• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - TGS 2019 - new info from the recent live streaming (battles, skills, Materia, Summon, and more)

kevin_trinh

Yes, but you don't apparently, so let me teach you. FFXIII and Xenosaga and even Star Wars or Lords of the Rings is one whole story split in 3 smallers one thus forming a trilogy. Haven't played Dark Souls yet so I can't comment on them, but a trilogy doesn't necessarily need to have a coherent story, nonetheless a trilogy can be either or. Hope you learned something today.
nope, ur definition is pure shit. Each game in FF13 is a complete game, with new gameplay, new mechanic etc...The story setting is connected between 3 game does not mean its was split into 3. Ever heard of prequel and sequel?

Meanwhile old FF7 is a complete game, they did divide it into part, same gameplay, same setting, same mechanic etc... turn off ur computer and go to school

nope, ur definition is pure shit. Each game in FF13 is a complete game, with new gameplay, new mechanic etc...The story setting is connected between 3 game does not mean its was split into 3. Ever heard of prequel and sequel?

Meanwhile old FF7 is a complete game, they did divide it into part, same gameplay, same setting, same mechanic etc... turn off ur computer and go to school

I know what a trilogy is and you still don't, ignoring previous posts shows your ignorance. Do yourself a favor and look it up in the dictionary, I don't have to explain shit to you.

kevin_trinh

I know what a trilogy is and you still don't, ignoring previous posts shows your ignorance. Do yourself a favor and look it up in the dictionary, I don't have to explain shit to you.
Blah blah, shit definition is shit, and i did quote your previous posts.

Well considering each game will be adding more content and likely new gameplay mechanics, the Remake "trilogy" would still fall under your definition then. Halo was a narrative arc split into 3 parts. It had gameplay that stayed largely the same over those 3 parts.

What's the difference between that and the FFVII Remake? Are you saying a pre existing story can't be broken up into a different narrative arc and retold in a more detailed fashion?
Adding more content and some new mechanic is not making a new game. Your Halo examples is wrong, each Halo is a complete new game, its an FPS so ofcoz the gameplay does not change much, but it has another setting, story, stage , enemies etc...

In 7R case, the dev admit they did divide old game into part, becoz they can fking not make the full game in time, that's the different. They dont need to take time to think about new story, new setting, new mobs or anything for the next part, becoz the old game has all of it.

Last edited:
Blah blah, shit definition is shit, and i did quote your previous posts.

Adding more content and some new mechanic is not making a new game. Your Halo examples is wrong, each Halo is a complete new game, its an FPS so ofcoz the gameplay does not change much, but it has another setting, story, stage , enemies etc...

In 7R case, the dev admit they did divide old game into part, becoz they can fking not make the full game in time, that's the different. They dont need to take time to think about new story, new setting, new mobs or anything for the next part, becoz the old game has all of it.

You should be awarded for the dumbest poster of the week. You do realize writers of a story already have the full script already written down long before the release of a game series, don't you? Whether it be a movie or novel or whatever? Whether its the Witcher trilogy, Star Wars, FFXIII or Xenosaga, ect. they already know the FULL story long before its a series. It's up to development to split the story up into separate games, and this could be done for a variety of reasons. How is this any different for FF7R? The only difference is that you already know the full story from the previous game, but that doesn't change the fact that it can't be rewritten or expanded upon, we already seen this with Star Wars so it's nothing new unless you been living under a rock. I don't know why I bother explaining things to you, your just going to call it shit anyways, and probably skip school again.

Last edited:

kevin_trinh

You should be awarded for the dumbest poster of the week. You do realize writers of a story already have the full script already written down long before the release of a game series, don't you? Whether it be a movie or novel or whatever? Whether its the Witcher trilogy, Star Wars, FFXIII or Xenosaga, ect. they already know the FULL story long before its a game. It's up to development to split the story up into separate games, and this could be done for a variety of reasons. How is this any different for FF7R? The only difference is that you already know the full story from the previous game, but that doesn't change the fact that it can't be rewritten or expanded upon, we already seen this with Star Wars so it's nothing new unless you been living under a rock. I don't know why I bother explaining things to you, your just going to call it shit anyways, and probably skip school again.
Becoz you are the dumbest on this planet. 1 story can be divide to 100 part to make 100 game, yes, but you need more than story to make a game. Even you already has the story, you still need to create things like location, stage, enemies, gameplay, NPC etc....While trilogy like TW, FF13 has the same story setting as previous game, they still have different gameplay, enemies, location, NPC etc... for the next game. You are telling me FF13 LR has same gameplay as FF13-1 and 2?

