• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Official Cover Revealed

D.Final

Banned
Perfection.

I agree.

NNzSVZd.gif

UmqP1lK.gif

3AT9U7L.gif

By now there is not much time left before the official relase of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

QJbgru8.gif

And the Hype is over 9999 :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Aggelos

FF7R demo footage from Italy (Eng voice over). - Probably the best quality no commentary gameplay available- (gameplay-wise the player is not that good, mind you)
Probably you can hear new dialogues and stuff in this one. And of course the music!!!! Teh Music!

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
FF7R demo footage from Italy (Eng voice over). - Probably the best quality no commentary gameplay available- (gameplay-wise the player is not that good, mind you)
Probably you can hear new dialogues and stuff in this one. And of course the music!!!! Teh Music!

Really very beautiful atmosphere :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
And the rearranged OSTs are something exceptional :messenger_smiling_hearts:

P. S .: I did just in time to see the video.
Because now it seems that the gameplay video has been removed from youtube.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Really very beautiful atmosphere :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
And the rearranged OSTs are something exceptional :messenger_smiling_hearts:

P. S .: I did just in time to see the video.
Because now it seems that the gameplay video has been removed from youtube.

the video was removed apparently, because they weren't supposed to unveil all this without commentary and the necessary editing-trimming-curtailment.
Companies might be imposing very strict rules to VG journalists as to how they will present their coverage.
Ostensibly those guys broke the rules that Square-Enix might have issued beforehand.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
the video was removed apparently, because they weren't supposed to unveil all this without commentary and the necessary editing-trimming-curtailment.
Companies might be imposing very strict rules to VG journalists as to how they will present their coverage.
Ostensibly those guys broke the rules that Square-Enix might have issued beforehand.

I see.

It was great to hear some rearranged OST in excellent quality.

D.Final

Banned

The Reunion is coming :messenger_smiling_hearts:

P.S .: This is also the advertising video of the game on YouTube.

It happened to me several times to seeing it watching videos daily.
And the video advertising of epic things like this game I will never skip.
Because it's too beautiful :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Sweets

Neo Member
Do you have the quote?
All I remember them saying is that we wouldn't have to wait as long for the next installments as we did for this one.

By the time this releases it will have been almost 5 years since it was announced (E3 2015). So the next one could come in 2, 3 or even 4 years and the statement would still hold true
I think we're remembering them say the same thing

at the very least, we won't be waiting nearly half a decade for future installments haha

D.Final

Banned
I'm sure that probably Final Fantasy VII Remake, as a multi-game project, will be completed by about 2026.

This is because by 2022 the second part, Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, will be released publicly.
And this means that, with it, much of the complete work will be defined and reported also in the next part of the game.

For this the output will be, relatively, much faster as the parts come out.
Because much of that part and game parts will also be a large part of the future parts.
And thus greatly reducing development times.

Last edited:

greyshark

I'm sure that probably Final Fantasy VII Remake, as a multi-game project, will be completed by about 2026.

This is because by 2022 the second part, Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, will be released publicly.
And this means that, with it, much of the complete work will be defined and reported also in the next part of the game.

For this the output will be, relatively, much faster as the parts come out.
Because much of that part and game parts will also be a large part of the future parts.
And thus greatly reducing development times.

My initial thought is to agree with that timeline, but this series will be cross gen. The next two games will almost certainly be PS5 only - how will that affect their code reuse? I can’t imagine they’d be releasing an ‘upscaled’ PS4 game in 2024 or whatever.

D.Final

Banned
My initial thought is to agree with that timeline, but this series will be cross gen. The next two games will almost certainly be PS5 only - how will that affect their code reuse? I can’t imagine they’d be releasing an ‘upscaled’ PS4 game in 2024 or whatever.

Today it is difficult to define what their final intentions are with this project.
But, I also think that, if they wanted to, they could also do it on both PS4 and PS5, since the project will always use the Unreal Engine 4.
(although, on a purely technical level, future parts will require a much greater technical value than the first part of the game project, certainly)

However, for a single question of timing, it is very likely that it will take less time to implement the next parts of the entire project.
(perhaps managing to finish it all by 2026)
Because, once part 2 is done, the following ones will always be easier and faster to carry out, at a technical planning level, since they will use as a basis what they have already created with Part 1 and Part 2, etc.
For this reason we could also arrive at an annual release that arrived at that point.
(certainly it wouldn't offer a better technical compartment than a Horizon 2 or a new God of War for PS5 [because for reach that technical side they will have to do Final Fantasy XVI], but in this way they could manage the entire Final Fantasy VII Remake project in a more logical and with better timing)

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
Graphics and gameplay look good.... I am more worried about crap like DLC or preorder exclusive summons

D.Final

Banned
I hope that the tactical mode is better than the disgrace that was tactical mode in final shit 15...

Perhaps because FF XV had never been created to have a tactical mode from the beginning?
Have you ever thought about it?

Final Fantasy XV is an action jpg, and it is also an excellent game and an excellent Final Fantasy.

So it is better to start avoiding unnecessary and meaningless comparisons

GymWolf

Perhaps because FF XV had never been created to have a tactical mode from the beginning?
Have you ever thought about it?

Final Fantasy XV is an action jpg, and it is also an excellent game and an excellent Final Fantasy.

So it is better to start avoiding unnecessary and meaningless comparisons
You lost me at ff15 being more than a mediocre unfinished game with good graphics, but hey, more power to you if you like that thing...

If you have unlimited faith and trust in modern square good for you but don't break people balls if they have doubts or different opinion about square and their output in last years...

D.Final

Banned
You lost me at ff15 being more than a mediocre unfinished game with good graphics, but hey, more power to you if you like that thing...

If you have unlimited faith and trust in modern square good for you but don't break people balls if they have doubts or different opinion about square and their output in last years...

I trust Square Enix also thanks to their immense output of games that have lasted all these years.
(and among these also great games like
Final Fantasy XV, Octopath Traveler, Nier Automata and Dragon Quest XI)
And this great commitment has also been extended to this generation.

Then, everyone has their own opinions, and everyone thinks very differently.
But we certainly cannot deny the great commitment he has put into all these years.

And then, again, everyone can choose if what they do is good or not, in base of their opinion, but this don't cancel automatically the big commitment that he has put in these years.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I trust Square Enix also thanks to their immense output of games that have lasted all these years.
(and among these also great games like
Final Fantasy XV, Octopath Traveler, Nier Automata and Dragon Quest XI)
And this great commitment has also been extended to this generation.

Then, everyone has their own opinions, and everyone thinks very differently.
But we certainly cannot deny the great commitment he has put into all these years.

And then, again, everyone can choose if what they do is good or not, in base of their opinion, but this don't cancel automatically the big commitment that he has put in these years.
undestandable on you part if you like their games (i only love nier from that list and that game is yoko taro+platinum mostly), just don't think that everybody has the same trust on their work.

i'm a huge ff7 fanboy and that's why i'm terrified.

Top Bottom