• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Integrade upgrade - Please help!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Hey peeps, so I just went into town and traded some old games in. I managed to get shitloads more than I thought so I picked up Returnal Pre owned and FF VII remake pre owned on PS4. Now this is my first time ive come across these issues on PS5. Please can someone help?

I've put the PS4 "DATA" Disk into the ps5 and its started installing the PS4 version of the game. How do I pay for the upgrade to get the Yufi DLC and how do I make the game install the PS5 version. I can see digital deluxe upgrade for £14.99 on the store but can't find shit about integrade upgrade. It's awful, what do I need to buy and how much is it haha.

Any advice is very much appreciated! :)

Last edited:

wvnative

I don't know exactly how it works with multi disc PS4 games, but do whatever it says to fully install the game, afterward, you cannot download the intergrade update until thursday because they couldn't be assed to find a way to let people pre-load it from the free upgrade.

Upon release day, it should prompt you to upgrade to the PS5 version, otherwise there should be a store link below the PS4 version's game tile on the PS5 dashboard

KingT731

Hey peeps, so I just went into town and traded some old games in. I managed to get shitloads more than I thought so I picked up Returnal Pre owned and FF VII remake pre owned on PS4. Now this is my first time ive come across these issues on PS5. Please can someone help?

I've put the PS4 "DATA" Disk into the ps5 and its started installing the PS4 version of the game. How do I pay for the upgrade to get the Yufi DLC and how do I make the game install the PS5 version. I can see digital deluxe upgrade for £14.99 on the store but can't find shit about integrade upgrade. It's awful, what do I need to buy and how much is it haha.

Any advice is very much appreciated! :)
You install it as normal and on the 10th the option to install the PS5 version will be on the store (still need the disc obviously)

Kilau

Gold Member
I just did this to upload my PS4 save.

Data disc install, then play disc which finishes the install, then update, then wait for the option to go live.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
ahh ok, so nothing to do right now. Good to know. I was just like, where the funk is this thing on the store. haha will wait until the 10th. Thanks for the help all!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
DB2-F5143-1-BF3-49-A3-89-E5-CFB5-BFFCAE46.jpg
June 8th is apparently the date for the preload, so sit back, grab a cold one, and wait for that to update when the PSN updates on Tuesday. PSN always updates Tuesday or it has in the past. Things will be added if that ever changes. For instance Ratchet & Clank preload is already available.Preload dates seem to be way different than store updates. Yeah, choose the option when the store updates and you should be able to purchase the upgrade as long as it knows you have the original purchased.

D3-EE3322-CFF2-4501-AB69-8-C34722-DE5-C0.jpg

The game is added to your library if you’ve ever played it and it has a padlock icon on the logo. So it might know you own it, but it’ll lock the install unless you have the play disc or whatever. I’ve only done this with digital games so far, but I’m familiar with how they keep track of what games you own digitally and physically in your library.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
DB2-F5143-1-BF3-49-A3-89-E5-CFB5-BFFCAE46.jpg
June 8th is apparently the date for the preload, so sit back, grab a cold one, and wait for that to update when the PSN updates on Tuesday. PSN always updates Tuesday or it has in the past. Things will be added if that ever changes. For instance Ratchet & Clank preload is already available.Preload dates seem to be way different than store updates. Yeah, choose the option when the store updates and you should be able to purchase the upgrade as long as it knows you have the original purchased.

D3-EE3322-CFF2-4501-AB69-8-C34722-DE5-C0.jpg

Wait, is that correct? 160GB total for the PS5 version?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wait so you thought you were gonna play the PS5 version before it's even out?

No, not at all. I thought I would be able to pay for the integrade upgrade before launch that's all and maybe pre load. Ill go ahead and install the ps4 version and boot it up and see what happens.

Top Bottom