• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake will most likely come to PC in 2022 as Playstation exclusivity is extended

Papacheeks

Banned
I don't get why you port beggars can't just play the game you want on the systems its on instead of crying over the forums.

If you like these type of games, history has shown that Sony's consoles are almost guaranteed to get these games day one.

Lol at calling a company shady for looking out for its best interest business wise.

You guys know that Sony gets 30% of sales if people bought the game on its system. So it being exclusive to the system it almost guaranteed to get back the money spent on locking it to the system and then some.

Right?

Like I love JRPG'S, and there are a good amount on PC. But I'd be lying if sitting on the coach with a cup of coffee in my pajama's playing FF7R wasn't a amazing experience. And im going to replay it again in June with the DLC when I upgrade my physical copy to PS5 version.

Can't wait.

Like Level 5 games and Dragon quest games are on PC, same with Persona, but I'd rather sit on the coach and play them. SO for those I go console.

Like it's why all my non shooting non online games for the most part I buy a console for.

People need to get over it.

Bridges

Microsoft buys Bethesda.
"Yay! Good job Phil. Now those same games will continue to be on Xbox, but not on PlayStation!"

Sony does third-party deals.
"Shady Sony. Now those games will continue to be on PlayStation, but not on Xbox. You bullies!"
Y'all really can't handle anything being said about Sony without bringing up Bethesda again and again, every thread. It's not the same situation, at all.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Start making threads without console war slants in the OP.
You can look at all the threads I posted, and then come back to tell me if I'm a console warrior.
It was just legit criticism imo nothing more but it seems to be misinterpreted.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Buying a developer goes beyond just "keep games off other platforms"
Only in terms of amount of money changing hands.
One is a lot of money, complete control and all of potential revenue.
The other one is much less money, limited control and a smaller fraction of potential revenue.

That's really the extent of differences as far as company decisions go - the rest is people projecting their personal feelings onto situations.

MS buys a prolific third party multiplatform publisher, which results in a plethora of franchises leaving the PS platform forever - people call that "adding value to Xbox".

Sony pays for timed exclusivity of a few games - people call that "shady deals".

Hypocrisy truly knows no bounds around here.
This right here.

Its a business, Sony dont really care if you have an xbox or PC and you are missing out. They are taking care of there customers like any other business.

we should all be used to it by now.

JTCx

I don't get why you port beggars can't just play the game you want on the systems its on instead of crying over the forums.

If you like these type of games, history has shown that Sony's consoles are almost guaranteed to get these games day one.

Lol at calling a company shady for looking out for its best interest business wise.

You guys know that Sony gets 30% of sales if people bought the game on its system. So it being exclusive to the system it almost guaranteed to get back the money spent on locking it to the system and then some.
Secret port begging thread.

S0ULZB0URNE

I personally haven't cared about FF series since a little after original FF7 back in the day. The whole point is, this isn't great news for PC gamers. We don't believe in exclusivity, unlike the console wars / warriors. Nor is it worth it to buy a console for a single game, especially as every game will run better on our platform at the end of the day. Square will lose sales, as you can sell to a potential 10 million at most on ps5, vs 120+ million on steam + EGS + GOG, etc.
You are far from a PC spokesperson and have no clue what PC gamers want.
FF is a HUGE franchise that many(PC fans included) support.

Also quoted because you had to add your typical PMR vs console warring which the mods been warning people about.

Calverz

shady?

tenor.gif
Kim Kardashian GIF

Times exclusives suck on any side of gaming but I understand why they do it. I do feel ff7 is synonymous with playstation so I see why square box might of reached out to Sony 1st.
Hopefully this isn't true for PC players.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Y'all really can't handle anything being said about Sony without bringing up Bethesda again and again, every thread. It's not the same situation, at all.

It absolutely is, and that it was going to go this way was inevitable once MS embarked on buying up studios/franchises to lock them down. Its the exact reason why I find the whole approach so deplorable, the only possible outcomes are capitulation or balkanization. And given how strong Sony's position, the former was never a realistic result.

Krizalidx11

Banned
Kids seeing FF7R @ 4k60fps will learn 30fps cinematic crap is such a big lie :D

Now good luck to people with heart/brain/nerves health issues battling Sephiroth with those white flashes every 3 seconds

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This thread is about a PC version, which Xbox console exclusives never exclude. Buying a developer goes beyond just "keep games off other platforms", whereas exclusivity agreements are solely that.

Sony must be shilling out a lot of money here, really greedy to go beyond just the one year exclusivity mark. The real shady part is the extension though, as there was expectation of PC/Xbox versions coming after the first year was over, but now weeks after the original agreement ended this is revealed. Square has no right to complain of low sales on PC/Xbox after pulling this bullshit.
This is just another business deal, just like Bethesda was for MS, locking down previously multiplatform IPs away from PlayStation.

If you want to play Bethesda games, get a PC or Xbox. If you want to play Final Fantasy and other similar games that Sony buys exclusivity for, get a PlayStation.

Interfectum

This thread is about a PC version, which Xbox console exclusives never exclude. Buying a developer goes beyond just "keep games off other platforms", whereas exclusivity agreements are solely that.
It's hilarious how PC gamers want empathy because they feel entitled to every game on their platform but they show no empathy when Microsoft buys entire publishers to keep games off Playstation.

Microsoft buying Bethesda makes these deals look like nothing. Other platforms are atleast guaranteed to get a port of the game eventually. Bethesda games will never release on playstation once the current contracts are fulfilled. That's alot worse than a timed exclusive. You cant wait until the game is out on your platform anymore. Now you will have to buy another console for $500 just to play games that you were able to play on your platform of choice before. So i would always prefer timed exclusives to buy outs of multiplatform studios and publishers.

