• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Patch Adds PS5 Save Data Transfer

XJF

Any word on whether it will it have a separate trophy list, a la Spider-Man Remastered and Nioh Remastered?

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
You don’t need your ps4 pro to transfer the save if it’s in the cloud. You just have to download the ps4 version of ff7 on to your ps5, sync the save from the cloud, launch the game, in the save menu area do the transfer, then close the game and delete it and wait for remake integrate to come out
Thanks, much appreciated and will do this for sure.

I'm only maybe 10-11 chapters in but it's good to know I won't need to redo it all.

Cheers!

FUBARx89

Any word on whether it will it have a separate trophy list, a la Spider-Man Remastered and Nioh Remastered?

Yes it will.

It's a native ps5 port. All native ps5 ports have seperate trophy lists so far.

Well. I traded in ME and Wreckfest ps4 for the physical version which I'm off to pick up in a minute weeeee.

Reactions: Isa

SkylineRKR

I beat Hard mode, but kind of wish I didn't and saved it for the PS5 version someday. Hard mode is very good by the way. And you can skip shit.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I beat Hard mode, but kind of wish I didn't and saved it for the PS5 version someday. Hard mode is very good by the way. And you can skip shit.

Been running HM on the ps4 version and it is indeed amazing.

The scorpion fight at rhe start is king on it.

4k mode is beautiful.

Edit - 60fps is even better.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Been running HM on the ps4 version and it is indeed amazing.

The scorpion fight at rhe start is king on it.

4k mode is beautiful.

Edit - 60fps is even better.

Its really fun and the no item usage doesn't really matter. It forces you to make your shots count. And you will need to exploit those weaknesses in fights. Elemental is absolutely imperative, and even MP absorb is useful. Same goes for yellow like Prayer and chakra which will become your friend. Its just too bad you can't preset builds but the new version is supposed to get just that. I ran into one brick wall and that is the huge boss marathon in 17, but its because I wasted too much on trash mob. You don't need to use that much and physical attack builds actually work too.

Boss Mog

I sold my PS4 version a while back, I better be able to carry my save over to the PS5 version without the need to have the PS4 version or SE is going to get an earful.

EDIT: Technically i have the PS+ version but it's a different region than my save data so it might not work.

Last edited:

wvnative

I sold my PS4 version a while back, I better be able to carry my save over to the PS5 version without the need to have the PS4 version or SE is going to get an earful.

Sorry buddy you need the PS4 version, i guess you didn't get it off PS+ back in march?

Anyway don't yell at Square, this is a Sony problem for having entirely separate SDKs and different handling of save files from PS4.

killatopak

Gold Member
can I transfer saves via usb?

My ps+ account is subscribed on an SG account while my savefile is on a US account.

wvnative

can I transfer saves via usb?

My ps+ account is subscribed on an SG account while my savefile is on a US account.

No, you need a PS4 copy of the game installed, it's not done via PSN or the OS. It is still tied to the account though.

PS5 games don't even support USB save transfer, and even if they did and you could do it, saves are tied to accounts nowadays

Boss Mog

Sorry buddy you need the PS4 version, i guess you didn't get it off PS+ back in march?

Anyway don't yell at Square, this is a Sony problem for having entirely separate SDKs and different handling of save files from PS4.
I do have the PS+ version but it's a different region from my save data so it might not work. And I would blame SE because I was able to transfer my Spider-man save to the PS5 version without the PS4 version installed. If Insomniac can do it, there's no reason SE can't. Also my PS4 Spider-man save was from a different region than my PS5 version of the game and it still worked.

Last edited:
So if I own the PS4 version and my save file is on my PS5 (already deleted it from my PS5 to make space for Intergrade), I must:

Re-download the PS4 edition to my PS5 to get the patch so my save is transferrable and then download the entire Intergrade version separately?

FUBARx89

Its really fun and the no item usage doesn't really matter. It forces you to make your shots count. And you will need to exploit those weaknesses in fights. Elemental is absolutely imperative, and even MP absorb is useful. Same goes for yellow like Prayer and chakra which will become your friend. Its just too bad you can't preset builds but the new version is supposed to get just that. I ran into one brick wall and that is the huge boss marathon in 17, but its because I wasted too much on trash mob. You don't need to use that much and physical attack builds actually work too.

I haven't ran out of MP once yet 😂, chakra has always been my friend.

The biggest ballache I've had so far was Airbuster.

FUBARx89

EDIT: Technically i have the PS+ version but it's a different region than my save data so it might not work.

Might not make a difference. You can give it a try.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I absolutely despise how Square made the new game + in this game (stupid chapter select menu, hate hate hate it). I hate how hard mode makes it so you can’t use items… ever. Making them 100% pointless. I wanted a hard mode that also didn’t fee gimped and artificially stupid.
Item use makes the game trivial since you effectively have unlimited HP and MP. This is why it's "hard" mode. You need to actually be good at the game in order to mitigate damage using the game mechanics.

Blizzje

Door texture hype. DLC trophies look good, can't wait to sink my teeth in this. Already got the platinum for the PS4 version and looking forward to the sweet insta-pop tomorrow when I fire it up on my PS QUINTUPLE.

wvnative

I do have the PS+ version but it's a different region from my save data so it might not work. And I would blame SE because I was able to transfer my Spider-man save to the PS5 version without the PS4 version installed. If Insomniac can do it, there's no reason SE can't. Also my PS4 Spider-man save was from a different region than my PS5 version of the game and it still worked.

Um, you had to upload the Spider-Man save in-game on PS4 to transfer just like FF7, so I am uncertain how you did that.

I wouldn't have thought a different region save would work as wouldn't that be a different account?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Can I plug in my usb stick with my PS4 save on and copy it over that way or do I have to upload it from within the actual game (that I long since uninstalled)

Top Bottom