• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion Heart said:
I agree this is a huge game for MS, but it does NOTHING for next gen as you can see with this gen. How does securing now, secure later?? Did you learn nothing from sony

I think you misunderstand.

Next generation will now be a level playing field. Sony will carry NO advantage or mindshare over from the previous generation like they did this time around. That's the main reason MS launched so early.

The "Sony Brand" is kicking in sales wise whether people believe it or not. I fully expect Sony to take second by the end of this gen, but like I said, it will be by a very small amount.

It means, that MS don't need to rush out the next Xbox and can probably wait to laucnch simultaneously with the other two. Moves like this will extend the life of the 360 in order to give the next Xbox a genuine shot at the title.

Shouta

Ravidrath said:
Apparently there will be exclusive summons to each version.

PS3 will have Diabolos, and he will transform into a PS3.

360 will have Garuda, and she'll turn into a 360.

That would be hilarious AND awesome. :lol

Alphahawk

Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

So this is the fabled Gaf meltdown I've been hearing about. Look DMc4 was multiplatform and did just fine, as did FF7-12 so FFXIII 360 will have virtually no effect on sales of the PS3 version.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
ymmv said:
Gran Turismo 5
Tekken 6
Valkyria Chronicles
LittleBIgPlanet
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Motor Storm 2
White Knight Chronicles
Infamous
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Team Ico title
Socom
Wipeout HD
God of War 3
Final Fantasy vs XIII (somewhere in time)

There's still a lot of fun stuff coming out. The loss of FFXIII as a PS3 exclusive is a very big blow, but they've still got their own great exclusives just like MS.
I guess it's just my own personal viewpoint... but I don't care about any of those. (perhaps team Ico and vs XIII aside)

And I was interested in many, many games during the whole PS1 and PS2 era.

MrBeggar

besada said:
He's an EXPERT!

Hey Mr EXPERT!

So how are they going to explain to regular japanese folk that FFXIII is coming to
360s in NA/EU ONRY ??

Oh wait.. they'll just deny everything.. just like Nanking ?
It never happened right ? eh EXPERT??
shame honor my ass..

Muppet345 said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
LOL this post has me literally in tears:lol :lol :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BocoDragon said:
I guess it's just my own personal viewpoint... but I don't care about any of those. (perhaps team Ico and vs XIII aside)
Sorry, that's just dumb as fuck. You don't like good games then?

traveler

Not Wario
Just got home from work.

OMG! I totally didn't see this coming. Doesn't really affect me though, as my 360 is still broken and I just got a PS3. Good news for 360 RPG lovers, though. I guess the 360 really is the home for JRPG fanatics this gen- who would have believed it before? :lol

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
you guys are getting hyped over something that while worth discussing, hardly warrants such talk.

this announcement is the Japaneses equivalent of gta4 coming to 360 except there;s no simultaneous release. this really only affects the american market where final fantasy ain't exactly as popular as gta.

it's cool that 360 owners get to play this game but no where near as significant as some of you are making it sound.

Snaku said:
I think that's the news that pisses me off the most about this whole situation. They've been hammering on for months about simultaneous worldwide releases, and now the rest of the world is yet again doomed to wait at least 10 months for localization.
If we don't get to see any gameplay soon I really wonder when this game will be out. Are they just rendering crazy amounts of cutscenes or what?

avaya

Paracelsus said:
Now, I have a question for you guys.

Take it lightly, please. Please.

If you were in Sony's shoes, would you have the "bronze face" to stand there, right in front of the public, and show the same old stuff we all people know is exclusive to the PS3 just because it is feckin first party? Would you have the guts to show R2, KZ2, MS2 and Home once again?

I'm not expecting anything from the Sony conference. The MS conference was kind of boring, just like last year. This time it had something slighly different though. Like, a Kill-a-ton. Or Kill-a-Sony, take it as you please.

Does Sony have something like that? What's left for them to do?

Seriously, what can Sony do that can actually happen to stop thousands of people from laughing hard at them later in the morning?

Now, I'm watching the Sony conference only to see if they actually have the courage to do a conference like last year.

If I was in Sony's place I'd just concentrate on making sure Blu-ray worked, the format should explode this Christmas with SoC SALs and the growth is good. The games division can tootle along on PS2 and PSP. PS3 was sacrificed for the good of the company, keep it profitable and forget the numbers game.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
gregor7777 said:
No, you misunderstand me.

I mean you're fighting off any negative spin just a little too much in this thread. It's not spiteful or anything, but you give off an air of this not being a big deal yet at the same time I think you're the most butt hurt here.

Nothing personal, it's just my impression.
Oh, I'm butt hurt. I think if any game should take advantage of Blu-ray to it's fullest it's FF13 and if they compromise that for the 360 port I'm going to be really butt hurt.

I don't think this is a big deal, but I am butt hurt.

matticus

Amgatesrox.jpg

tehbear

BocoDragon said:

You seem to only care about MGS4 and FFXIII, sooo... one's out, the other is still coming. Seems like gaming isn't satisfying you this gen no matter what.

Dragon

Banned
Vinci said:
Ooh! Did they? If so, this conversation just became far more relevant to me.

Yeah Wada said Games for Windows, but didn't mention anything as far as a release date in relation to the 360/PS3 versions.

0 HP

OldJadedGamer said:
So where are the crow eating posts from people who said it would never happen?
im sure people wagered their accounts on this shit. why people would wager their free membership here is beyond me but this nonsense is what makes neogaf so hilarious

MidgarBlowedUp said:
I just feel bad for Hardcore 360 owners when they realize the game doesn't have bald space marines and is in 3rd person. I feel even worse for Core owners.

What a day, what a fucking day.

Aren't you just the clever one? Sour grapes much? I would wager the game sells better on the 360. This is a good business move for SE. Why limit your audience unless you got big moneyhats for it. I have both systems and will purchase the version that runs better (if there are noticeable differences).

nib95

Banned
BocoDragon said:

Stop gaming then. You clearly don't like good games. I love how quite a few of the games listed are new IP's that you have never played yet still disregard. :lol

Dragon

Banned
Resident Guru said:
I have both systems and will purchase the version that runs better (if there are noticeable differences).

The PS3 will run at 600p with no AA, and the 360 will be 720p with 4AA.

ymmv

Banned
Stop It said:
I honestly cannot believe this, I know 360 has been courting jRPGs for a while now, and FFXIII is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, but fuck me this is epic, I had 2 reasons for finally getting a PS3 in 2009, one was GT5, the other was FFXIII, reason 2 is now on 360.....GT5 better be awesome beyond belief.

Ehh... did I miss a surprise announcement about FFXIII now being a 360 exclusive? FFXIII will come out for the PS3, nothing's changed in that respect.

sphinx

the piano man
I swear, no bullshit, I was considering the purchase of a PS3 exactly for this very game... but I already own a 360.... :(... sad.

I wanted sony to make me want to get a PS3 but I don't trust them in the least, they lost every single major IP from last gen I cared about, no way MGS4 stays exclusive.

now, please somebody please tell me...something seems fishy here....

Is it absolutely impossible that the game will have turned into a 3 way multiplatform game?... I have this strong feeling inside that "FFXIII on Wii" will be announced tomorrow... ( please don't ban me, it's just a feeling ) SE knows they have a fanbase they have to "direct" in some way, they have to tell their fans where to go and then proceed to stablish themselves, like when they moved from nintendo to sony with FF7, if FFXIII is like "the bridge to reach a new town" would they move to miscosoft over nintendo??? I don't think so...

Costanza

Banned
Muppet345 said:

LOL

WOW, it actually happened! :lol

I don't know what was worse for Sony, losing Monster Hunter 3 outright to the Wii, or this?

Actually, the former is bigger/worse.

Because NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE saw that coming, and Monster Hunter 3 isn't even being released on the PS3 PERIOD!!! :lol

Wow, how can Sony make up for this one?

BTW, was this posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZiOS5DMMc

The FFXIII 360 vid. I'm sure it was posted at SOME point in this 30+ page thread, but oh well. :p

What's shocking to me, is the surprisingly weak reaction from the live audience!

ferricide

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
I think they said that they were developing the game on the PC before they moved it over to consoles, I think. But that probably does mean that there will be a PC version.
this is correct, yes.

source =
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19413

which was written by me! i was there.

they seemed to be pretty amused by the question of whether or not they'll ship it on PC, but the answer is no for right now.

So, people who can't read Japanese have to wait even longer for the game. Which means people who can play games in Japanese get that much longer to lord it over those who don't?

SIGN ME UP.

Dragon

Banned
ymmv said:
Ehh... did I miss a surprise announcement about FFXIII now being a 360 exclusive? FFXIII will come out for the PS3, nothing's changed in that respect.

Well it will probably be delayed even more. SE knows that if they release it first on the PS3 and then months later on the 360 it would have little value to their bottom line.

ferricide

sphinx said:
Is it absolutely impossible that the game will have turned into a 3 way multiplatform game?... I have this strong feeling inside that "FFXIII on Wii" will be announced tomorrow... ( please don't ban me, it's just a feeling ) SE knows they have a fanbase they have to "direct" in some way, they have to tell their fans where to go and then proceed to stablish themselves, like when they moved from nintendo to sony with FF7, if FFXIII is like "the bridge to reach a new town" would they move to miscosoft over nintendo??? I don't think so...
actually shane asked this question, more or less, and they made a joke about it. but it doesn't make a lot of sense to port down a next-gen game to the wii, as we all know.

Wolf Gang

Banned
Squash said:
Meh. The worst thing now is the US PS3 version will be delayed to port it to the 360 for a same day release.
The worst thing now is that the PS3 isn't the lowest common denominator anymore.

Alphahawk

otake said:
you guys are getting hyped over something that while worth discussing, hardly warrants such talk.

this announcement is the Japaneses equivalent of gta4 coming to 360 except there;s no simultaneous release. this really only affects the american market where final fantasy ain't exactly as popular as gta.

it's cool that 360 owners get to play this game but no where near as significant as some of you are making it sound.

The difference here is that GTA4 on 360 was a given, maybe not day and date but it would of eventually come out on 360 just like the previous three games. Meanwhile the only Final Fantasy game to appear on the 360 was FFXI which was an MMo and probobly shouldn't be considered canon. For all intents and purposes FFXIII was expected to be a PS3 exclusive forever with no hope of ever coming to the 360, that obviously didn't happen...

Muppet345 said:

:lol :lol

And :lol @ everyone who thinks you're serious.

rykomatsu

rotaryspirit said:
So, people who can't read Japanese have to wait even longer for the game. Which means people who can play games in Japanese get that much longer to lord it over those who don't?

SIGN ME UP.

Well...we had to wait for oblivion and gta4 to be released in japan :p

zoku88

Hero of legend said:
WOW, it actually happened! :lol

I don't know what was worse for Sony, losing Monster Hunter 3 outright to the Wii, or this?

Actually, the former is bigger/worse.
I agree with you, actually. People would've just bought FFXIII, bought a PS3 and then sold the latter when they were done if FFXIII was the only reason for buying a PS3.

I've never played MH3, but I believe that people tend to play it for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom