• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake: new screenshots and details on Tseng, Don Corneo, new characters, Wall Market, Honeybee Inn, Leviathan, and more

D.Final

Banned
Square Enix has released new information and screenshots of Final Fantasy VII Remake highlighting Turks leader Tseng, Wall Market ruler Don Corneo, Barret’s abilities in battle, the Wall Market and Honey Bee Inn, the Leviathan summon, and more.

Tseng (voiced by Junichi Suwabe in Japanese)

GqgUlXN.jpg

uiMmEfk.jpg

Tseng is the leader of the Turks.
The Turks are a small, elite organization with Shinra that does everything the company needs it to – be it scouting out candidates for SOLDIER, protecting VIPs, or even assassination.
Their cool-headed leader has a knack for managing his eccentric subordinates. He’s an old acquaintance of Aerith’s, and has been keeping watch over her since she moved to the slums.

inzCDSk.jpg

Don Corneo (voiced by Youhei Tadano in Japanese)

I0ZSIVa.jpg

This lecherous scumbag is the true ruler of Wall Market. He hosts nightly auditions for the “next Mrs. Corneo” and although his mouth is as foul as his face, he has an uncanny way with people—even the dregs of society are securely under his thumb.

zfYfDui.jpg

Andrea Rhodea (named Aniyan Kunyan in Japanese) (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita in Japanese)

jrLxSJJ.jpg

The owner of—and dancer at—the Honeybee Inn is a man of influence within the quarter, with the authority to approve women for Corneo’s auditions. Each night, he dazzles his crowd with performances that defy description. Always seeking perfection, he rigorously trains both his mind and body.

8dFmvug.jpg

Leslie Kyle (voiced by Tasuku Hatanaka in Japanese)

WIglIti.jpg

Don Corneo’s lackey may look young, but he has the heart of an old curmudgeon. His dead-eyed stare and general apathy have earned him pride of place among the don’s men.

QaKx713.jpg

Madam M (voiced by Yuka Komatsu in Japanese)

4TJLi3e.jpg

Madam M is the proprietress of a hand-massage parlor in Wall Market. Like Andrea, she has a great deal of influence within the quarter—that includes the authority to approve women for Corneo’s auditions. Be warned that she’s a prideful sort, and only as courteous as her customers are deep-pocketed.

sMP6pP2.jpg

Chocobo Sam (voiced by Masashi Sugawara in Japanese)

uO5FFWD.jpg

A Chocobo handler in Wall Market, Chocobo Sam is another prominent figure with the authority to approve women for Corneo’s auditions. He runs a delivery service called Sam’s Delivery. He also happens to be an avid gambler—though he’s hooked more on the rush than any money he may win.

XerP0eN.jpg

Battle Introduction: Barret

Barret’s gun arm makes him an ideal long-ranged fighter. Push the square button, and Barret will fire a volley from his machine gun. You can also hold down the button for an extended salvo.

17SJbIA.jpg

Unique Ability

If you press the triangle button, you can use Barret’s “Overcharge” attack. Not only is it more powerful than standard shots, it fills a large portion of his ATB gauge.
Bear in mind that once used, it takes a long time to recharge this attack—but you can speed up the reload process by pressing triangle again.

Hu5xMdv.jpg

Abilities

When Barret fills his ATB gauge, he can use one of his special abilities. Here are just a couple of the things he can do.

IM6Hjno.jpg

—Focused Shot
This ability uses up all available ATB charges to deliver a powerful attack. Not only does it do good damage, it also fills up an enemy’s stagger gauge—get that to max and they’ll be susceptible to even more damage!

HLRW3JF.jpg

—Lifesaver
This ability definitely lives up to its name! After activating it, Barret will share some of his HP with allies when they take damage.

Materia
Command Materia: Enemy Skill

62HIjL4.jpg

Materia is vitally important in Final Fantasy VII Remake. Equipping these orbs allows your characters to use magic, special abilities and more.
When a party member has this equipped, they have a chance to learn certain enemy attacks that are used on them. Note that the character can only use these skills while the materia is equipped.

The World of Final Fantasy VII Remake

Wall Market

Built on the ruins of the collapsed Sector 6 plate, Wall Market is Midgar’s biggest—and most infamous—entertainment quarter. It’s run by Don Corneo and is almost entirely free of Shinra’s influence. It’s an incredibly lively area that offers plenty of… let’s say ‘intriguing’ ways to pass the lonely nights.

MD1h02U.jpg

xVhi4CC.jpg

5QprHGT.jpg

3b5bvFW.jpg

Corneo Colosseum
Located beneath the bustling streets of Wall Market, the Corneo Colosseum gives brave fighters the chance to engage in brutal battles against both man and monster. Winners of a colosseum bout receive glory, fame, and a substantial reward.

PR3xWiJ.jpg

xiQKCNt.jpg

The Honeybee Inn
Situated in Wall Market, the Honeybee Inn is the area’s premier nightclub, and offers nights few will ever forget—as its staff frequently remind its patrons. Every night, audiences are dazzled by the Honeybee Inn’s gorgeous cast of honeygirls and boys. This unique venue also provides private rooms for its more discerning customers, allowing them to enjoy time in private with the performers of their choice.

2KYXJNb.jpg

VVWauHY.jpg

tdLJLwI.jpg

At one point in the story, Tifa and Aerith glam themselves up to infiltrate Don Corneo’s mansion. Cloud is left with no choice but to dress to impress as well. Each character has multiple costumes too!

