• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VI MasterLine Terra Figure finally priced at 1,485,000 Yen (11.5k USD)

I thought the 1:6 scale Fallout Power Armor figures were expensive.

Jesus Christ.

probably cost 30 quid to make.

In materials, probably, but that doesn't cover the costs of producing a statue like this and then hand painting them. On something of this grade it's not going to be a kid in a Chinese sweatshop doing the painting either. A figure of this scale and quality could have 500+ hours in painting time alone, not to mention time put into design, sculpting and creating the molds to produce the limited number that will be available.

Neilg

It says 1/6th scale - but she's about 1/4th - 1/5th the overall height. Is this fucking thing 5 feet tall? And they're planning to sell SIX HUNDRED of them??

Teslerum

Yes she does. Look at the close ups.
No she doesn't. There's green tint, sure, but not the full blown dark green colour she has in the game (And I assume what Pejo Pejo meant).

d8imlrx-dd7a17ca-552f-44ee-98bb-56e9786f2aff.png

It's the original Amano design of Terra (Which I personally prefer)

7e10df705d9b16ef0073b043b6defccf.jpg

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
That price, and comments on using it as a down payment on a house, made me think of a great quote from Method Man,

"...But some of the shit I couldn't do, because some of these producers were screaming out these niggas want a $100,000 for a track. Fuck that! Kiss my ass. I'm not paying nobody a $100,000 for shit, unless I can live in that mothafucka."

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The super rich don’t want it. The hardcore fans can’t afford it. Some dude with 100k subscribers on YouTube gets it for free. It’s dumb if you ask me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The super rich don’t want it. The hardcore fans can’t afford it. Some dude with 100k subscribers on YouTube gets it for free. It’s dumb if you ask me.

Yep. I don't see the rich wanting this, even if they are fans of FFVI. They can have custom art done instead, or own the original Amano works.

The fans, even well off ones, can't afford this. They are the ones who want it most and as we a saw with the NieR Automata Masterline statue, there is a clear customer base. I just don't get what Square was thinking with pricing it this high.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

$13,799.99

Even worse than OP feared

maxresdefault.jpg

These super size statues are super detail but they are too big and there is just no space for them unless you have room specific for it.

I love this picture. $20K in statues in a bunch of $50 IKEA Detolf cabinets and a $2.5K statue sitting on a $20 Amazon Basics coffee table and in the background we see a power bar from the 1970s. His watch is probably worth more than all the furniture in the shot. I have $20K+ in Gundam models sitting in $120 worth of cabinets :messenger_grinning_sweat: #relatable #chickmagnet

Valonquar

Statue is now up for pre-orders. Time to take out a loan... $13,800. YIKES
Lol is it a Tesla? You pre-order for that much and it doesn't even release until November of 2023.

Last edited:
Statue is now up for pre-orders. Time to take out a loan... $13,800. YIKES
Lol is it a Tesla? You pre-order for that much and it doesn't even release until November of 2023.

When even the creator of the franchise is like “Dude, what the fuck are you doing”, you fucked up.

Go fuck yourself, Squeenix.

If it's actually a plastic piece of shit like most Squenix figures, that price is a joke.

If it's legit made of metal or pewter then it's still expensive but more justifiable.

Kimahri

Banned
If it's actually a plastic piece of shit like most Squenix figures, that price is a joke.

If it's legit made of metal or pewter then it's still expensive but more justifiable.
Resin most likely, but that's not what determines whether or not the price is justified. Rather, it's the paint job. An insanely detailed piece like this could easily take a skilled painter weeks to finish.

That's a lot of hours he needs to be paid for.

I've seen a lot of collectibles in the $500 range with terrible paintjobs (the T Rex breakout figure from chronicle collectibles is a prime example), and it's not uncommon. Quality work is expensive.

I do this stuff myself, so I know how time consuming it can be.

Cyberpunkd

I love this picture. $20K in statues in a bunch of $50 IKEA Detolf cabinets and a $2.5K statue sitting on a $20 Amazon Basics coffee table and in the background we see a power bar from the 1970s. His watch is probably worth more than all the furniture in the shot. I have $20K+ in Gundam models sitting in $120 worth of cabinets :messenger_grinning_sweat: #relatable #chickmagnet
His watch is a Rolex, so worth more than all the statues in that shit.

Top Bottom