• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered physical release not coming to the west

Digity

Why do companies do this? They are releasing a physical release for FFVIII Remastered but not out in the west. I know you can just order it anyways and play it which is what I will be doing but why not just release it everywhere?

https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-viii-remastered/13/70dtqn

I know it was released on PC too but the game is completely broken at the moment and I doubt Square will put in the effort to fix it.

Edit - To be more specific, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand not North America.

Last edited:
Why do companies do this? They are releasing a physical release for FFVIII Remastered but not out in the west. I know you can just order it anyways and play it which is what I will be doing but why not just release it everywhere?

https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-viii-remastered/13/70dtqn

I know it was released on PC too but the game is completely broken at the moment and I doubt Square will put in the effort to fix it.

I read this as FFVIII Remastered isn't coming to the west at all and was thoroughly triggered.

Still sucks, though.

It's annoying but it's not like it was in the PS1/PS2 era. It's been fairly easy to import for about 10 years. I've been importing for at least that long.

HarryKS

What do you mean the game is completely broken? On pc? I was playing it on PS4 a couple of months ago, seemed fine.

the_master

What do you mean the game is completely broken? On pc? I was playing it on PS4 a couple of months ago, seemed fine.
I tried it a couple days ago and the animations are super shaky. Ruins the experience for me.

Also they should have added some havy filters

OrtizTwelve

I believe digital use in the west has increased significantly over the years as opposed to eastern countries.

Honestly, physical games for consoles just don't really make sense anymore ---- very few games ship physically without ANY updates being often required or almost mandatory just to play the "best" version.

Top Bottom