pretty silent overall lately. Feels like forever since the last batch of screens from Lightning Returns... when will we see more of the game? Maybe on the same time frame as for XIV? E3? >_>

Now that I think about it Square has been pretty silent overall lately. Feels like forever since the last batch of screens from Lightning Returns... when will we see more of the game? Maybe on the same time frame as for XIV? E3? >_>

Like all game companies, they're saving it for E3. No point in blowing your load and leaving your PR guys with "please be excited" once again

Ichabod

Banned
I appreciate all the effort being put into this re-release but I need to see the finalized battle mechanics before they have my interest.

Being a legacy member arent you automatically in the beta? lol

Makes sense I guess.

Yes, I just meant that up until a week ago i was neck deep in 70 hours a week for work but busy season just ended. And I just haven't been following it enough to get in the beta yet. I could but I've stayed away, still looking forward to the actual game :)

teiresias

If Asus would get off their butts and finish my RMA and get me my replacement 670 I could be playing this beta. Ugh!

So does this mean...

FFXIV: June
FFX/X2HD: August/September
LR:FFXIII: October/November
XVersus: March 2014*

And throw Kingdom Hearts 1.5 somewhere between October and Christmas?

*Wishful thinking

Khrno

・Need Relic to go Crystal Tower
・Crystal Tower gear is higher than Relic, Bahamut gear is higher than this

Things to do during the early access:
- Get access to all areas.
- Get all the quested Job Abilities for the 7 old jobs.
- Spiritbond Unfinished Stardust Rod and complete relic.

Thanks for that summary.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, this game is looking way too good. I promised myself I'd never play another MMO. I was a little too into FFXI so this game could be dangerous. At least back then I had the free time to waste.

Top Bottom