• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - new screenshots revealed (Midgard, The 7th Heaven, and more)

D.Final

Banned
Only Hype
Epic Hype
Legendary Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

vL8zsPO.jpg

OafIjoP.jpg

0busxmN.jpg

WCWjOmF.jpg

oCPZJlq.jpg

sEBP81r.jpg

VDaXoNJ.jpg

YcJpIMq.jpg

ADSOGuE.jpg

PXsLz1U.jpg

kv3YZvt.jpg

wJAXqnA.jpg

tOYIMOO.jpg

IOq0xay.jpg

WKAmPHq.jpg

SGhEpBa.jpg

Nt4Hju9.jpg

d0C91Bd.jpg

V4CpPe0.gif

ngBvT4B.gif

N6Ta0EU.gif

uaqnqN5.gif

Last edited:

Myths

That materia thing... looks like something I did years back. Nice...

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I was very cautious about this game at first but SE seems to be nailing everything about it and they are treating it with the utmost respect to the original game so i'm very happy about that.

The only thing i don't like is that it will be separated in parts.

Look on the bright side. Better to release a polished, complete product in parts than bite off more than you can chew and be forced to present a game that has been chopped and edited in order to meet publishing dead lines and budget constraints.
Yeah ok.

They're doing it this way to make money on it quicker. Looks like they got a bunch of cash for timed exclusivity as well. I'm guessing they'll rerelease this part on PS5 before the 2nd part comes out.

Dunno how you can spin Square in a positive light remaking a single game into 2 or 3 full price parts.

Gexxy1

Yeah ok.

They're doing it this way to make money on it quicker. Looks like they got a bunch of cash for timed exclusivity as well. I'm guessing they'll rerelease this part on PS5 before the 2nd part comes out.

Dunno how you can spin Square in a positive light remaking a single game into 2 or 3 full price parts.
They're adding stuff to it. At least half of the things shown either in gameplay or cinematic scenes wasn't in the original game.

D.Final

Banned
Final Fantasy XV is a great Final Fantasy, one of the biggest and best ever made.

And also for this I have an extreme confidence in Final Fantasy VII Remake and in Square Enix.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side. Better to release a polished, complete product in parts than bite off more than you can chew and be forced to present a game that has been chopped and edited in order to meet publishing dead lines and budget constraints.

Very well said. I kinda wish FFXV was in parts, imagine what they could've done if they fleshed out everything, heck Altissia could've been its own game and shown everything that was in TGS trailer. The game could've played like a mix between Final Fantasy and Assassin Creed.

Poordevil

Yeah ok.

More than spinning I am taking a point of view based on past experience. Ever play Gothic 3? Huge arpg that was shipped before it was done. There were 3 huge worlds, or areas, and each one had enough content for a single game. Piranha Bytes had to ship an unfinished game because this vision they had for a massive arpg was not doable under real world constraints of time and budget. I really think remaking ff7 into a modern game, the way fans of the game envision it, would be a Herculean effort. More work than could be done in a single sitting.

If they're full 40-60 hour RPGs, with this level of detail and polish, why not? Nintendo just had a B-team remake an 8 hour 2D game and charged $60 and no one batted an eye.

Nor should they as Link's Awakening is worth every penny

I batted an eye... I... eye... 🧐

First image of Cloud in drag.

xRFRV3v.jpg
That's my problem with numura. he is a terrible, a god damn fucking terrible, art designer. All of his characters look the same but wearing different wigs.

And then there's the zippers. And the buckles. And the clown shoes.

thelastword

Banned
Man this is such a nice step up from the lower poly characters in FFXIII + X2 + LR...……...Next gen should be bonkers,,,,,

Ryu Kaiba

Yeah ok.

Long before this game was even announced I was saying if they were going to remake it properly it would have to be done in parts. People wanting a full on remake in one shot don't remember how massive that game actually was! How many locations and towns you visit, how many scenes would need to be recreated in modern fidelity. It's a huge undertaking. You're being a child.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Final Fantasy VII imo is the best game ever made. At first I thought a Remake version would be blasphemous but I'm really warming up to it now.

Top Bottom