• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade details Nero, Scarlet, battle mechanics, Fort Condor, and Ramuh plus new screenshots

OrionNebula

I have finished FF7R 3 times already, but I have a hard time getting excited by Intergrade, to be honest. I’m not really feeling the alone Yuffie stuff 🤷🏻

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade_2021_05-18-21_005.png

This design, THIS DESIGN
Nomura Pre-FFVII Remake Release:
tumblr_inline_p2w15udqI91tvg2sz_400.gifv

Nomura Post-FFVII Remake Release:
tumblr_oye8n4kBxr1w6vs6co1_250.gifv

Nomura Post-FFVII Intergrade:
tumblr_orrlh4rnq61wn97huo2_500.gif

I'm too lazy to Google it (and I want to have a conversation with my fellow Gaffers) but how much is the upgrade to Yuffie dlc, if you have a physical copy of the Remake for PS4?

graywolf323

Gold Member
I'm too lazy to Google it (and I want to have a conversation with my fellow Gaffers) but how much is the upgrade to Yuffie dlc, if you have a physical copy of the Remake for PS4?

someone here said $20 earlier but if that's been confirmed I hadn't seen any news about it yet (though it certainly sounds plausible)

edit: ah, apparently I missed the news back in April

yep it's $19.99

Last edited:
Call me when they finally have a date for part 2, and then part 3, and then finally get around to finishing the damn game instead of breaking things up into episodes. I thought breaking things up was supposed to speed up development since they had the engine and assets mostly completed and just needed to configure and populate w/content.

So much for that line of thinking from corporate sycophants.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I think Deepground has potential to be an interesting little side thing if it's managed correctly. I.e. not a huge part of the main narrative. The Compilation being in VIIR shouldn't really shock anyone after the main game provided the following examples:

AVALANCHE as an entire insurrection force, a la Before Crisis.

Kunsel talking to Cloud in the Shinra Headquarters, a character from Crisis Core.

The Zack flashback taking his last stand from Crisis Core, camera movements and lines, verbatim.

The Ultimania revealing that the trio of Whispers at the end were indeed Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo from Advent Children.

Whether you like it or abhor it, it totally makes sense to be seeing elements of Dirge of Cerberus in the mix now, as well.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I think we start to see this sort of Kingdom Hearts garbage bleed more and more into FF7R. I really hope I’m wrong.
Actually I hope you're right, not wrong. I want him to say fuck it and unleash it all. There's already a ton of fuckery in FF7R that I can't mention(Maximilian Dood did a deep dive spoiler vid that was really good). They're showing Dirge characters with this DLC. They might as well bring in Genesis and gang too. Don't half ass the crazy. As long as they have a decent dialogue writer it can work. Kingdom heart's problem is that they were confined by kid friendly messaging. FF7R isn't.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The style of the new boss doesn’t wow me one bit, but it’s one of those must play deals. I’ll definitely play it. It’s just what happen to Yoshitaka Amano’s style with the franchise?

JeloSWE

Just finished Intermission on Hard mode and here are some scrambled thoughts. I finished Remake on my Pro so getting to playing through Intermission at 60fps on PS5 was just what the doctor ordered for the frenzied fighting. I really liked the Fort Condor mini games, simple yet fun. Yuffie is amazing, both as a character and her English voice actress as well as her battle system. Square could really have screwed up the Remake but so far it's been a blast. Yes there are a bit over the top Nomura stuff with the Whispers but on the whole it extremely solid experience and the DLC is no exception. Hard mode was VERY hard for me at first, I totally forgot to level up my weapons, so I didn't have a lot of stats or materia slots equipped or leveled on the new run, I only figured it out half way through the next run LOL.

The boss battles are a treat but they were as I said really hard for me at first, trying to figure out their attack patterns and replaying quite a few time until I managed to take them down in a way I wanted (usually I want to finish with a Limit break or similar strong attack at the end of a stagger). Also the system and all the combinations are a bit difficult for me to pick up on in one run, it was the same with Remake, I had to play it a second time on Hard to really get a good grasp on the system and combinations/strategies down but once you do, it's super fun.

