• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake will most likely come to PC in 2022 as Playstation exclusivity is extended

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Square Enix released a new trailer for Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade, in which it revealed that its Playstation exclusivity has been extended.
According to the team, the game will be available exclusively on PS5 for at least six months.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake was originally a Playstation exclusive for at least a year. Since Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade will be coming to PS5 in June, we can assume that the rumored PC version will not come out until 2022.
There is no doubt that Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade will be coming to additional platforms. I mean, that’s what the note clearly states. However, we don’t know whether Square Enix will pull a “Lost Judgement” or “Judgement” on us.

In case you did not know, SEGA announced earlier this year that Judgement would be coming to PS5, Xbox Series S|X and Stadia in April.
Moreover, SEGA announced today that its sequel, Lost Judgement, will release on PS and Xbox platforms on September 24th. There is currently no word on when – and if – these two games will hit the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Microsoft buys Bethesda.
"Yay! Good job Phil. Now those same games will continue to be on Xbox, but not on PlayStation!"

Sony does third-party deals.
"Shady Sony. Now those games will continue to be on PlayStation, but not on Xbox. You bullies!"
I'm talking about the PC version... I honestly don't give a damn about your console war.
I play games, not plastic boxes.

FranXico

MS buys a prolific third party multiplatform publisher, which results in a plethora of franchises leaving the PS platform forever - people call that "adding value to Xbox".

Sony pays for timed exclusivity of a few games - people call that "shady deals".

Hypocrisy truly knows no bounds around here.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If you start a thread with "Shady Sony at it again", your intention is very clear.
Well yes, this kind of behavior is not cool, whenever it comes from Sony, Microsoft, Epic or anyone.
Tomb Raider exclusive for one year on Xbox was dumb. Same as this and imo it needs to be criticized.
PC is a plastic box too. You aren’t entitled to a port anymore than either of the plastic boxes. Sorry.
You are right, it's just that I don't like to be categorized "fanboy" as soon as I issue a criticism. I play mainly on PC but I also have a PS4 and I'm VERY VERY happy with it.
I plan on buying a PS5 as soon as the stock let me

SkylineRKR

I'm from the FF7 generation and even I don't care about this anymore. Exclusivity only works for so long till people stop caring.

You don't miss out on much anyway. Fun fighting system but I hated the rest. Might as well wait when all parts are finished, if that ever happens anyway. Game goes into Nomura fanfic bullshit early on on Part 1 already.

Andodalf

Banned
Why pay a ton of money to build a game from the ground up when you can just pay for a game being made anyway to just never get released elsewhere?

Handel

Microsoft buys Bethesda.
"Yay! Good job Phil. Now those same games will continue to be on Xbox, but not on PlayStation!"

"Shady Sony. Now those games will continue to be on PlayStation, but not on Xbox. You bullies!"

Oh common, buying entire game devs to keep games away from other platforms is totally a-ok!
This thread is about a PC version, which Xbox console exclusives never exclude. Buying a developer goes beyond just "keep games off other platforms", whereas exclusivity agreements are solely that.

Sony must be shilling out a lot of money here, really greedy to go beyond just the one year exclusivity mark. The real shady part is the extension though, as there was expectation of PC/Xbox versions coming after the first year was over, but now weeks after the original agreement ended this is revealed. Square has no right to complain of low sales on PC/Xbox after pulling this bullshit.

yazenov

I don't get why you port beggars can't just play the game you want on the systems its on instead of crying over the forums.

If you like these type of games, history has shown that Sony's consoles are almost guaranteed to get these games day one.

Lol at calling a company shady for looking out for its best interest business wise.

You guys know that Sony gets 30% of sales if people bought the game on its system. So it being exclusive to the system it almost guaranteed to get back the money spent on locking it to the system and then some.

Last edited:
lol. Not surprised.

Microsoft buys Bethesda.

With MS you will be able to play the games even from browser, with Sony you can't even get the games on PC

You left out PC
And everything else that has a browser (except Playstation :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

Last edited:
Imagine being an adult and actually whining about this. Just play the game once it comes to PC.
I personally haven't cared about FF series since a little after original FF7 back in the day. The whole point is, this isn't great news for PC gamers. We don't believe in exclusivity, unlike the console wars / warriors. Nor is it worth it to buy a console for a single game, especially as every game will run better on our platform at the end of the day. Square will lose sales, as you can sell to a potential 10 million at most on ps5, vs 120+ million on steam + EGS + GOG, etc.

Livein

Neo Member
It can stay exclusive till they finally release full product, not a huge fan of splitting the entire thing. If we to pay 70$, I prefer do it for complete game.

evanft

I personally haven't cared about FF series since a little after original FF7 back in the day. The whole point is, this isn't great news for PC gamers. We don't believe in exclusivity, unlike the console wars / warriors. Nor is it worth it to buy a console for a single game, especially as every game will run better on our platform at the end of the day. Square will lose sales, as you can sell to a potential 10 million at most on ps5, vs 120+ million on steam + EGS + GOG, etc.
Tell me you care without actually telling me that you care.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Extending an exclusivity deal by another year. Yuck. It is what it is. This shit must cost Sony some serious bank.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I despise deals like this but I really despise this industry’s obsession with obfuscation and inability to be straightforward with their own customers.

It’s not as if MS, Valve, Epic can’t find out the details of the agreement it’s that we can’t and we can’t make an informed decision because the information is being withheld purposely.

They can all fuck off.

PS. I have a PS5 and the PS4 version for the upgrade already so this doesn’t affect my ability to play the game.

Handel

Oh, exclusivity being a side effect (albeit a pretty large one at that) of a buyout, instead of the supposed direct intent makes it OK.

Nice ethical loophole.
Everyone buys developers, you think all of Sony's first party devs were all studios formed by them? That didn't have games on other platforms before being bought out? Sony fans just think everything MS does is bad regardless of anything else is really what it's about.

There is no carrot and stick with a buyout, the expectation is that all games without previous agreements in place will be exclusive, even if sometimes they do release elsewhere on a case by case basis (some Bethesda titles may still be multiplat we don't know yet). Timed exclusives yank people's chains around, and happen to games that had previously been expected to be out on all viable systems at the same time, being kept in the dark on when those other versions will come after the exclusivity ends.

It sucks when anyone does it. Nintendo with MHR, Sony with numerous titles, Xbox with Tomb Raider. It's one of the worst common practices.

Top Bottom