• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade details Nero, Scarlet, battle mechanics, Fort Condor, and Ramuh plus new screenshots

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_001.jpg

Square Enix released new information and screenshots for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, introducing characters Nero and Scarlet, synergized attacks and Limit Breaks, the mini-game Fort Condor, and the new summon Ramuh.

Get the details below.

New Key Visual

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_003.jpg

Characters

Last month, we introduced you to the AVALANCHE allies who will be assisting Yuffie in her mission to Midgar. Today, we showcase a couple of characters who are… decidedly less friendly.

Nero (voiced by Sean Chiplock in English, Ryoutarou Okiayu in Japanese)

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_005.png

Nero is a member of the Tsviets—an elite unit within Shinra’s secret military group Deepground. The younger brother of Weiss the Immaculate, he practically worships his incarcerated sibling.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_006.jpg

The experiments that brought Nero into the world also left him with the power to control darkness. Some call him ‘Nero the Sable’ and he lives up to the name by engulfing whoever and whatever he pleases in a vast abyss.

Scarlet and The Crimson Mare (voiced by Erin Cottrell in English)

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_008.jpg

Scarlet is Shinra’s Director of Advanced Weaponry, and in charge of the very materia that Wutai wants to steal.

When Yuffie and Sonon infiltrate her division, she graciously lets them become test subjects for a suit of battle armor called the Crimson Mare. I mean, that’s just being a good host, right?

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_009.jpg

Scarlet developed the awesome armor personally and takes the pilot seat against the heroes. They’ll have their work cut out for them – the Crimson Mare comes equipped with interchangeable weapons, such as sabers and makocannons. True to its name, it’s more than capable of painting the arena red with the blood of its foes.

■ Battle Mechanics

Next up, we’ll explain a little about how the battle mechanics work in Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission. For Yuffie and Sonon, it’s teamwork that makes the dream work. Of course, they also have their limits…

Synergized Attacks

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_010.jpg

Although Sonon can’t be controlled in battle, he can be given orders. What’s more, with coordination, he can work with Yuffie to deliver more powerful attacks.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_012.jpg

If both characters have ATB available, pressing L2 will engage synergy with Yuffie and Sonon, allowing them to team up for special attacks that can stagger enemies more easily.

Here’s an example of some of the synergized attacks they can pull off:

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_014.jpg

—Synergized Art of War batters an enemy with a barrage of blows and all subsequent attacks deal increased damage.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_016.jpg

—Synergized Windstorm creates a gust of wind that hurts nearby enemies and launches them toward you.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_018.jpg

Limit Breaks

Just as in the original Final Fantasy VII Remake adventure, characters’ Limit gauges will fill as they take damage. Once Yuffie and Sonon have taken enough abuse, they’ll be able to unleash a devastatingly damaging attack.

—Yuffie’s Limit Break is called Bloodbath.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_020.jpg

—When used, she’ll unleash a flurry of blows that deal large amounts of damage.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_022.jpg

—Sonon can utilize the Limit Break Dance of the Dragon. This lets the character deliver multiple hits with his staff, dealing incredible amounts of damage to any foe unlucky enough to be on the receiving end.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_024.jpg

Minigame: Fort Condor

If Yuffie needs a break from clandestine ninja work, she can check out the hot new craze in the Midgar undercity: Fort Condor.

Inspired by one of Shinra’s military campaigns, it’s a game of strategy in which two players deploy units to conquer their opponent’s base and defend their own. Here’s how it works:

First you select the board, which determines the number of ATB charges and materia available to you. You can also set the units you wish to deploy.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_026.jpg

You use ATB charges to deploy a unit. Once deployed, it will march toward your opponent’s base and automatically engage any enemy units it encounters.

A unit is assigned one of three roles: vanguard, ranged, or defense. These determine which enemies it will be effective against.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_028.jpg

Materia can be used to cast powerful spells. Timing matters as each orb can only be used once per match, so it’s up to you to decide when is best to use it.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_030.jpg

Fort Condor is gaining massive popularity and word on the street (or under it) is that anyone who can defeat the grandmaster can win some rare materia.

Now, does that sound like something a certain Wutaian ninja would be able to resist…?

Summon: Ramuh

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_033.jpg

He’s here at last!

Quite a few people expressed regret that the lightning-launching Ramuh didn’t make an appearance in FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE – including Co-Director Naoki Hamaguchi himself! That’s about to change.

The fabled Lord of Levin is able to bend lightning to his will to strike down enemies. It’s said that he once cast judgment on the wicked with mighty bolts and exhorted humanity to accept law and order.

He’ll aid our heroes in battle with some shocking skills.

Voltaic Lance

Ramuh brings down a lance of lightning that deals damage to nearby enemies for a short time.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_034.jpg

Judgement Bolt

Judgment Bolt is Ramuh’s ultimate attack, which he’ll use just before he leaves the field of battle. It conjures a spectacular lightning storm that lays waste to all enemies on the battlefield.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_036.jpg

■ Final Fantasy VII Remake Item Pack Downloadable Content

Free downloadable content including three summons, three armors, and two accessories due out alongside the game on June 10.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_037.jpg

It includes:
  • Summon Materia: Carbuncle
  • Summon Materia: Chocobo
  • Summon Materia: Cactuar
  • Armor: Midgar Bangle
  • Armor: Shinra Bangle
  • Armor: Corneo’s Armlet
  • Accessory: Superstar Belt
  • Accessory: Mako Crystal
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is due out for PlayStation 5 on June 10 worldwide. Read more about the game here and here.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Do I get a free upgrade if i bought at launch? Sorry not been keeping up with this. I bought it then proceeded to never play it lol

Furball

Can Square Enix please let me know if I can upgrade my PS plus version for a cost or am I going to have to purchase the game separately?

Do I get a free upgrade if i bought at launch? Sorry not been keeping up with this. I bought it then proceeded to never play it lol

You got Free Upgrade to PS5 version without the Intergrade or additional content . The add on will have to purchase separate

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
Ugh, they‘re really going to integrate all those plotlines from the FFVII compilation, aren‘t they?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Wasn't Nero in Crisis Core?!
Mostly in Dirge of Cerberus. In CC he has a very brief appearance with his identity kept hidden to the player.

Btw, ready for my 3rd playthrough after I'm done with the dlc intermission. Can't wait 😁

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

You got Free Upgrade to PS5 version without the Intergrade or additional content . The add on will have to purchase separate

yes I understand that, but I don’t understand squares logic here. If they offered the upgrade for all those who have the psplus version for say £20 or something they would probably rake it in. I’m not paying £70 for a remaster of a game that’s a year old. I’ll just wait for a sale on intergrade if that’s the case.

saintjules

hmmm I bought it for PS4. Not sure if that makes it free or not for me on PS5.

Yea, I have the PS4 physical copy and that will be upgraded to Intergrade for free. To play the INTERmission DLC though, it must be paid for no matter what.

Edit: INTERmission is included in the PS5 version of FFVIIR.

Last edited:

Lethal01

yes I understand that, but I don’t understand squares logic here. If they offered the upgrade for all those who have the psplus version for say £20 or something they would probably rake it in. I’m not paying £70 for a remaster of a game that’s a year old. I’ll just wait for a sale on intergrade if that’s the case.

You can just get the old version of the game, and it will be upgraded for free.

Chukhopops

Isn’t this the same mask design as he already had? It’s like the exact same mask? If y’all are gunna post cringey shit about how you’re too good for the remake, at least make it about something that’s actually a change.
I missed this post but I want to say that Dirge of Cerberus is the Star Wars Holiday special of the FF7 universe. Crisis Core has terrible gameplay but at least adds some interesting backstory to the Zack/Cloud relation and has a great ending.

DoC adds practically nothing since it happens after the main events and nothing would really change if it was removed from the canon story. It has absolutely awful gameplay, the plot is KH tier trash with people locking themselves in crystals and uploading their memories, there is a character named ROSSO the CRIMSON who is red, a character named WEISS the Pure White Emperor who is white and a character named NERO who is dark grey. I’ve never talked to anyone who liked it.

If the plan is to really bring all the previous games in the remake (and it looks like it is) then people who have only played the original FF7 are in for some crazy ride. I’ll concede though that it is indeed faithful to the original character.

ethomaz

Banned
I’m going to stop reading news about FF7R as I’m just hurting myself at this point, it’s like seeing again your childhood crush only to find out she became a 400 pounds goth. Maybe the memories of the original can survive this utter defilement.
It is not like the original artwork or the Dirge of Cerberus version.
It doesn't look like a dog bone.

tumblr_mpgtb2YDgq1r8tdf1o1_500.gifv

tumblr_mpgtb2YDgq1r8tdf1o2_500.gifv

tumblr_mpgtb2YDgq1r8tdf1o3_500.gifv

tumblr_mpgtb2YDgq1r8tdf1o4_500.gifv

Last edited:
Top Bottom