However there is one thing that made me rage a few times and it's the auto targeting mechanic and lock on. There were a few fight with many drones or turrets all over the place and the boss attacking you at the same time and it was nearly impossible to not make mistakes with what I was targeting, I had to resort to X to slow time down and retarget there and in some cases there is obvious targeting priorities by the game, you try to taget the boss (not in X mode) but the character simply auto attacks a turret instead, and some times when you want to taget the drones they attack the boss.

Also it's a bit hard to get a good over view of the action at times, it's likely they designed the parts of the boss battles to be overwhelming on purpose by not being able to see everything at once and some times enemies teleport and you lose the lock on and you have to manually move the camera to see what's going on, but then at other times when you are locked on and you try yo look around to see what the hell is happening you instead change the lock on to the wrong taget, argh! I know you can change the setting but they aren't as good in general. That said, I still loved this side episode and I'm cautiously optimistic that they won't screw up episode 2.

Some final notes, I would have loved to be able to chose a bit wider camera angle and some times if you get pushed up against a wall the camera won't pass through it and the close up action becomes a complete mess.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

yes I understand that, but I don’t understand squares logic here. If they offered the upgrade for all those who have the psplus version for say £20 or something they would probably rake it in. I’m not paying £70 for a remaster of a game that’s a year old. I’ll just wait for a sale on intergrade if that’s the case.

But you're talking about people that didn't pay for it in the first place, right? So people who got the game "free" should get a discount on the PS5 upgrade for the PS4 game everyone else actually paid for?

Or am I missing something in what you're saying.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
But you're talking about people that didn't pay for it in the first place, right? So people who got the game "free" should get a discount on the PS5 upgrade for the PS4 game everyone else actually paid for?

Or am I missing something in what you're saying.

I didn’t get it for “free”. I pay a subscription and have access to the game for when I’m subscribed. I understand the model. I’m not a financial analyst so obviously they’ve crunched the numbers and has made sense to them. I would have liked an option where I could pay a fee to upgrade to inter grade and I would have happily done so. But I am not going to buy the full PS5 version when I already “own” the base game. I’ll just buy an original disc Ps4 version for cheap when I see it as I am now unable to purchase a digital edition of FF7 which is also a really weird PSN store issue or am I missing something.

Kadve

So if Nero is there does it also mean we see the rest of the color band (aka Tsviets) such as Azul and Rosso? Kinda surprised they went with the gimp and not her since she seems to be the most popular of them IIRC.

d91e4141bfaca708bfc7bd8cf4017311.jpg

I would be surprised though if Nomura doesn't eventually tell us what happened to Weiss and Genesis following DOC's ending.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

I didn’t get it for “free”. I pay a subscription and have access to the game for when I’m subscribed. I understand the model. I’m not a financial analyst so obviously they’ve crunched the numbers and has made sense to them. I would have liked an option where I could pay a fee to upgrade to inter grade and I would have happily done so. But I am not going to buy the full PS5 version when I already “own” the base game. I’ll just buy an original disc Ps4 version for cheap when I see it as I am now unable to purchase a digital edition of FF7 which is also a really weird PSN store issue or am I missing something.

My overall point that I was trying to get across was that, you seem interested in the game and this expansion/DLC/whatever. But you didn't pay for the game. Sony elected to offer it to you via a service you were already paying for and were going to continue to pay for, regardless of whether FF7R was offered for "free" by that service, right? So that is why I said free in quotes... their decision caused you to "own" the game, not your decision. If they didn't want to make PS5 early adoption more appealing, you wouldn't have any access to the game. That's the value that they are preserving by not allowing the upgrade from PS+ version...

Maybe we are talking past each other, is that what you meant to say you understood when talking about the model?
Maybe I'm super misunderstanding you and you didn't even own a PS4?
In any case I'd never fault anyone for waiting for a sale, for anything.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you can go online to PSN and "buy" the PS+ downloaded "free" game? I think I've done that before IIRC, for a reason similar to this... but perhaps I'm mistaken. And I don't think I've ever seen the interaction between a downloaded/in-library PS+ game and then inserting the same disc game, and trying to purchase some kind of relevant expansion/DLC for that game. Interesting test case there. I have Witcher 3 in both formats... haven't used both of them yet though to see what happens/how your account treats it when you download the DLC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom