• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PC on RTX 3090

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's an action RPG essentially, so you don't need DMC fast style reactions, but you do need to know when to block and dodge, while knowing what skills to chain together. Tifa is a little bit more action-y, as is the Yuffie DLC, but you should be able to get through it without DMC skills, there aren't any like, complicated combos or anything.

That being said, as far as skill ceiling itself, you can absolutely make it look DMC-ish at times once you understand the combat, there's some crazy shit on youtube
Sounds neat, thanks man.

The ps4 demo left me with a sour taste because of the combat, but I guess that can be excused since it was the beggining of the game. Guess I'll give this game another chance.

Reactions: K2D

wvnative

It felt button mashy rather than something that would take some skill to beat.

Even in the demo button mashing stopped working for me when I got to the boss.

Anyway, the game down to it's core is knowing how to exploit the stagger gauge, and multiply damage while an enemy is staggered. You will also need to know what enemy attacks to block and dodge (enemy telegraphing was made easier on the PS5 version)

Efficient use of character swapping is also strongly encouraged. In my experience, it isn't button mashy at all although I suppose some regular enemy encounters are sometimes easy once you have good gear/magic setups.

Saucy Papi

Again, come on now. Every product or service you ever used is generated by someone who is trying to make money. That does not have any relevance to the matter whatsoever. Here you have a corporation saying "Hey you, buy our sweet ass new PC game for the low low price of USD79.99! It's totally worth it I promise you!", and then another outlet (backed by a corporation sure) saying "hold on there, there are multiple issues with this game related to x, y, and z, as we illustrate with these example. Maybe this game won't give you a good experience/maybe you should wait for patches/maybe you can use our optimal settings". You tell me who is more on the consumers side here.
Not sure how we got all the way to "who is more on our side?" but my original point was that a lot of their issues were overblown. I'll leave it at that.

hmmm

i can buy the standard version for PS4 or get this for PC. whatever version i go with it will cost £59.99. i know physical is cheaper but i ain't buying physical lmfao.

what do? i have 9900K/32GB/2080 and play at 1440p. is the port really bad? i have 144hz monitor but don't mind playing at 60fps.... as long as it will manage a solid 60fps.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hi , Everyone I would like to share Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PC Version on RTX 3090. The Game only have high settings (2 options only) and FPS option. Even My RTX 3090 I was not able to hit solid 60FPS. Saw Framedrops. The game just look a like compare able to PS5 Version.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PC 4K 60FPS Gameplay at High Settings:​

Man you got it at it's retail price? You are a better man than me. I play at 1440p with a 3080. Are you saying it's locked to 60 fps or that the 3090 cannot run it in 4k at 60 fps?

Yes, a 3090 can run the game at 4k 120fps. There's an option to cap the framerate at 30, 60, or 120
Do you have any confirmation on this...because if a 3090 can do 4k 120 fps then I'm sure my 3080 can run 1440p 120 fps.

Last edited:

captainpat

Do you have any confirmation on this...because if a 3090 can do 4k 120 fps then I'm sure my 3080 can run 1440p 120 fps.

It is unfortunately clear that no major effort was made here to make it the ultimate version of the game, as it should always be the case with a PC release. Sure, you can play it at a higher frame rate if you have the hardware for it. PS5 users can only choose between a 4K@30 mode and a Performance Mode that drops the rendering resolution to 2688x1512 (according to Digital Foundry's test) to reach 60 frames per second. As per our test, PC users with a top-of-the-line rig can easily expect to play at a locked 4K@120 target.

A 3080 should be more than enough for 120fps even at 4k.

Well considering i don't have a 4k monitor and still in 1080p 144hz ips, I am sure my 3060ti will murder this game and get will over 60 consistently (probably over 95 - 100 like in most newer games.).
Looks great, wish i got to beat it before my ps4 went kaput.

Captn

I'm playing 120 on a LG C1 with a 3090 at 4k with Reshade.

Hovers between 100 and 120

Using the "disable resolution scaling" mod here 👌

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Just did an install on my end (3090 w/ intel i9 12900k) and running in 4k 144hrz (eve spectrum) and not maintaining a solid 60hrz. By no means a final assessment (I fiddled with graphics settings long enough to set everything to max) and started it up. Hopefully when I have some time to mess with it over the weekend I will get some better performance results.

...but it is awesome anyway imo :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
People saying one-button is all you need need to suck on a cow tit

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I totally agree. I feel like a good chunk of DF's so called issues would never even be noticed without taking a magnifying glass to them.

Where is all this DF-anxiety coming from lately? I haven't known these guys to be hyperbolists so there must be something BEYOND what the average gamer is seeing for them to not be happy with the port.

rofif

Banned
Maybe on Easy mode, but on Normal or higher this will stop working about halfway through chapter 1
I switched to easy at the end there and it was still challenging. The combat is very fun. I was more interested and story and combat flow than difficulty.
I am not very good but easy proved right for me. I could do it normal but it can get a bit much. Especially the sponges.
anyway. It’s the best game I finished in long time

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Is the combat always this boring? Is lock-on at least optional?

Subjectively, yeah it’s boring, controls badly and feels like a super janky low budget third person slasher. You can tweak it a bit with different settings, there is an option to sort of send commands as if it’s turn based but it’s horrible and you don’t see what’s going on with the hectic nature of the action, I never found any way to play it like I wanted and eventually dropped it altogether.

Objectively, it’s very nice to look at, the settings are spot on and the music is full of nostalgia, if you never liked the strategic turn based combat that made FF7 awesome and don’t care that this isn’t a remake but a completely different game using the same characters and settings you might like it.

I'ts worse than you can possibly imagine. Skilless spam one single button = win. I bet my 3 year old niece could have a field day in this 'game'.

I tried the game on ps4 and the combat did nothing for me. It would be cool if those people that say that's the best battle system ever could give us some reasons.

same here. I really don't get the love some people have for it I thought it was jank as hell
Comedy. Pure comedy.

1.) Crank difficulty up to normal or hard.
2.) Skip any battles you feel like you, only need to spam attack command, to win.
3.) Eat your words.
4.) Win

If it has flaws, it's mainly in last 4 hours, though I beat it with minimal effort.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Man you got it at it's retail price? You are a better man than me. I play at 1440p with a 3080. Are you saying it's locked to 60 fps or that the 3090 cannot run it in 4k at 60 fps?

3090 is like 7-12% faster then a 3080, honestly its almost like a oced 3080. the 3080/3080ti/3090 are practically the same performance wise in games.

If a 3080 can't run it in 120 fps at 4k, 3090 can't either. If a 3090 can run it then 3080 can also, unless v-ram becomes a issue.

Last edited:

Aenima

Is the combat always this boring? Is lock-on at least optional?
Combat is brilliant. But took me some time to get into it. Once you understand well the combat mechanics, gain and evolve ur materias to unlock new moves, is when the combat gets really good.

This video show some of the more usefull advanced moves.

I totally agree. I feel like a good chunk of DF's so called issues would never even be noticed without taking a magnifying glass to them.
You need a magnifying glass to see this issue?

This shit happens all throughout the entire game... give me a damn break.. This port is complete garbage.. and that's not even hyperbole. The game should NOT perform like that.

Fredrik

Comedy. Pure comedy.

2.) Skip any battles you feel like you, only need to spam attack command, to win.
3.) Eat your words.
4.) Win

If it has flaws, it's mainly in last 4 hours, though I beat it with minimal effort.
Changing the difficulty doesn’t make the jank go away and if the battles were great I wouldn’t want to skip them.

Really, the problems for me comes from how they decided to make it a real time third person action game. I’m sure it sold more that way, since it’s more popular now, but I happen to like turn based RPGs so if they turn it into an action game they better do third person action well since that’s also a genre I like. And as far as I’m concerned they failed.

The classic mode, I guess it’s their modern version of turn-based combat, is a complete joke, there is nothing classic about it. And when playing normally it controls badly, the action is too hectic, the camera show too little of the area, for real time combat, especially with multiple characters. I simply don’t enjoy the combat at all. It looks cool but that’s about it.

To me it doesn’t feel like a remake either, it feels like a different game altogether using the same characters, settings and music. I don’t see it as a game for fans of the original FF7, I see it as a game for those who never played or didn’t like the original game but still wanted to experience the much talked about story, which they also changed.

As a fan I feel tricked. Again. I had already calmed down and accepted the story changes and split up story from waiting so long to play it, I jumped in on Intergrade. I really wanted to love it now. Parts of it is great, I like how they padded out areas you just rushed through in the original with new action and story. I love the nostalgia I feel from the music. Main characters look awesome. Cutscenes too. Enemy designs are great. Really, if they had included a proper turn-based mode, and zoomed out so you see what’s going on, I wouldn’t sit here talking, I would be playing the game, or replaying it, or sitting hyped waiting for part 2. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
3090 is like 7-12% faster then a 3080, honestly its almost like a oced 3080. the 3080/3080ti/3090 are practically the same performance wise in games.

If a 3080 can't run it in 120 fps at 4k, 3090 can't either. If a 3090 can run it then 3080 can also, unless v-ram becomes a issue.
Cool now all I gotta do is wait for a sale. No way I'm paying that much for this game.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Fredrik Fredrik Hey, listen. You wanted a remaster (a true remaster like a Final Fantasy pixel remaster or a Shadow of the Colossus "remake" (hah! what a joke to call that a remake)).

It's what I'm trying to tell you. Embrace that this isn't the remaster we all wanted, but a re-envisioning 'no-one' knew they wanted.

I. Love. This game. It's not perfect. It has it's flaws. But I love how they flesh out from the original story and characters. They've really treated this game as a passion project, and it shows!

I even learned to like real time combat in a Final Fantasy, after trying and failing with XII, XIII, and finally with XV. Nothing I say can probably change your mind about the game, but anyone who loved the original who won't give this one a chance - I pity them.

Forget about the 'classic' mode. Go all in action mode with normal and adjust from there. Turn based does not work thematically for this game, and what I'm hearing in this thread, not practically either.

Fredrik

Fredrik Fredrik Hey, listen. You wanted a remaster (a true remaster like a Final Fantasy pixel remaster or a Shadow of the Colossus "remake" (hah! what a joke to call that a remake)).

It's what I'm trying to tell you. Embrace that this isn't the remaster we all wanted, but a re-envisioning 'no-one' knew they wanted.

I. Love. This game. It's not perfect. It has it's flaws. But I love how they flesh out from the original story and characters. They've really treated this game as a passion project, and it shows!

I even learned to like real time combat in a Final Fantasy, after trying and failing with XII, XIII, and finally with XV. Nothing I say can probably change your mind about the game, but anyone who loved the original who won't give this one a chance - I pity them.

Forget about the 'classic' mode. Go all in action mode with normal and adjust from there. Turn based does not work thematically for this game, and what I'm hearing in this thread, not practically either.
I’ve really tried to like it. And the more I played the more flaws I saw and the more I wanted the old FF7, eventually I found that I just played it because I payed full price for it and had nothing else I wanted to play on PS5. Then I dropped it. As it is right now the low budget Fantasian on Apple TV is a better ”Final Fantasy” for me than the remake of my favorite jrpg. 😕

Might give it another go if I have nothing else to play though. But for now it’s one of those games where it’s very clear that you can’t always go after reviews and what people say, you need to experience it yourself before you know if you’ll like a game or not.

I can say though, I haven’t liked any of the later Final Fantasy either so I guess I’m a bit too old school for where this IP is heading.

Its a shit game with a great battle system.

I find it lacks soul and charm, its a lifeless game.
I literally despise everything about this game. Although only tried it for 20 minutes so maybe not enaugh to evaluate combat fully, but doubt I'm coming back. Horrendous unfitting vo's [13 yo with man's voice wtf?], horrendously stupid nonsensical art style. :pie_sfwt:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I see the first page dove into the pressing technical matters such as someone's opinion on the game versus the subject at hand, performance.

Reading the other thread it seems like using a separate fix helps with the stutters.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Comedy. Pure comedy.

3.) Eat your words.
4.) Win

If the combat's that good could you explain why to us? Instead of just saying to play on hard and skip the actual combat that's supossed to be that good...

Ryu Kaiba

That's the whole point of what they do though. I love the game and think its beautiful but frame time issues bother me I hope they patch it soon.

Ryu Kaiba

The game is full of passion and does a great job capturing the essence of the original. I can't wait for more.

Here's a fantastic discussion about the game that will give a lot of perspective and clarity to anyone unsettled by the story changes.

TintoConCasera

The game is anything but button mashy if you want to play at a high level.

You can button mash if you want to, but your DPS will be shit.
Thanks man. I was kinda afraid of the combat being some mindless shit, specially after FF XV, and the demo while kinda fun didn't sold it for me.

I'll give it another go on PC, matbe this time I end up liking it better.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Thanks man. I was kinda afraid of the combat being some mindless shit, specially after FF XV, and the demo while kinda fun didn't sold it for me.

I'll give it another go on PC, matbe this time I end up liking it better.
Maybe, but word on the street is that for the time being, the PS5 version is superior.

In regards to combat, it's going to take a lot of experimenting with the system. Party/item/gear/magic/skills/ability combinations make a difference, and there will be a lot of trial and error until you find a good mix. Not only is the traditional RPG min/max element present, but you'll also have to min/max your real time combat gameplay with regard to your timing, positioning, and reactions. You'll need to use the pressure/stagger system wisely so that you understand when the optimal window for max DPS spike damage is and how to apply it by rapidly spending resources with your party members one after the other.

It's got a lot of depth, but it can be confusing at times for people who don't want to put in the effort. If you want to see what optimal play looks like you can search for boss speed runs, but I recommend that you don't spoil it for yourself and that you try your best to develop your skills on your own first. That way, when you do watch speed runs, you can really appreciate the crazy shit they're doing.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world

For me the combat is all about the flow, once you start getting some amazing materia you start chaining up everyone's abilities, its frantic but feels organized once you understand it. And the constantly shifting types of bosses make it so you cant rely on one set strategy (and if you do, once you get to the hell house you'll be in for a miserable time)

I.....don't want to do any of that....FF shouldn't be an action RPG at all.....its a chore and I don't understand how anyone enjoys that type of gameplay.....I've forced myself to play action RPG's to the point where I can pull everything off flawlessly and I'm like...."this is dumb"

• Empathy

SkylineRKR

The combat is what carries this game, imo. I beat it on hard mode, and also beat all challenges as well as the Intergrade secret boss. Your equipment needs to be on point and your reactions need to be as well. It involves lots of switching around, placing wards, casting buffs and optimize stagger by using the right skills without hesistation. On hard those skills like Prayer and Chakra come into their own, as well as soul drain.

Basically Always. Be. Defending. Defend is crucial. You have to still treat this as an ATB game, so you can't evade everything but you have to tank it. So defending, as well as carrying materia enforcing it and perhaps casting something like barrier will negate lots of damage. Plus, defend incoming attacks also builds ATB. Then you need to retaliate properly. At heart its like the OG game, but you have to constantly switch and attack in real time to build ATB here, as well. As its the only way to gain ATB in a decent fashion, and it comes with a certain risk.

FFVII R has masterful combat, one of the best in the business imo. But its the rest of the game, the padding, the lack of freedom, the bad writing and NPC's, the awful side quests that hurt the experience. Making a game based on the Midgar chapter of FFVII, fine, but then at least have the gall to make an actual city you can traverse and take jobs in. Its a missed opportunity. In the end Midgar is just a series of tubes and topside you're only sightseeing and forced walking. I don't even know why I bought Intergrade lol, except it was in a sale lol. I guess I like the combat too much and had to mop up hard mode anyway. Yuffie gameplay delivers though, shes incredibly fun to use.

K2D

Banned
If the combat's that good could you explain why to us?
The great thing is I don't have to write a whole essay to please you - I can just refer to many of the countless reviews that already exist. I can say this:

What made FF7 combat great was that you could be strategic and use logic and do away with grinding, trial and error, knocking you head against the wall.
That aspect is still there. It's rewarding as fuck. On hard it's probably mandatory.

Instead of just saying to play on hard and skip the actual combat that's supossed to be that good...
Why don't you learn reading comprehension instead? Leave 'strategic' well alone. Play it on easy if that's what float your boat - I suggested you try out normal (or hard) and figure out from there what difficulty suit you.

I did not not blankedet suggest you skip battles "that supposed to be so good". If you're playing on easy you will encounter cannon fodder that curtails you or casial players that just want to experience the story and a little fireworks in between story beat. Who enjoys easy/strategic mode? Who. The. Fuck. Knows.

Hope that answers you low hanging fruit post.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I.....don't want to do any of that....FF shouldn't be an action RPG at all.....its a chore and I don't understand how anyone enjoys that type of gameplay.....I've forced myself to play action RPG's to the point where I can pull everything off flawlessly and I'm like...."this is dumb"
cool but have you actually played it for more than 5 minutes?, I was the biggest “f**** the remake it should be turn based” and in the first gameplay reveal threads I was it’s harshest critic, because like you I hate Action RPG’s. But 5 hours after picking it up on release day I was a believer. No other RPG has a combat system like this, it’s leagues better than anything else. it makes FF15 impossible to play in comparison.

Go_Ly_Dow

cool but have you actually played it for more than 5 minutes?, I was the biggest “f**** the remake it should be turn based” and in the first gameplay reveal threads I was it’s harshest critic, because like you I hate Action RPG’s. But 5 hours after picking it up on release day I was a believer. No other RPG has a combat system like this, it’s leagues better than anything else. it makes FF15 impossible to play in comparison.

Agree.

XV's battle system is a shitshow and mess.

VII-R is one of the best crafted in a JRPG imo.

Top Bottom