• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker - Job Actions Live Letter

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Expected Starting Time
---
Friday, September 17 at 7:00 p.m. (Los Angeles)
Friday, September 17 at 10:00 p.m. (New York)
Saturday, September 18 at 3:00 a.m. (London)
Saturday, September 18 at 11:00 a.m. (Tokyo)

Youtube (live translation to English)
---

Twitch (live translation to English)

---

This is an important update stream because we will finally see the new abilities each Job gets. Some Job(s) may even get major changes to how they function.

What snacks/drinks will you bring, bros? Are you scared for your Job? I'm a Gunbreaker and just hope they preserve the high tempo & weaving.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

FF16 when.

Nobody knows for sure, but December if you ask me. Endwalker has to come out first.

Similar thing happened with FFVII Remake. Nomura didn't talk about it much or show much until after Kingdom Hearts 3 was released.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Nobody knows for sure, but December if you ask me. Endwalker has to come out first.

Similar thing happened with FFVII Remake. Nomura didn't talk about it much or show much until after Kingdom Hearts 3 was released.

Eh, not so sure about that. FFXVI has nothing really to do with EndWalker, outside sharing a few devs. Endwalker has also been in development for a *lot* longer than FFXVI so it was always going to release before. IIRC, it was supposed to come out back in August? But then Covid.

XVI I would warrant a guess at an early 2022 trailer to showcase more of teh game with a summer to fall 2022 release date. They stated they don't want to show anything until they are much further in development and I respect that. Don't want another FF7R style tease for 5 years BS.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic at hand:

Chocolate Covered Pretzels is my snack of choice for the show. Super excited to see what they do with the healers. By far my favorite thing to play in any MMO.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Just hoping to see what they do with Samurai and happy Endwalker news is now going to roll out.
Eh, not so sure about that. FFXVI has nothing really to do with EndWalker, outside sharing a few devs. Endwalker has also been in development for a *lot* longer than FFXVI so it was always going to release before. IIRC, it was supposed to come out back in August? But then Covid.

XVI I would warrant a guess at an early 2022 trailer to showcase more of teh game with a summer to fall 2022 release date. They stated they don't want to show anything until they are much further in development and I respect that. Don't want another FF7R style tease for 5 years BS.
They did promise news several times for 2021 last year, but the latest it can go is December at the Shueisha Jump Fest or if there was a PS Experience. At this point, it's probably some 2022 news.

Thabass

ANYWAYS, back to the topic at hand:

Chocolate Covered Pretzels is my snack of choice for the show. Super excited to see what they do with the healers. By far my favorite thing to play in any MMO.
There is a possibility that it a trailer could show up at The Game Awards, but that's if the game that close for players to be able to play the game. As Yoshida said, it doesn't look like they will show the game next until they are very sure they know when they can release it or at least allow the player to play the game. Whether it be via a demo or a full release.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Just hoping to see what they do with Samurai and happy Endwalker news is now going to roll out.

They did promise news several times for 2021 last year, but the latest it can go is December at the Shueisha Jump Fest or if there was a PS Experience. At this point, it's probably some 2022 news.

Given what I know of Yoshi P and the dev team, I am sure they did really want to showcase the title this year - but things happened and it had to get pushed back. Doesn't help that Covid hasn't lightened up much and it seems we are about to begin a new round of sequestering.

There is a possibility that it a trailer could show up at The Game Awards, but that's if the game that close for players to be able to play the game. As Yoshida said, it doesn't look like they will show the game next until they are very sure they know when they can release it or at least allow the player to play the game. Whether it be via a demo or a full release.

Would be cool to see it there, maybe even with a demo - but I am not too sure. TBH though, I would be just happy to have the main theme as a single to buy with a date of early next year for more info. I want that theme on my phone!

I really hope they bring back some complexity to healers. ShB healing is just so boring in most fights, I can't stand it. Dia, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, OGCD heal, Dia, Glare, Glare, Glare, etc

Also DRK needs to be less like WAR, and more of its own thing again. Just please don't bring back Dark Arts spam... -PTSD intensifies-

As for snacks, I'll probably be ordering Dominoes

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really hope they bring back some complexity to healers. ShB healing is just so boring in most fights, I can't stand it. Dia, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, Glare, OGCD heal, Dia, Glare, Glare, Glare, etc

Also DRK needs to be less like WAR, and more of its own thing again. Just please don't bring back Dark Arts spam... -PTSD intensifies-

As for snacks, I'll probably be ordering Dominoes

I would highly suggest you try out some of the more difficult encounters, as you won't be doing that kind of rotation for long.

