• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

D.Final

Banned
20QTDSF.jpg

d19RQ90.gif

HBOkGXe.jpg

6FfxlBd.jpg

gkmoWhJ.jpg

vDYpO5U.jpg

uZw4teL.gif

SvG8CTA.jpg

EQ4oM1n.gif

MpeJjPl.jpg

riVVJcu.gif

jp8ZRWP.jpg

QYbFvYI.gif

hUv8LVk.jpg

XyfQvrK.gif

HAlBYFP.jpg

pP4rJ4W.gif

vXbAF8I.png

Xh5WdLo.gif

ahO7yQh.jpg

LdiJQD2.gif

3YOesJm.jpg

owzSKCj.jpg

lRvg8ji.jpg

QpZibFZ.jpg

nU85HXm.jpg

ncEpHzN.jpg

lOqI8Yr.jpg

HWmS0vj.jpg

PrRXLcL.jpg

L9DHVu4.jpg

zvgbOQE.jpg

prd0bOx.jpg

ZQ665q0.jpg

SZ4qv7Y.jpg

1pnhG9d.jpg

5tp1rhI.png

Axskem0.jpg

Bhz4PoG.jpg

v76cNwE.jpg

Review Thread

Spoiler Thread

U8w9JgQ.jpg

Official Site

Where to buy it

Kn1CtQy.jpg

d1pdBPE.jpg

QnSDzIO.gif

E5W3oF6.png

Now let's enjoy the Reunion

This is not a "general" conversation on Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Is a conversation about the game, game experiences, game opinions, advice, help, and unparalleled opinions, and stop.
Everything else, like sales, ideas, comparisons with other games, news conversations, free spoiler, or sequel discussions, are all Off-Topic conversations here.
To try to keep order in this conversation, I will clarify the basic points, and its rules.

1- in this conversation it is possible to speak freely about the opinions of the game, and only about the options of the game.

2- In this discussion you can give any kind of help and suggestion, in order to help and give advice to players in difficulty with the game.

3- images, videos, trailers can be posted (official only related to FFVII Remake 1), but you cannot freely post too spoiler images for the main plot.
(such as final Bosses, filmed sequences of chapter 16/17 / and 18 in particular)
And try to cover as much as possible any spoiler with the appropriate forum spoiler tag.

4- it is allowed to speak only of news concerning expressly and exclusively the videogame sector of Final Fantasy VII Remake (1).
[like DLC, patches, or free game updates]

In this conversation there is a ban on:

1- talk about things unrelated to the game, including news about the sequels, sales data, spoilers and spilere articles dedicated to the game from other sites.

2- prohibition from attacking, or denigrating, users' personal opinions related to the game.

3- complete and total prohibition to compare this game with other games, in order to avoid unnecessary and unpleasant Off-Topic.

4- total ban on posting material considered as Spoilers, such as the examples mentioned above, and it is forbidden to post any other Spoilers without first having used the Spoiler function of the site.

5- ban on creating conversations, here, about news unrelated to the game of Final Fantasy VII Remake (1).
Including news regarding sales data, news on the sequel, on spoilers, on hypotheses, etc.....

These are the rules for participating in this conversation.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Awesome OT - trying to stay away from spoilers and such til Friday!
Praise D.Final D.Final

fantastic work

keep checking my inbox to see that BB has shipped my copy. So stoked man. Probably biggest release of 2020 for me so far.

I tend to play games very slowly so 45 hours for most people could be 60 for me
Congrats for the OT!

I'm patiently waiting for my digital version to unlock.

Hype over 9999 :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I can't wait!! Nice OT! Keep going!

Is pre-load available already?

Yup :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Aggelos

LET'S GO BROTHERS! It is time for the bloody reunion. As Kadaj always envisaged and envisioned it!
Let's get this Reunion Hype-Train under way!

AS KADAJ WOULD SAY in FF7 Advent Children ->
母さんの力が必要なんだよ、リユニオンには、どうしても

僕のリユニオンをみせてあげるよ!

=============================================================================================================================================================

THE PSX 2015 event, somehow shows CyberConnect2's work on the game.

"CyberConnect2 was previously involved in developing Final Fantasy VII Remake with Square Enix, but left the project (citing regular mismanagement) to resume development of their own projects and more amicable collaborations. They were tasked with developing the Final Fantasy VII Remake, described in CyberConnect2's March 2015 Famitsu job advertisement as a photo-realistic role-playing game targeted at the international market being built using Unreal Engine 4 involving physically based rendering. As of May 2017, it has been confirmed that Square Enix has taken over the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake. "

Famitsu captured the Audience Reactions during the airing/screening of the PSX 2015 trailer

Mind you, the E3 2015 trailer was just a CGI promo created by Visual Works.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Always pronounced it as Mah-ko. You have to think about the Japanese language and how the alphabets there are pronounced like Ma, Ko, Ne, To, etc. Another example is a Japanese name called Mariko, which is pronounced as "Mah-Ree-Ko".

So yeah, always been Mah-ko!

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Wonderful OT. It’s crazy to think that you can create such a thread when you look back to the late 90’s where posters, magazine ads, and pop up stands were all what were being used. Not to mention TV commercials.

From being amazed by the back of the CD case, to wondering if this was ever going to be out for PS3, everything lead up to this week.

DonJorginho

Banned
How long until this thread becomes like the spoiler thread where people are actively seeking out those who enjoy this game and are throwing them abuse?

So much saltiness from some "fans".

In other news, I got as far as the title screen today, but I ejected that disc hella fast and am waiting to see if this day one patch comes out.

Manji Uzuki

Great OT, thanks for doing this!

Can't wait to play this on Friday. Dude, the music and visuals of this game are just incredible. When the remake was announced back in 2015 I was concerned about how would the characters look like but they are just perfect

Last edited:

Kev Kev

been avoiding GAF like the plague until the release of this game but i just had to come in here and say...

CHOOOO CHOOOOOOO!!! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN BABY LESS' GO! AINT NO GETTIN OFF, ESPECIALLY YOU SPIKYYYYY!!!

aight homies, peace out until i get at least 5 to 6 hours deep on this game. :messenger_peace:

Ma-Yuan

Really hope for the day one patch that fixes the Texture issues >< Other then that having a blast so far. I am at chapter 9 done all sidequests and have 12h on the clock. Its a bit on the easy side. Never died so far. (Normal mode) Already sad that is only around 40h to complete it with side quests.

Shrap

Who else was actually happy when Jessie died? She was the most irritating cringe inducing character I've seen in a long time.

I've nearly finished it, just tying up some loose ends and chasing some trophies.

Aggelos

Latest entry in the "Inside FF7 Remake"

=================================================================================================================================
Previously available

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Nice. Hmu next time, I’ll help with an OT. 🔥
LET'S GO BROTHERS! It is time for the bloody reunion. As Kadaj always envisaged and envisioned it!
Let's get this Reunion Hype-Train under way!

AS KADAJ WOULD SAY in FF7 Advent Children ->
母さんの力が必要なんだよ、リユニオンには、どうしても

僕のリユニオンをみせてあげるよ!

=============================================================================================================================================================

THE PSX 2015 event, somehow shows CyberConnect2's work on the game.

"CyberConnect2 was previously involved in developing Final Fantasy VII Remake with Square Enix, but left the project (citing regular mismanagement) to resume development of their own projects and more amicable collaborations. They were tasked with developing the Final Fantasy VII Remake, described in CyberConnect2's March 2015 Famitsu job advertisement as a photo-realistic role-playing game targeted at the international market being built using Unreal Engine 4 involving physically based rendering. As of May 2017, it has been confirmed that Square Enix has taken over the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake. "

Famitsu captured the Audience Reactions during the airing/screening of the PSX 2015 trailer

Mind you, the E3 2015 trailer was just a CGI promo created by Visual Works.

Been really enjoying my time with this. Up to chapter 8 now, and it's amazing to see some of the locations in HD. Also, the music has been fantastic so far. Below is a playlist:

Wonderful OT. It’s crazy to think that you can create such a thread when you look back to the late 90’s where posters, magazine ads, and pop up stands were all what were being used. Not to mention TV commercials.

From being amazed by the back of the CD case, to wondering if this was ever going to be out for PS3, everything lead up to this week.
Excellent OP D.Final

Can't wait for Friday to pop up so I can finally experience the HYPE!

Ice cold you might say
Great OT, thanks for doing this!

Can't wait to play this on Friday. Dude, the music and visuals of this game are just incredible. When the remake was announced back in 2015 I was concerned about how would the characters look like but they are just perfect
Great OT. I took Friday off so I'll be waiting for UPS to arrive then diving into this for a long play session.
been avoiding GAF like the plague until the release of this game but i just had to come in here and say...

CHOOOO CHOOOOOOO!!! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN BABY LESS' GO! AINT NO GETTIN OFF, ESPECIALLY YOU SPIKYYYYY!!!

aight homies, peace out until i get at least 5 to 6 hours deep on this game. :messenger_peace:
Latest entry in the "Inside FF7 Remake"

=================================================================================================================================
Previously available

I can't wait to play it :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Hype over 9999 x 15 = Omnislash!

vneAhpg.gif

Last edited:
The original Final Fantasy VII is one of my all-time favorite game.

I've bee playing this game since the last Friday and I've gotta say that it has brought me man tears a couple of times (in a very good way). It's so much better than I ever hoped for.

I dont't want to spoil anything and don't want to get spoiled, so I'm avoiding this thread for now.

Top Bottom