• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Reunion Files

Beowvlf

Banned
Very interesting indeed. It's nice to see some intelligent retrospection on the film, as although I do think the script was rather poor and roughly written, the added exposition to Cloud's character is both well thought and very appropriate. While many disagree with Cloud's regression back to depression and guilt, I actually believe it to be a more realistic and plausible device than the convenient resolution assumed at the end of the game. I don't think that kind of resolution is possible with a character such as Cloud.

He is, nor ever was, a very stable or confident individual, and I don't believe defeating Sephiroth was always at the crux of his 'journey'. I personally think the resolution at the end of AC, that he has conformed to the idea that he will never truly overcome his regrets and his guilt, to be perfectly in tune with his character. In this sense, the second battle against Sephiroth becomes a victory over feeling ashamed of that fact, and instead simply accepting it.

Good read.

JayDubya

Banned
Muy bien. Though it seems most forum people nowadays like to hate on this flick (and the game it came from) I rather liked it in a weepy nostalgia fanboy sort of way, and the action sequences were absolutely amazing. The plot was "meh," but perfunctory.

The interesting part is that from your post, we can tell that the movie was intentionally that way.

hirokazu

nice read.

i bought the Prologue book, but haven't really tried to read any of it yet. didn't seem to have much interesting stuff in that book anyhow...

i'll check this new book out if i ever do see it.

Zaptruder

Banned
If they really wanted to make solid money, they should've did a better exposition of the characters, and did a 4 part OVA.

And the special edition box sets? 1 character model per release.

Top Bottom