LXblT9y.jpg

hZXYWl4.jpg

GXJTjOg.jpg

Beginner’s Hall
This is Beginner’s Hall—a location where you can learn the basics of weapon enhancement.

vtepDYM.jpg

There’s a weapon shop on the ground floor.

ePE8di1.jpg

The second floor is used as the base of operations for the neighborhood watch.

New Feature: Jukebox
While you wander around town, you may come across areas playing special music. You can get these songs as music discs from shops or citizens.

CWS1vXi.jpg

When you can acquire a disc, an icon will appear in the top left of the screen.

vkcVMHx.jpg

Once collected, you can play a disc on any jukebox. This one can be found in Tifa’s bar—Seventh Heaven.

v5ZWPzt.jpg

Summon: Leviathan
Summons are a particularly powerful type of Materia. Equip one to a character, and they’ll be able to bring a powerful ally into battle. Today we’re introducing a summon that will make quite a splash—Leviathan.

TWiaFtP.jpg

Worshipped as a deity in the Wutai region, this non-elemental summon takes the form of a water serpent.

1g4WrPz.jpg

Leviathan evokes a savage beauty as it rises from the briny depths, generating tidal waves that wash foes away.

Last edited:

SantaC

Why do I feel like these new characters look like something straight out of FF15 (puke).
They really don't look like they belong, is the FF15 team doing the remake or why are they so damn unappealing?
Gotta recycle them assets

Final Fantasy VII: FFXV

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

D.Final

Banned
Why do I feel like these new characters look like something straight out of FF15 (puke).
They really don't look like they belong, is the FF15 team doing the remake or why are they so damn unappealing?

He is just another character probably designed by Nomura.
I am not surprised at his design choices for years now.
I don't see much of the problem in the end.

Pallas

Gold Member
I wonder, do you think we will be able to explore all of Midgar? Iirc you never got a chance to check out the other sectors and once you leave Midgar, there was no way to get back in.

That honey bee scene is gonna be wild by the way.

Tomeru

Its funny how much of a Tifa guy I am. I saw that picture of Aeris (deal with it) in the red dress earlier, and thought damn beautiful. And now I see Tifa in that blue dress and Im like pffffff Aeris who?

Shin

Banned
Its funny how much of a Tifa guy I am. I saw that picture of Aeris (deal with it) in the red dress earlier, and thought damn beautiful. And now I see Tifa in that blue dress and Im like pffffff Aeris who?
Sounds like right hand cheating on your left hand kinda problem :messenger_hushed:
Does the game support HDR does anyone know? It will be glorious to play modern day's gaming on a a brand new OLED when the time arrives :3

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Not excited about teasers for added (padded) content. I have no faith that current-day SE can generate amazing content that is worth playing. I want to play through everything that was remade from the original, but the amount of new stuff they are adding has me legitimately worried.

Bkdk

Feels more like Yakuza for the side content and exploration, which is awesome, pretty cool characters too.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder how in god"s name they're gonna make a 40 hour game out of Midgar...
Well you played the awesome demo right?

Well, it makes the OG bombing run feel like a cliff notes version. That's how. The demo rules and goes by fast even though first playthrough it's almost around an hour long. If the core story feels like this but with additional side content it can easily be 30+ hour game. Who cares if the characters are as enjoyable as they are here, and the combat is as fun as it is? The quality is clearly there on a level Square hasn't had in a long time outside of 14.

Kagoshima_Luke Kagoshima_Luke

Not excited about teasers for added (padded) content. I have no faith that current-day SE can generate amazing content that is worth playing. I want to play through everything that was remade from the original, but the amount of new stuff they are adding has me legitimately worried.

You should watch Maximillion Dood's video on his 3-4 hours with the game. One of the biggest FF7 fans out there and he had nothing but heavy praise for it. In fact I haven't seen anyone really complain much about the pace of the game or that it's content felt extremely padded in a bad way.

some spoilers within -

Last edited:

Kumomeme

maybe they just simply followed to the ff-ish artsytle of aesthetic? visual work surely help them on this as how ffxv is...look how their cgi looks like..probably thats kind of standard SE want their future ff game looks like..they always targeting their cgi cinematic as benchmark though

Perhaps the problem itself looking at recent years.
This is the character I was referring to, the rest seem to fit the world nicely.

QaKx713.jpg

This silver-haired bishie just looks like normal SE male design.

On the other hand, Chocobo Dan looks bizarre as hell. Like the humans in New Donk City.

LMJ

Awesome to see that SE is clearly trying to flesh out Midgar in a meaningful way, not just pointless fetch quest etc, but actual developed characters and scenarios...

I can't wait, each new piece of info makes the wait until next month all the harder lol

LordKasual

Banned

Because you're choosing to see FF15 in the characters.

FF has been using this artstyle for well over a decade.

It's just Nomura's character design, really.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I swear Square have two face models and they just swap hair styles for each character.
Gotta recycle them assets

Final Fantasy VII: FFXV
I get what you're saying

But, ever heard of a template?
It's also using a prebuilt engine (UE4) instead of a custom built one

No reason to reinvent the wheel; especially when that wheel is a face
dude omg. every thing that comes out about this game gets me more and more hype.

we are going to be dealing with this virus on April 10 no doubt about it.

what a time to be quarantined.
Psh
I work in IT and my boss STILL won't let me work from home
Schools are closed where I'm at, and my boss still makes me drag my ass into the office

Top Bottom