• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Like I said in the Microsoft thread, the real winner here is Nintendo.

This is yet another franchise with a major pull from the PlayStation era to be split up, just like Grand Theft Auto. Make no mistake, the real winner from a console war perspective is the Wii. It's gone multiplatform so feel free to celebrate, I think everyone should anyway.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's like someone from Redmond flew down to save the conference by throwing money at Wada-san as he 'left' the stage.. :lol

A conference-saving burn for Sony, too. I wonder if Wada will be at Sony's presentation tomorrow..

Hitmeneer

Father_Brain said:
I thank S-E from the bottom of my heart.

I don't own either a PS3 or a 360, but the PS3 fanboy meltdowns are going to be unbelievably hilarious. :lol :lol :lol

I don't own a PS3 or 360, but this is just... I was watching the show (wtf no close-up btw?) and I was thinking, new IP, FF VII remake? FFX XIII ?! Wtf

This will be a blow for a lot of PS3 owners. This was one of their major exclusives, I don't understand that Sony just threw more money at SE to keep it exclusive.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even like the FF games and this was a shock to me

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Server Error
The following error occurred:

Code:
 The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator.
Please contact the administrator. 

EVERYWHERE

YES ALL OVER MY FACE!!

Shit just got real.

th_4q3ss4w.gif

NolbertoS

kylej said:
chubigans and metalmurphy are crying right now

Well, being a multi-console owner, I'm giving a big meh, but fuck, this has to go down in gaming infamy with the the Square betrayal to Nintendo, while releasing a trailer for FFVII on the PS1. Damn...the PS3 went from upswing in sales and exclusives to now being left in the dust :(..All we need for the nail in the coffin is for Konami to announce MGS4 - being released on 360 1 year from now..Damn...WTF Sony...You're literally buring yourself now.

Yaweee

BobsRevenge said:
So basically FFXIII is going to be watered down to fit on DVDs? Cool. I'm really glad you did this Square-Enix. Thanks.

I don't own either system... yet, but I'm a bit disappointed with this news. I can't see there being significant differences between the two versions outside of performance, but I really wanted to see what S-E could do when focusing on the PS3.

Can't say people didn't see it coming, though, as there was always substantial talks of "How is S-E planning to make money on the relatively small userbase of PS3?"

Haha to the guy asking for confirmation. it was like the surprise at the very end announcement of their conference dude you cant get better confirmation than that. :D :D :D

dyls

This actually seems better for Nintendo than anyone. FFXIII has just become another GTAIV, a game that will sell a ton of software but move no hardware (at least outside of Japan). Not to mention it's just more infighting between the two also-rans while Nintendo stays above it all.

I do wonder how much MS spent to get this, though. And how many DVDs it will take.

Wow, when I saw the president of SE get up there I was expecting something but not that. I'm still probably going to get it for my PS3 since I assume that was the lead platform. But still this has got to be a big hurt for sony. They're really going to have to announce some special stuff to come back, like Halo 4 ps3 exclusive (yeah right).

The Chef

Square: "So.....we're thinking about releasing FFXIII for 360"
Sony: "Do whatever the f*** you want."

At some point I would love to see Sony try to hang on to exclusives.

Dali

Holy shit. I leave to talk to my boss for five minutes and come back to a warm plate of crow. Sorry Gamespot for doubting your veiled leak of this genuine* megaton. How did they know?

*looks at people in the wiimote add-on thread.

edit: FFXIII for 360 = straw that broke server's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom