• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final fantasy 7 remake remake?

nikolino840

A resetera topic of a 4chan leak

FINAL FANTASY VII: EVER CRISIS is the definitive edition of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. With additional features and stunning visual enhancements, the award-winning video game takes full advantage of the powerful new console. The new additions include
  • Performance Mode which targets 60fps with 1440p render resolution and 4K output or Graphics Mode at 30fps with ray tracing at 1440p render resolution and 4K output (PlayStation®5 exclusive)
  • Full DualSense support (PlayStation®5 exclusive)
  • Two brand new chapters: Chapter 8.5 "All Dressed Up" and a mysterious Chapter 19
  • A new boss battle, various new arena battles and a Boss Select Mode
  • Materia Quick Change
  • Photo Mode
  • New set of trophies
FINAL FANTASY VII: EVER CRISIS will launch globally on April 10, 2021 for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 and can be purchased for $59.99/€69.99/£59.99. Pre-order now to receive the exclusive in-game weapon "Butterfly Edge" for Cloud Strife.

If already posted close this thread

Kuranghi

I've got Seydou on the phone, he'll deliver the appropriate amount soon:

OT: I'd like to see more 30fps, non-RT, native 4K (Or at least higher than 1440p res) modes in games as well. I also don't want them to put too much time into so many versions of the game though so maybe don't listen to me.

Last edited:

saintjules

The rumor seems to be picking up of FFVIIR appearing at State of Play today. Free on the PS+ for the month of March, along with the remake being announced

Mr. Gematsu

gMZy6bt.jpg

4chan, but some people are saying they heard it as well. We'll see I suppose

And Imran Khan

XnjFO8C.jpg

Last edited:

Mmnow

The leak seems suspect, but at this point I'd be more surprised if Final fantasy wasn't there tonight.

That said, I've been waiting to get my plat in the hopes there's an upgrade for when I tackle it. If there's an upgrade fee, I'll be disappointed, but this is the game I'll shell it out on. If its full price? Nah, screw that.

Even the biggest FF7 fans will be put off.

saintjules

The leak seems suspect, but at this point I'd be more surprised if Final fantasy wasn't there tonight.

That said, I've been waiting to get my plat in the hopes there's an upgrade for when I tackle it. If there's an upgrade fee, I'll be disappointed, but this is the game I'll shell it out on. If its full price? Nah, screw that.

I think in the least we have the announcement of it being on PS+ for March. That one sounds pretty solid, but we'll know later today.

That would be a remaster.

I still don't think most people realize that the name of the game is a lie. It's NOT a remake of FFVII. It is a sequel that...

uses time travel, alternate universes, etc and is set during the time period where the original game began.

The Cloud and friends from this game are not the same people. The original characters do make a sort-of appearance in this game, but as adversaries of this timeline's protagonists.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
That would be a remaster.

I still don't think most people realize that the name of the game is a lie. It's NOT a remake of FFVII. It is a sequel that...

uses time travel, alternate universes, etc and is set during the time period where the original game began.

The Cloud and friends from this game are not the same people. The original characters do make a sort-of appearance in this game, but as adversaries of this timeline's protagonists.

Its almost as if the universe has been...... remade?

leo-j

Didn't it get a full price release right after the next gen consoles launched? Situation seems pretty much the same, in fact I feel like FF7 could justify its price more.
No, the game was 39.99 not full price. It included all the DLC and a way better game.

TheAssist

Honestly, I played through the game twice and I would pay full price for a PS5/PC release IF it had all these upgrades.

But somehow I dont think SE is putting that much effort into a port job. Yeah sure they were talking about cut content that would fit the "chapter 8.5" label but ehhhhh I dont know. Does Square have any game right now thats supports Ray Tracing? So far I can only remember it from their own engine tech demo quite a while back.

I like the game a lot and I actually have a holiday right around the time they would release this, so I'd hope this is some kind of "ultimate" edition. And as much as SE has improved since they crash and burn with FF13/14 original and 15 I still dont trust them to make two good things in a row.

Synless

I’m sorry but 1440p isnt going to cut it for me for a PS4 game that already ran at 1440p on pro. 60fps or and ray tracing is nice, but that seems bare bones effort to me.

Mmnow

Honestly, I played through the game twice and I would pay full price for a PS5/PC release IF it had all these upgrades.

But somehow I dont think SE is putting that much effort into a port job. Yeah sure they were talking about cut content that would fit the "chapter 8.5" label but ehhhhh I dont know. Does Square have any game right now thats supports Ray Tracing? So far I can only remember it from their own engine tech demo quite a while back.

I like the game a lot and I actually have a holiday right around the time they would release this, so I'd hope this is some kind of "ultimate" edition. And as much as SE has improved since they crash and burn with FF13/14 original and 15 I still dont trust them to make two good things in a row.
I loved the game, don't get me wrong. I just can't support minor upgrades at full price.

60fps is nice. Raytracing I can take or leave. Extra content would be great, potentially, although it sounds a little too perfectly aligned with previous leaks/interviews for my liking.

None of this is massive enough for me to be worth the price of the full game over again.

At this point I'd just be happy for them to announce something though so I can plan my hard mode run.

SkylineRKR

Materia setups should've been in the original release, what a pain. A battle mode too, again, what a pain to play and skip through half a chapter just to get access to it. Though you can get to it quicker in a later chapter. But if you missed Aerith's limit break (and you have like one fucking chance to obtain it), well, then good luck.

I miss the best feature this port should have; no more shimmying, crawling and forced walking can be skipped. Game 5 hours shorter than the original confirmed.

SkylineRKR

That's not what a remake is...

This is a demake really. Its just Midgar, padded out into oblivion. To me it really added nothing. Busywork for some leslie, chasing some weird AC reject on a bike and doing errands for Hojo for reasons? fuck this game.

All I wanted, was the original being touched up with FFX graphics or something (or better, like the PS3 tech demo). Real time combat is fine, its the only thing I didn't hate about FFVIIR.

ssringo

If they're going to change anything it should be to get rid of all those narrow corridors and low ceilings to hide asset loading. I'll take a loading screen over forced slow movement any day.

Last edited:

Metnut

I’d be fine paying $10-$15 to get an upgraded PS5 version with the new content. Not expecting or demanding a free upgrade. But, if they pull an Atlas Persona 5 Royal bullshit behind a separate full price release, I’d be really disappointed.

Lethal01

I’m sorry but 1440p isnt going to cut it for me for a PS4 game that already ran at 1440p on pro. 60fps or and ray tracing is nice, but that seems bare bones effort to me.

I much rather they improve the actual graphics than make sacrifices for higher resolution.

No, the game was 39.99 not full price. It included all the DLC and a way better game.
Oh well if it was only $40 then that is indeed a fair difference. I wouldn't know, since unlike FF7 remake, Last of us wasn't good enough for me to spend any extra money one.

A.Romero

Well, if they are specifying that some features are Playstation exclusives it means that is being ported to other platforms at the very least.

I'm curious about this game but I rather play on PC. I'll take it on Plus for sure, though. If I like it I can hold out a bit more until the PC port is released.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If Sal Romano is saying it then I'm 100% believing it. That dude dead ass posted Smash 4 "predictions" on GAF so casually for its announcement at E3 and they were 100% accurate.

Pejo

The idea that somebody from resetera is hanging out on 4chan just makes me feel uneasy and I can't explain why. It's like oil and water.

I believe the leak, but boy are they in milk mode with this. A 2nd version of a part 1 of a ??? part remake...

Top Bottom