• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just got my first piece of ilvl 600 gear, woot!
Also changed my chocobo’s color for the first time, to raptor blue.

With the make it rain campaign coming up, what’s the coolest thing to be bought from the Golden Saucer?

Valonquar

I offically have EVERY minion.
LfWZ7xd.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
After hours of walking all over the place, I’ve finally gotten all of the anther currents and now I can fly anywhere in the world!

I’m going to be dreaming about those little green swirling aether currents lol

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't even use minions but I just want the starbird minion because of the story tie-in.
Still no luck yet... but I may as well keep going.

Last edited:

Valonquar

I got it just running the instance with trusts a ton. You get less drops with trusts, but at least you 100% get it when it drops that way.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wish we could get some black male hairstyles added to the game, like just really short hair. All of the hairstyles seem to be either long or have designs in the sides. I just want a basic short haircut.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just played through the whole Omega sidequest and I'm glad I played through Endwalker first for the additional insight.

Knowing about the war between the Omicrons and the dragons. The music when you fight Omega is basically the same as when you do the stigma dreamscape dungeon in endwalker

Last edited:
New Hildi quests feel a bit short IMO, but have some great moments as always. That teaser for the next episode is pretty amazing for FFVIII fans.... because Pupu are finally in XIV! I was hoping they would show up on the moon during Endwalker MSQ, but better late than never!

Valonquar

Oh I will never run out of things to do. I've been grinding out achievements lately. Have all Shadowbringers relics done, 2 to go for all Anima weapons, then on to Eureka weapons. I am considering going after the Foundation grind for the mount now that crafting stuff is probably easier to macro. Still imagine it's a silly long grind.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished doing the Return to Ivalice content and it was awesome! So many cool characters and moments (and music!). Time to finally buy and play through FF12 once the Steam summer sale starts later this month.

Last edited:
So I finished the new Omega side quests and... it turns out my interpretation of the original Omega quests was actually correct! Do I know these writers or what??? Lmao

Spoiler warning for both Omega side quests, of course:
Replayed the Omega series yesterday. I can't believe how badly I originally misinterpreted the ending... I must have been half asleep when I first completed it years ago. For some reason I thought the Omega toy that was traveling with Alpha was another Omega construct, like Alpha himself... but nope, it's literally just a toy lmao. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part.
Though, I suppose it technically isn't an Omega construct but rather just it's consciousness... But it may as well be.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished the Alexander quest line and it was quite enjoyable. I’m currently going back doing older content that I missed out on. The timing on the release of the new Omega quest was perfect for me because I just finished the old Omega quest line last week lol.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't think I like doing the savage fights... I know the fights are harder but folks seem to get kinda mad/mean if you don't perform perfectly lol. I even said it was my first savage fight @_@

Celcius

°Temp. member
I play by clicking all the icons on the hot bars with my mouse. Do y’all do this, or do you bind all the actions to your keyboards? Because it seems really difficult to remember which button does what in that scenario…

Valonquar

I use sort a combo of keyboard and mouse for actions. 1 through + all have assignment and then ALT+1 through +, then a smaller row above that to click with mouse for stuff used less frequently

Celcius

°Temp. member
While studying savage raids I finally learned about food and materia. Then I bought 66 archon burgers and filled all my materia slots (had never used materia or food before lol)

Celcius

°Temp. member
Which server do you play on?
I’m on Ultros
I mainly play for the story but this time around I ended up doing so much more. My sub ends on Friday though and then I plan to move on to other stuff until the next expansion (7.0). I’ll probably come back shortly before then though to catch up on side quests like finding out more about the twelve and pandaemonium.

Last edited:

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I’m on Ultros
I mainly play for the story but this time around I ended up doing so much more. My sub ends on Friday though and then I plan to move on to other stuff until the next expansion (7.0). I’ll probably come back shortly before then though to catch up on side quests though like finding out more about the twelve and pandaemonium.
Oh nice! I’m also on Ultros! Add me! My names Arya Lightbringer

wvnative

I'm at the end of Heavensward and you guys were right this game is amazing. Never in my wildest dreams did i think I'd love an MMO.

I must ask, and i apologize if this is considered off topic, but, is Final Fantasy XI this easy to play? I'm super curious

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I'm at the end of Heavensward and you guys were right this game is amazing. Never in my wildest dreams did i think I'd love an MMO.

I must ask, and i apologize if this is considered off topic, but, is Final Fantasy XI this easy to play? I'm super curious

It has been made a lot easier, but it still has a lot of archaic systems. I do suggest playing it eventually if only for the story, world design, and interesting choices they made.

Valonquar

Final Fantasy XI has a lot good stuff,but holy shit the install and account creation are worse than XIV's by a factor of about 10,000.

wvnative

It has been made a lot easier, but it still has a lot of archaic systems. I do suggest playing it eventually if only for the story, world design, and interesting choices they made.
How hard is it to B line the story?

What remains archaic about it?

Crystalline Conflict season 1 ending on July 5th.

Guess it's time to finish my climb to Crystal rank. I think I stopped in Platinum because I got sick of how OP WHM was at CC launch lol. But now that it's got a few nerfs under it's belt, it should be less annoying to deal with them

Also, I picked up BLM in Frontlines a week ago and it's insane how OP this job is in the right hands. I'm constantly outdamaging Summoners and Scholars even with their Bahamut and poison spam lol. Yoshi-P must have been smoking that good shit when he allowed the initial buffs to go through. And this is technically a nerfed version, I didn't even get to play the super OP version from a few weeks ago with 2 Paradox charges and movement speed debuffs for Half-Asleep.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

according to Hironobu Sakaguchi, that lalafels beside him is Nobuo Uematsu

he wear similliar glamours lol

FUkztByacAEyU6G

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The story in FFXI is so good.
FFXI is so good I might drop XIV for good. Just everything about it is so relaxing and feels like a real world. And this is only me doing no story and just doing a couple of the tutorial go to this place and get this kind of stuff. And upgrading gear feels like an upgrade.

FFXIV's only saving grace is the story. Everything else is heavily instanced.

I really like FFXI's hands off approach where you get thrown in and you do your own thing like Breath of the Wild. FFXIV is so on rails all the time.

Valonquar

If you can get past FFXI's lack of telling you anything important, it's great. There's tons of wikis etc to tell you what to do anyhow. As long as you can unlock some good trust NPCs, solo leveling and powering through the excellent stories is a blast. Get all 3 nations to rank 10 (I think you have to change alliance to do the other 2?) Chains of Promatia is the definite high point, though the later expansions have their moments.

Endgame in FFXI is a complete and utter shitshow grind-fest chock full of the worst dregs of society. Expect weeks or months of nothing to show, followed by the occasional upgrade that raises your damage by maybe 10. Glamor has come a long way but overall nowhere near XIV's fashion runways.

Then there's CID'S TEETH

Last edited:
Top Bottom