• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Trailer

Daffy Duck

It's totally unreasonable to expect the PS5 version for free if you get FF7R as part of PS+.

But I'm happy I will finally get to play FF7R. I couldn't buy it without knowing;

a) how many parts the original is being split into
b) how the open world sections are going to work
c) when they plan on having this remake fully complete
d) what content is going to be cut

TheGejsza

LOL, so aparently FF7:R is free PSPlus game in March, but that version cannot be upgraded to the PS5 version. Weird decision Square.

It's a bit convoluted but totally fair IMO. It's WIN for Sony, WIN for SE (more people exposed to FF7R will want to buy next parts) and WIN for players. Those who bought FF7R will probalby get DLC and next parts. Those who were on the fence will now get a chance to try if FF7R is worth their time. And it's pretty new game.

Super cool decision IMO.

Carna

Banned
Yuffie makes me want to quote the japanese twitter artist "mammoth" but I think I get banned if I did :/

Xeaker

AAeCAxAABh6w.jpg

Rodolink

i imagine the mkt ppl going through lists of words and brainstorming sessions to come up with such weird words as "intergrade" wtf

graywolf323

Gold Member
Yeah I saw the same typo. They're in a rush to clarify things lol
I wish they would clarify things like since the only option people who already own the PS4 version digitally have is the free upgrade does that mean we lose out on the preorder bonus/digital deluxe extras of Intergrade? also they haven't confirmed the price of the Yuffie episode I don't believe since we'll have to buy it separately (maybe they'll address my first question by including those things with the purchase of the Yuffie episode?)

Lethal01

I agree and find it shocking that they put douchebike guy in the trailer, does it mean people actually liked him?? I thought he was ridiculous, completely unnecessary other then being filler and killed the already weak plot.

And now we have Silver the hedgehog on top of it and people seem excited?

season 5 episode 20 GIF

I loved roche and the only "Filler' I didn't find fun was the return to the sewer

Varteras

Gold Member
I loved the remake but the shoddy textures and load times got under my skin. Definitely going to have to snag this whenever I manage to get a PS5.

OrionNebula

a) how many parts the original is being split into
b) how the open world sections are going to work
c) when they plan on having this remake fully complete
d) what content is going to be cut

I have the same 4 questions

But mostly b. If we’re not getting an actual world map (to physically travel onto, in-game), imma be super pissed!

I understand it was too much to ask the ps4 without affecting drastically the performances and the graphic level of the game, but if they can’t make it work on ps5, we’re gonna have a problem you and I, Squeenix

the_master

I have the same 4 questions

But mostly b. If we’re not getting an actual world map (to physically travel onto, in-game), imma be super pissed!

I understand it was too much to ask the ps4 without affecting drastically the performances and the graphic level of the game, but if they can’t make it work on ps5, we’re gonna have a problem you and I, Squeenix
I am not sure how you would imagine the full world globe section workiing on ps5.
If they do it it will have to be cartoony to make it small and playable. The use of vehicles could help a bit.

GametimeUK

I waited off playing this game over the past year because I had a feeling an upgrade was coming. Was hoping for a PC release, but PS5 patch will do.

Carna

Banned
link? google got nothing

saintjules

I wish they would clarify things like since the only option people who already own the PS4 version digitally have is the free upgrade does that mean we lose out on the preorder bonus/digital deluxe extras of Intergrade? also they haven't confirmed the price of the Yuffie episode I don't believe since we'll have to buy it separately (maybe they'll address my first question by including those things with the purchase of the Yuffie episode?)

Can't speak for the top half of the comment, but I have a feeling anywhere between $19.99-$29.99 for the Yuffie episode. Will probably depend on how long/much the content is.

Lethal01

unknown.png

Even the slightest improvements in lighting makes things look so much better.
I remember being in this specific spot thinking about how unnaturally lit clouds face is. Shadows add so much.

Can't speak for the top half of the comment, but I have a feeling anywhere between $19.99-$29.99 for the Yuffie episode. Will probably depend on how long/much the content is.

FFXV episodes gladio, prompto and ignis were priced at $5 each. I can't imagine episode Yuffie would cost more than all 3 of those combined.

OrionNebula

I am not sure how you would imagine the full world globe section workiing on ps5.
If they do it it will have to be cartoony to make it small and playable. The use of vehicles could help a bit.
It’s a mostly pretty vast world map with very few, isolated areas. I’m fairly certain something like this can be achieved in some way, this gen. After all, it was already tackled in a somewhat realistic fashion by Square in FFXV (on their first attempt on making an OW FF, on console, I believe), and that was last gen.

Well, since it's Nomura-san expect more "the power of friendship", "I'm darkness and no one understand my pain - cringe edgelord", "I wanna be a hero who save everyone - Kiddie Shonen garbage" shit like that.
Man you're stupid, no really grade A dunce, read the damn credits! each and every FF7 including the original, remake and all of the spinoffs has been written by Kazushige Nojima.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
unknown.png

Even the slightest improvements in lighting makes things look so much better.
I remember being in this specific spot thinking about how unnaturally lit clouds face is. Shadows add so much.
I remember the elevator that takes you to the battle arena basement being particularly weird with the lighting too.

Yeah I saw the same typo. They're in a rush to clarify things lol

"Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VI Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade."

Blasphemy! It's not a typo.

Last edited:

N30RYU

The PS5 version is looking great! Looks like will be the excuse to play it again + the Yuffie episode (that's if I can find a PS5 :messenger_grinning_sweat: )
I would replay it in hard carrying the PS4 saved game... but with Ratchet Rift Apart releasing just the day after It's unlikely to me to play more than the Yuffie DLC

Top Bottom