• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crisis Core releases on December 13, 2022

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Valt7786

Seriously though, who listened to Zacks VA and said "Yeah, that's exactly how he should sound!" 'cause they should be slapped.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Did they tweak with the voice acting or is it just me? There are moments where something seems off in comparison with the original.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Day one on the best platform that I know is the best because I want it to be known. That is the best platform in my opinion.

Glad more people will get to try this.

20220905_battle_04_EN-edd7m2k0s.jpeg

Menus looking like the Remake. Nice!

Square-Enix has a blog post up where you have more info

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Crisis Core was by far the best game I ever played in mobile format.

Simultaneous release on consoles and PC, and no Epic store exclusivity so I can play it on my Steam Deck during Christmas.

Did they tweak with the voice acting or is it just me? There are moments where something seems off in comparison with the original.

Edit: I was going to let the videos speak for themselves but I'll add a bit of personal opinion. This is a perfect example of one of my previous rants on here regarding how American voice acting for Japanese anime and video games is starting to become too cartoonish. I don't think the new actors and new voices are bad, I think the voice direction is bad. Modern voice directors/coaches keep telling these actors to be as cartoonish and ham things up as much as possible, which sometimes aggravatingly goes against the original intent of the art itself.

What you end up with is the above. Same thing happened with Judgment/Lost Judgment. Anime voice actors keep being told to keep using an 'anime' cadence and it needs to stop. They need to talk like normal human beings if the art reflects that.

Last edited:
Why are so few comments about this game?

People not excited?
I think this remake looks incredible on most fronts, especially gameplay. I think there's just less discussion to be had when something looks to be a great product. Most of the people who are interested just want to play it at this point.

skit_data

It’s games like this that creates all the confusion about what’s a remake and what’s a remaster.
To me this is 100% a remake, whereas FF7R is something beyond that.

Well, anyway. It looks great.

Valonquar

I did 100% this game back on PSP and I honestly remember very little other than the 3 way fight on the cannon. I imagine they are adding a new ending to it to tie into FF7R?

Synless

I did 100% this game back on PSP and I honestly remember very little other than the 3 way fight on the cannon. I imagine they are adding a new ending to it to tie into FF7R?
Take your theory on why Zack‘s sword is different in this game vs the original. I think it ends differently. Easy way for them to tie it in to the Remake With minimal effort.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Fine I'll buy and support this game on Xbox, even though it seems like it doesn't help when it comes to SE.

I'm going to be sick of jrpgs by the end of the year 🤣

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Day 1, last couple of months of the year are mighty tasty with the likes of this, GoW, Tactics Ogre, Callisto Protocol and Evil West, good times ahead.

Corndog

Banned
1. It's a multiplatform game.
2. It's a remaster of PSP game (although I think this shouldn't discredit it)
I think this is a strange move to release on Xbox considering you can’t buy FF7:R on an Xbox. I guess some people may want to play a stand-alone prequel for a game not on the platform.
Just my opinion.

MAtgS

This remake is like the polar opposite of the pros and cons of the original: improves the lackluster but fucks up Zack's voice and probably the ending.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
For the life of me, I still can't tell if they got Briana White to voice Aerith or kept the original CC actor (who herself was a replacement of a replacement)

I know Aerith doesn't have like essay length monologues in game, but Sephiroth and Zack are clearly Remake va's.

It’s games like this that creates all the confusion about what’s a remake and what’s a remaster.
To me this is 100% a remake, whereas FF7R is something beyond that.

Well, anyway. It looks great.
FF7R is a reimagining/sequel with a play on the word 'remake'. Nomura and crew were being cheeky with the title. You're right Crisis Core is an actual remake(from what has been shown thus far).

Exentryk

All I remember from the original is headbutting enemies for 99,999 damage. I hope that is still in, lol.

Day 1 on Steam!

Reactions: Isa

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

The new actors all sound great except Zack. He straight up sounds like a gay man now :messenger_tears_of_joy: (nothin wrong with that but it doesn’t exactly fit the character)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Why are so few comments about this game?

People not excited?
GILGAMESH isn't in it. Therefore trash.

And I played it on PSP a long time ago and plastic surgery on a video game don't mean a whole lot to me.

It's like asking me why I didn't buy the Dragonlance Trilogy of books that got new covers...when I still have the original books.

Yeah, I've played through this. It's fine. I think I enjoyed it more than other people but I have no desire to play through it again.
Might be worth it to people that haven't played it, depending on how invested you are in the FFVII world.

Top Bottom