• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo Hints at PC Port; Code Includes Higher Resolution Options and More.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Final Fantasy VII Remake is launching on PlayStation 4 in two months. The game is a PlayStation exclusive for one year, but it seems like work on a PC port may already have begun.

The game's demo, which some have been able to download from the PlayStation Network despite it not being available publicly, features mentions of a PC version in its code. Higher resolutions options are found in the code, as well as references to AMD and NVIDIA.

Bkdk

Wonder if this will be MS PC game pass title as well, probably a year after release on PC.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Wonder if this will be MS PC game pass title as well, probably a year after release on PC.

Every PS exclusive so far that's been announced has a PC version coming. Why would you think this game will be just a PC game pass? These are actual versions of the game that were already available for the PC from the start. They just have to massage the marketing so that Sony doesn't conflict "too" much with the PC. As I said earlier, more games have still yet to be annnounced on PC...

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Nowadays, if a game isn't published by Sony or Nintendo, it's reasonable to assume it will land on PC at some point, probably sooner rather than later. And in the case of Sony, that's only half-true...

I doubt a single third party developer is making a single game that isn't built to land on every platform at some point. Nobody is writing console specific engines and shit anymore.

Last edited:
Every PS exclusive so far that's been announced has a PC version coming. Why would you think this game will be just a PC game pass? These are actual versions of the game that were already available for the PC from the start. They just have to massage the marketing so that Sony doesn't conflict "too" much with the PC. As I said earlier, more games have still yet to be annnounced on PC...
What are you talking about?

Top Bottom