• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

The_hunter

Just got the last challenge for the VR missions post game, the top secrets. It's all the vr bosses in a row :messenger_hushed:, should I get all the hardmode manuscripts before attempting this?

Kev Kev

Just got the last challenge for the VR missions post game, the top secrets. It's all the vr bosses in a row :messenger_hushed:, should I get all the hardmode manuscripts before attempting this?
yeah, its the hardest fight in the game. might as well do everything else first and come back.

you also might want to look up a strategy, it requires some pretty specific actions to be taken at the right time. i had trouble with it but eventually was able to take them down. the rewards are worth it tho.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out gameplay of this hilarious mod for Final Fantasy 7 Remake: low poly characters in high-res environments.

Created by Nexusmods user FantasyRaiderr, Polygonal Players is an ff7 remake mod that replaces key character models with their original ff7 models. This model swap carries over to in-game cutscenes and battles, but pre-rendered cutscenes won’t be altered. Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Barret, and more will pop like never before. This ff7 remake pc mod is one of our favorites, but there are plenty more to check out. Here's hoping for another ff7 demake mod in the future.

TexMex

After multiple false starts, and starting over when the PS5 version hit - I finally finished this 3 years later.

Honestly - I hate this fucking game.

Which sucks because it gets so many things right. The presentation is incredible. The soundtrack is all time. Absolutely love the hybrid battle system.

But christ I was so bored every other chapter. The pacing in this thing is such a drag and there's so much totally unnecessary padding. Every time it starts moving and getting exciting it will absolutely come full stop for some terrible mini game or another slew of terrible side quests to find kids playing hide and seek, herd kittens, go kill 5 rats, play records for some NPCs, find some ingredients. I understand you can opt out of this stuff but I never do because I don't know if I'm about to sacrifice some sort of OP reward for doing so.

Admittedly I'm a huge trophy whore too and this is one rare case (for me) where the trophies actively make the game worse. Giving up on the notion of getting platinum about half way in definitely helped.

I love these characters and this world, and the presentation is really lights out, but goddamn is this often times such a slog to get through.

Top Bottom