Dungeons and base-level Trials/raids, I can see this continuing to be the case though.

I would highly suggest you try out some of the more difficult encounters, as you won't be doing that kind of rotation for long.

Dungeons and base-level Trials/raids, I can see this continuing to be the case though.
You and I both know that the rotation I wrote makes up AT LEAST 85% of a healers rotation in most trials/raids. As a reminder, before Shadowbringers, healers had more complexity during any and EVERY fight. AST cards actually required you use your brain every Draw, SCH had more DoTs to manage, fairies had different uses, etc etc. In ShB, healing is only complex/fun (IMO) when things are going badly and you have to actually adjust to save the run. If your group is doing well (i.e. non-trap farm parties), there's usually nothing to do but Glare spam and heal the occasional raidwide/tankbuster.. which might be handled by the other healer, meaning it's 99% Glare spam for you... yeah, that sure sounds like fun! /s

Look, I'm not asking for a full-fledged DPS rotation because that's probably a bit too much for people who just want to play support/healer, but SOME kind of complexity back would be nice. But I digress - I'm not a healer main so I acknowledge that most healers probably don't even want complexity lol

Having said that, let's not defend the further homogenization of job roles. I'm hoping the stat squish is a sign that they want to bring back more difficulty and complexity to the game. We'll see tonight which direction they go, possibly.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You and I both know that the rotation I wrote makes up AT LEAST 85% of a healers rotation in most trials/raids. As a reminder, before Shadowbringers, healers had more complexity during any and EVERY fight. AST cards actually required you use your brain every Draw, SCH had more DoTs to manage, fairies had different uses, etc etc. In ShB, healing is only complex/fun (IMO) when things are going badly and you have to actually adjust to save the run. If your group is doing well (i.e. non-trap farm parties), there's usually nothing to do but Glare spam and heal the occasional raidwide/tankbuster.. which might be handled by the other healer, meaning it's 99% Glare spam for you... yeah, that sure sounds like fun! /s

Look, I'm not asking for a full-fledged DPS rotation because that's probably a bit too much for people who just want to play support/healer, but SOME kind of complexity back would be nice. But I digress - I'm not a healer main so I acknowledge that most healers probably don't even want complexity lol

Having said that, let's not defend the further homogenization of job roles. I'm hoping the stat squish is a sign that they want to bring back more difficulty and complexity to the game. We'll see tonight which direction they go, possibly.

Hence why I agreed with you. Sadly the more difficult raids/trials only make a very small percentage of the overall content. However, I do suggest you try out those more difficult raids. It is what made me fall in love with healing in FFXIV more than any other MMO.

There is one thing I would like to correct though. This idea that AST required to use your brain - it really didn't. At the highest levels, it could be debated that it was a tiny bit more challenging than other healing jobs, but the majority of content, as you stated, required little to no complexity.

I do agree with you that we need less homogenization though. I would like to see more unique roles attributed to specific healers. Have AST being more of a buffer. Have WHM focused on powerful Single Target heals. Have Scholar focused on DoTs and Sages on shields (or vice versa).

Hence why I agreed with you. Sadly the more difficult raids/trials only make a very small percentage of the overall content. However, I do suggest you try out those more difficult raids. It is what made me fall in love with healing in FFXIV more than any other MMO.
I'd rather play tank/DPS in difficult raids this expansion, but I would love to pick up healer as well in Endwalker. It all depends on what they do with Endwalker healers!
There is one thing I would like to correct though. This idea that AST required to use your brain - it really didn't. At the highest levels, it could be debated that it was a tiny bit more challenging than other healing jobs, but the majority of content, as you stated, required little to no complexity.
It's been ages since I played AST in Savage/Extreme (since 4.5 probably lol), but I thought it was rather complex back then. Spread & Royal Road were options for each Draw and I actually had to decide who would benefit the most from each card. In ShB, I'll admit my AST experience is rather limited, but isn't is just matching card suits now? And then Divination once you have all three seals? Idk, it's been a while since I ran AST through Trust dungeons to level lol
I do agree with you that we need less homogenization though. I would like to see more unique roles attributed to specific healers. Have AST being more of a buffer. Have WHM focused on powerful Single Target heals. Have Scholar focused on DoTs and Sages on shields (or vice versa).
That sounds awesome. Really looking forward to seeing what they do. :)

Sub_Level

100% fine with those gunbreaker changes. The spirit of the job and even the rotation itself is still basically 95% the same. Just need burst strike before continuation now.