Meanwhile in FF7R, they called it next part for a reason. When the gameplay is finished, it will be the same for every part, just some minor change or mechanic. They also had every setting, design, location....for the game, they just can't put it together in time. Stop being a dumb fanboy and use ur brain

D.Final

Banned
Some people are arrogant enough to think their vision is superior than the creators (multiple brains working together seeing the bigger picture of what most people want + their original story) and the game should cater around them, selfishly prioritizing their desires and fuck the rest of the world. If people want a game that meets their desires, they should create it themselves, see how many people will prefer their vision vs the team creation.

Ironically these same people are usually the same sheep following the herd when it comes to reviews, where were all these "turn based" complainers when every Zelda game was getting perfect scores across the board? If that's the only gameplay element that they require, then where's this turn based Zelda game? Yes I'm aware Zelda was originally an adventure game, regardless we are talking about gameplay mechanic people seemingly cant live without.

Let the development team do their jobs and create their vision, people will adapt afterwards just like they did with Zelda.

I completely agree

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I hope everybody that is looking forward to this enjoys the game. But this gameplay style isn't for me, unfortunately. I'd love to play this game, and I was previously hoping it would play like the original. But I very much hate this style of RPG. Oh well..

D.Final

Banned
I hope everybody that is looking forward to this enjoys the game. But this gameplay style isn't for me, unfortunately. I'd love to play this game, and I was previously hoping it would play like the original. But I very much hate this style of RPG. Oh well..

I think it was better to create a new battle system for Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Rather than repeating the old one again at 1: 1.

Because if they wanted to make a copy of the original, they wouldn't ever done a Remake at all.
(and this was stated in one of the old interviews done at Nomura)

Last edited:

Oh I will enjoy it, I'll let you know how much I like it :messenger_beaming:

Mojo1990

This is how I had hope for FFXV to look like 10 years ago and I'm still hopeful that SE are able to realise this vision In the near future :

*artistic vision for mens clothing line reminded me of how I always wanted Final Fantasy to look like.

TheContact

People will complain that the characters are moving rather than standing still in "Classic" mode. To me it's the same concept, only in 3d movement instead of 2d, but people are afraid to evolve with the times.

I think you have a misconception about classic mode. It’s nothing like it is in the original.
min ff7 original you could do your atb gauge in wait or active mode, in the former you could take your time between actions but in active mode, the enemies attacked when their own atb gauge filled, regardless of you taking your turn

in the remake, the only thing the atb gauge does is allow you to essentially pause the action in order to have more time selecting menu options like which spell to cast. The “classic” mode simply has your characters auto attack so instead of spending the inputs choosing attack, you can focus more on menu selection. The atb gauge fills automatically as the character attacks automatically, effectively making the classic mode simply having the characters auto attack and not activating some kind of turn based gameplay akin to a wait mode

I think you have a misconception about classic mode. It’s nothing like it is in the original.
min ff7 original you could do your atb gauge in wait or active mode, in the former you could take your time between actions but in active mode, the enemies attacked when their own atb gauge filled, regardless of you taking your turn

in the remake, the only thing the atb gauge does is allow you to essentially pause the action in order to have more time selecting menu options like which spell to cast. The “classic” mode simply has your characters auto attack so instead of spending the inputs choosing attack, you can focus more on menu selection. The atb gauge fills automatically as the character attacks automatically, effectively making the classic mode simply having the characters auto attack and not activating some kind of turn based gameplay akin to a wait mode

No misconception on my part, FF7 is my favorite game of all time, but nice try bud.

Aggelos

US and EU version boxart.

5n818ixsh5l31.jpg

48784831786_91928afb8a_h.jpg

Top Bottom