Last edited:
Oh, wow two games after all those years now Sony is 100% on board with their support. Day 1 releases on PC. Oh, right. They also put those games on PS+ after a year (or more). Reminds me of a person who said that we should be grateful to Sony (!) that we got Heavy Rain on PC after all those years.

Sony's PC support is akin FFR exclusivity - everybody who tells to wait plays it Playstation :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't understand why some people are angry about this. If you celebrated Bethesda's acquisition and Xbox exclusivity, you don't have any right to be pissed about this.

When MS removed PS access to ~10 Bethesda games, what did you guys think Sony was going to do? Give up or double down on exclusivity for other games to make it up for Bethesda's loss?

Last edited:

Neff

They are taking care of there customers like any other business.

I have a job so platform exclusivity doesn't worry me too much, but I'm not sure how cockblocking a game on other platforms equates with 'taking care' of your customers.

Fbh

Timed exclusives are by far the worst type of exclusives.
Instead of investing in something to give your system long lasting value, you are basically just buying some short term exclusives that in a year or two will loose any added value to your system.

I don't understand why some people are angry about this. If you celebrated Bethesda's acquisition and Xbox exclusivity, you don't have any right to be pissed about this.

When MS removed PS access to ~10 Bethesda games, what did you guys think Sony was going to do? Give up or double down on exclusivity for other games to make it up for Bethesda's loss?

As a Ms fan I'd be happy about the Bethesda acquisition because it means my console of choice will get a ton of exclusive content in the future.

As a Sony fan I'd be only marginally happy about this deal because I'd rather have Sony invest in giving me more games I can only experience on Playstation instead of games I just get to play first on Playstation but I could still eventually play on every other platform if I wait for a year or 2.

Last edited:
I have a job so platform exclusivity doesn't worry me too much, but I'm not sure how cockblocking a game on other platforms equates with 'taking care' of your customers.
has nothing to do with having a job.....

Sony getting games released on there Platform and only on there Platforms means no one else can get it so it jusifies them having a playstation.... thats what it means to take care of there customers... making sure its the only Place to play the best games, or offering games that cant be had anywhere else

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
FF7’s combat was a game changer for me plus the hero Cloud and his story, Shinra, PS5 etc. it all came together. It’s the year of Final Fantasy.

Nickolaidas

Banned
lol. Not surprised.

With MS you will be able to play the games even from browser, with Sony you can't even get the games on PC

And everything else that has a browser (except Playstation :messenger_tears_of_joy: )
Bethesda games were coming to Xbox before. Microsoft buying Bethesda doesn't change their game line-up in the slightest. They only bought them to cockblock Sony. Xbox fans praise this move.

Sony makes timed exclusive deals for games that would come out to their systems anyway. Sony making those deals doesn't change their game line-up in the slightest. They only do those deals to temporarily cockblock Microsoft. Xbox fans condemn this move.

The point, which many Xbox fanboys are surprisingly incapable of grasping, is the hypocrisy of it all.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
Microsoft buys Bethesda.
"Yay! Good job Phil. Now those same games will continue to be on Xbox, but not on PlayStation!"

Sony does third-party deals.
"Shady Sony. Now those games will continue to be on PlayStation, but not on Xbox. You bullies!"
When has anybody ever extended an exclusivity deal before?

Mozzarella

Timed exclusives are by far the worst type of exclusives.
Instead of investing in something to give your system long lasting value, you are basically just buying some short term exclusives that in a year or two will loose any added value to your system.

As a Ms fan I'd be happy about the Bethesda acquisition because it means my console of choice will get a ton of exclusive content in the future.

As a Sony I'd be only marginally happy about this deal because I'd rather Sony would invest in giving me more games I can only experience on Playstation instead of games I just get to play first on Playstation but I could still eventually play on every other platform if I wait for a year or 2.
This confused me, that last part. Why should i as a gamer be happy that i own a game that only people who bought my console can play? like what does that even benefit me? what i am getting out from it? lets say the game is available on all consoles, or lets say its only available on the console that i own and nothing else. At the end its the same thing for me, i just played the game.
I even see comments on Twitter and on Youtube that people fight and argue with each other over who has more games? its hilarious because if the person is not part of the corporation itself why do they care if other people get to play the game or not?
Like for example Demon's Souls Remake is only available on PS5, this whole decision only benefits Sony and for someone who only plays on Sony Console they do NOT get any benefit out of it being exclusive and not releasing on other consoles.

Im really confused about this! can someone explain to me the logic behind people who have this kind of mentality about console exclusives and being "loyal" to their brand?

Edit: As for the topic, i already played the game and it was good, but its not a game that you must play, if you already played the OG FF7 its enough, this is just a good one if you are a fan of the series, jrpg action style combat, you like the story and the characters and want to play them in new version. I didnt like some of the changes but overall it was a good game. Again as i said its not a must play unless you are a big fan of FF in general.
In my opinion the only must play exclusive from Sony this gen is Bloodborne.

Last edited:
Tell me you care without actually telling me that you care.
I don't support exclusives. In any way, shape, or form. I never cared when PC games finally make it to console, as matter a fact I'm all for it. Unlike all the suicidal
people when they found out HZD, DS, Days Gone, etc, coming to PC.

You are far from a PC spokesperson and have no clue what PC gamers want.
FF is a HUGE franchise that many(PC fans included) support.

Also quoted because you had to add your typical PMR vs console warring which the mods been warning people about.
Please point to where I even remotely claimed to be the spokesperson of PC, whatever the hell that means 😂. You realize I specifically put "I", which means me, and MY perspective. Not sure you get so triggered when people state the obvious. A more powerful machine is still more powerful. Water is wet. And thanks for being the armchair mod, that's what we all need. /s

Top Bottom