Also looks like I can comfortably stay on 2 hotbars, even if they add a few new buttons :)

YukiOnna

As expected SAM didn't have major changes, but happy Jinpu and Shifu effects work on AoE and Tsubamegaeshi comes with 2 charges.

YukiOnna

aO791dM.png

Zenos final attack in the Benchmark Trailer is Reaper's LB3. They could not show it since no debug command for LB3 in this MediaTour build, but he spoiled that much.

Reaper complexity sounds awesome. Really looking forward to playing around with it. And even if I don't like it, SAM and DRG additions sound great too.

Well, except for the fact that DRG still doesn't refresh their damage buff with AOE combos...

Oh and I forgot to mention Dark Knight. The additions/changes sound nice, but the fact that Delirium still exists (and on a shorter cooldown) concerns me. I'm hoping it's changed completely yet again because I didn't see Bloodspiller spam in the Job Action trailer. In fact, the player character didn't use Bloodspiller at all... but Fray did.

Last edited:

Athreous

I didn't like the summoner's summon order... It should be the lesser primals 1st, then Bahamut and Phoenix... Summoning Bahamut 1st makes the primal look cheap >_<

Also, did you guys notice that carbuncle doesn't attack anymore? Do you think that it was on purpose or it lost it's attack? It was like a dot...

I didn't like the summoner's summon order... It should be the lesser primals 1st, then Bahamut and Phoenix... Summoning Bahamut 1st makes the primal look cheap >_<

Also, did you guys notice that carbuncle doesn't attack anymore? Do you think that it was on purpose or it lost it's attack? It was like a dot...
They've been backing away from pets in the game with every expansion, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't actually do anything in combat anymore. Kinda weird to just have it out doing nothing though lol

And yeah, that's a good point about the order of summoning. However, you don't get Bahamut until 60 I believe, so for 59 levels you'll probably only be summoning Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan.

Athreous

They've been backing away from pets in the game with every expansion, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't actually do anything in combat anymore. Kinda weird to just have it out doing nothing though lol

And yeah, that's a good point about the order of summoning. However, you don't get Bahamut until 60 I believe, so for 59 levels you'll probably only be summoning Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan.
Yeah, but I wonder if summoning Bahamut 1st is a must in order to summon the rest of the primals, that order will look cheap >_<

I'm main Summoner since 1.0, so I'm really worried :D

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
Summoner additions look nice as a PLD GNB main I’m pretty excited might have to pull my RDM out of retirement. Any news as to WTF is up with BLU? Did they forget about it?

YukiOnna

Same with Blood of the Dragon. Dumbing down the classes pretty much.
At the beginning of the stream, Yoshi-P did say that they are continuing in the direction of building on 5.0's changes and not making it more complex going forward IIRC. So I expected as much.

RIP Summoner DoTs
Same with Blood of the Dragon. Dumbing down the classes pretty much.
Eh, Blood of the Dragon was just an annoying extra step at the beginning of a fight and never have to worry about again. Doesn't really count as dumbing down.

As for Eno-chan (yes, that's her name), the timing gets REALLY tight for people with 100+ ms ping so I'm glad it's just a trait now. Call me a casual if you want, but it's not my fault SE moved NA East servers across the entire country. :(

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I mean it's quality of life but on the other hand I liked the challenge.

Summoner losing their DoTs makes Summoner full burst caster with their summons.

Pretty hyped for RPR and SMN.

Healer infos soon.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Scholar gets Combat Peloton. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sage might be XIV version of Discipline Priest. Simultaneous heals/dps.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Phase 1 Finish otsukare! 3 Hours to explain Job Adjustments whew. Guess it'll be a 6 hour stream, lol.

EDIT:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom