• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier (Mobile Battle Royale) Announced

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks brutal. What happened to FF
This happened. And this article was written in summer 2019. So it's even outdated.

By the end of 2019, the global gaming market is estimated to be worth $152 billion, with 45% of that, $68.5 billion, coming directly from mobile games. With this tremendous growth (10.2% YoY to be precise) has come a flurry of investments and acquisitions, everyone wanting a cut of the pie. In fact, over the last 18 months, the global gaming industry has seen $9.6 billion in investments and if investments continue at this current pace, the amount of investment generated in 2018-19 will be higher than the eight previous years combined.

Last edited:

linkroi

I don't understand the project behind this, i mean yes, it's only to surf on the Battle Royale "hype", but it's really look like shit and don't even fun to play. The idea is stupid, but money is money hey. We're going to eat alot of declinaison of Final Fantasy 7 in the next few years. it reminds me of FFXV pocket edition, this game should not exist.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
PRmvaYj.gif

Spokker

Could someone tell Square there are other Final Fantasy games that exist? There are even classic RPGs that aren't named Final Fantasy.

Got into the beta test and played a round. It's actually not terrible and has some pretty cool ideas.

But it's on mobile and playing BR on mobile feels like ass IMO

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Got into the beta test and played a round. It's actually not terrible and has some pretty cool ideas.

But it's on mobile and playing BR on mobile feels like ass IMO
targeting an audience that only ever plays on mobile, look forward to this making more money than every other final fantasy ever, combined,

Mr.ODST

Played for abit and its actually really fun and introduced a lot of cool stuff not in current BR's, going to play it some more but good impressions so far

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Lmfao...fuck everything, take the legacy
Of one of the greatest games ever made and smear shit all over it. Thats what square does. Not even the compilation of ff7 was this gross.
Seriously. Everything they’ve tried to add on to the original FF7 has just made it worse, and retroactively ruined my opinion of the original.

Aion002

Say the line, Bart!

"Battle Royale bad."

*Crowd goes wild*
Not bad...

Cat Lol GIF by Cartoon Hangover

And people that likes it shoud feel bad. I sure do feel bad for liking Apex Legends, it's like eating fast food, everybody knows that it's bad, but still... We do it anyway.

Hungry Fast Food GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not bad...

Cat Lol GIF by Cartoon Hangover

And people that likes it shoud feel bad. I sure do feel bad for liking Apex Legends, it's like eating fast food, everybody knows that it's bad, but still... We do it anyway.

Hungry Fast Food GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

You make a lot of interesting points. I'm convinced. Battle Royale indeed bad.

Mobile games. Ill never understand them. Im officially old. Thank you Playstation. Thank you Nintendo, even though I dont play your games. For some reason I keep buying them though.

Mr.ODST

Really enjoying it at the moment and the magic doesn't seem OP, Melee seems way too overpowered though.

Some really good ideas in this game.

Season 2 launched yesterday so I gave it another go, and ended up getting Megaflare'd by Bahamut who is apparently just flying over the arena this season lmao

Top Bottom